Obama's Religion

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tucc.org/about.htmWhy is a man who follows this religion a candidate for president? Am I missing any information on this?
So, we say that part of the problem in America's ghettos is that there is not enough focus on family values, and then when he is linked to an organization that is obviously attempting to put focus on these things he is a racist? What kind of logic is that? Did they use the word black to much? Get over it- I don't know if you noticed, but he IS black. I bet he knows it as well, and if you asked him if he was white or black he would say," I am black. "
So, we say that part of the problem in America's ghettos is that there is not enough focus on family values, and then when he is linked to an organization that is obviously attempting to put focus on these things he is a racist? What kind of logic is that? Did they use the word black to much? Get over it- I don't know if you noticed, but he IS black. I bet he knows it as well, and if you asked him if he was white or black he would say," I am black. "
If the words black and white were switched and Obama was white how do you think this would be perceived? Why play the race card? If you meant ghettos say ghettos. Stop segregating blacks from whites.
If the words black and white were switched and Obama was white how do you think this would be perceived? Why play the race card? If you meant ghettos say ghettos. Stop segregating blacks from whites.
So, then this isn't about religion but race.We don't have a race forum.Try GenPop.
http://www.tucc.org/about.htmWhy is a man who follows this religion a candidate for president? Am I missing any information on this?
I was a member of the United Church of Christ before I converted, it's a great and very old church. They started Harvard. This particular congregation has apparently decided to form itself in terms of social justice around creating a positive Christian culture for American black people, something missing from our society and a need that definitely needed filling. They possibly did this in the 60s as a response to more negative and tradically violent factions looking to fill that gap. Other congregations will have other focuses and other ways to fulfill Christian ministry.I'd say you are missing a great deal of information - and the key to your mind seems to have gotten lost somewhere.
Get real. There is absolutely nothing wrong with blacks being a part of organizations trying to make a difference in the black community. As Chris Rock would say,"White man,you gonna be alright." 11to1 is right about this one- how can you possibly believe that you are thinking right on this one? Don't you think that you believeing that Black people cannot have organizations that better their community, makes you a racist?
Get real. There is absolutely nothing wrong with blacks being a part of organizations trying to make a difference in the black community. As Chris Rock would say,"White man,you gonna be alright." 11to1 is right about this one- how can you possibly believe that you are thinking right on this one? Don't you think that you believeing that Black people cannot have organizations that better their community, makes you a racist?
So I'm a racist for being anti-segregation now? I know that there are plenty of black people who have the same stance I do on this. As I said before if the words black were replaced with white and Obama was white there would be an outrage. However, a lot of Americans don't mind this from the minority communities just as a lot of Americans don't mind certain ethnic groups getting into college over better candidates simply because of their race.
So I'm a racist for being anti-segregation now? .........
SEGREGATION? Wow, you don't have a clue, do you? You think thaT white folks are banned from this church? Why don't you just go see it and stop shooting your mouth off about things you do not understand? Or get even a little educated. Read the history of the United Church of Christ.
SEGREGATION? Wow, you don't have a clue, do you? You think thaT white folks are banned from this church? Why don't you just go see it and stop shooting your mouth off about things you do not understand? Or get even a little educated. Read the history of the United Church of Christ.
Or you could go to the site's homepage. Tell me what you would think about these ideals?These White Ethics must be taught and exemplified in homes, churches, nurseries and schools, wherever Whites are gathered. They must reflect on the following concepts:Commitment to God Commitment to the White Community Commitment to the White Family Dedication to the Pursuit of Education Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence Adherence to the White Work Ethic Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness" Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.Yes...I replaced the word black with white to hopefully help you see it more clearly. Black is the color of one's skin, not a culture with it's own value system seperate from one with different colored skin.
So I'm a racist for being anti-segregation now? I know that there are plenty of black people who have the same stance I do on this. As I said before if the words black were replaced with white and Obama was white there would be an outrage. However, a lot of Americans don't mind this from the minority communities just as a lot of Americans don't mind certain ethnic groups getting into college over better candidates simply because of their race.
You are taking the stance that it is not O.K. for a black woman or man to be a part of a church that is attempting to deal with issues within the black community. That would indeed make you a racist, well, a borderline racist, and definitely not very smart. Let me break it down for you. You read the list, saw the words black, and then said to yourself,"Whatever. If that was a white man involved in that church and if it said white, that would be an outrage, What B.S., what a double standard. Right, fellas?" Enter me, and every other person who has posted so far, and we gave you a chance, checked out the site, and read what you read and here is what we saw- a organization trying to make a difference in a community that could use just that. That's all we saw, and told you so. Your response-"They don't have any recognizable culture". WTF? Here is the exact sentence-"Yes...I replaced the word black with white to hopefully help you see it more clearly. Black is the color of one's skin, not a culture with it's own value system seperate from one with different colored skin." Enter me again- keep digging brother. There is most definitely a seperate culture, from music to food to how our wives want to be ****ed, there are differences. It's the smart ones that see that, recognize it, applaud it, and accept that culture as neither better than or worse than our own. Then, you come along and completely miss the point. You could not have blown this more. You are just dead wrong. Watch everybody agree with me, and that doesn't happen often.
You are taking the stance that it is not O.K. for a black woman or man to be a part of a church that is attempting to deal with issues within the black community. That would indeed make you a racist, well, a borderline racist, and definitely not very smart. Let me break it down for you. You read the list, saw the words black, and then said to yourself,"Whatever. If that was a white man involved in that church and if it said white, that would be an outrage, What B.S., what a double standard. Right, fellas?" Enter me, and every other person who has posted so far, and we gave you a chance, checked out the site, and read what you read and here is what we saw- a organization trying to make a difference in a community that could use just that. That's all we saw, and told you so. Your response-"They don't have any recognizable culture". WTF? Here is the exact sentence-"Yes...I replaced the word black with white to hopefully help you see it more clearly. Black is the color of one's skin, not a culture with it's own value system seperate from one with different colored skin." Enter me again- keep digging brother. There is most definitely a seperate culture, from music to food to how our wives want to be ****ed, there are differences. It's the smart ones that see that, recognize it, applaud it, and accept that culture as neither better than or worse than our own. Then, you come along and completely miss the point. You could not have blown this more. You are just dead wrong. Watch everybody agree with me, and that doesn't happen often.
The rap, the food, the way the wives want to be ****ed are more of stereotypes to blacks vs culture. Not all blacks struggle and live in the ghetto, which is the type of society I believe that you are referring to. In my opinion there is no such thing as black culture. What I believe you are referring to is more of an urban/poor culture. That is a totally different form of life from what the blacks in my town experience. I could debate this forever, but you are still missing the point that I'm making. I totally understand where you are coming from, but you are stereotyping blacks in your logic as well. To say that you want to strengthen the black community is an indirect racist statement. By this statement you are not focusing on the urban community, not focusing on the poor communities, but focusing on the black communities. It's a statement to me that basically says we don't care about the other races as much as we care about the black race. It's saying that urban poor black people need to be focused on by this church before urban poor white people. It's a very selfish and immoral philosophy that this church is preaching.
The rap, the food, the way the wives want to be ****ed are more of stereotypes to blacks vs culture. Not all blacks struggle and live in the ghetto, which is the type of society I believe that you are referring to. In my opinion there is no such thing as black culture. What I believe you are referring to is more of an urban/poor culture. That is a totally different form of life from what the blacks in my town experience. I could debate this forever, but you are still missing the point that I'm making. I totally understand where you are coming from, but you are stereotyping blacks in your logic as well. To say that you want to strengthen the black community is an indirect racist statement. By this statement you are not focusing on the urban community, not focusing on the poor communities, but focusing on the black communities. It's a statement to me that basically says we don't care about the other races as much as we care about the black race. It's saying that urban poor black people need to be focused on by this church before urban poor white people. It's a very selfish and immoral philosophy that this church is preaching.
Absolute horseshit. Thats like saying that I have 10,000 dollars, and my brother or my best friedn need that 10,000 very badly, but so does a homeless dude so I should give the homeless guy a fair shot at the 10,000 grand as well. You help your own community, and then go from there. This applies to anything in life- I cannot help you treat your wife better if I am not doing it myself, whatver the issue is, each much take care of it's own first and foremost. I didn't stereotype at all- apparently, that group sees a need within the black community and would like to try and fill. We should be applaudeing that effort, not coming up with petty reasons why they shouldn't do what they are doing. BTW, rap never crossed my mind, and that is a direct testament to how warped your view is. I was thinking more soul, the elements of rock and roll that Elvis brought in that originated in the black community, the 1,000 ways you can cook shrimp because, well,that's what you could afford in 60's, 70's south. Jazz,Funk,Southern Baptist- I mean the real southern baptist. That's black for you right there, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying so.
Absolute horseshit. Thats like saying that I have 10,000 dollars, and my brother or my best friedn need that 10,000 very badly, but so does a homeless dude so I should give the homeless guy a fair shot at the 10,000 grand as well. You help your own community, and then go from there. This applies to anything in life- I cannot help you treat your wife better if I am not doing it myself, whatver the issue is, each much take care of it's own first and foremost. I didn't stereotype at all- apparently, that group sees a need within the black community and would like to try and fill. We should be applaudeing that effort, not coming up with petty reasons why they shouldn't do what they are doing. BTW, rap never crossed my mind, and that is a direct testament to how warped your view is. I was thinking more soul, the elements of rock and roll that Elvis brought in that originated in the black community, the 1,000 ways you can cook shrimp because, well,that's what you could afford in 60's, 70's south. Jazz,Funk,Southern Baptist- I mean the real southern baptist. That's black for you right there, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying so.
By saying you want to strengthen the black community you are segregating the black community from the white community. That is totally different from saying that you want to strengthen your own community. The church is classifying communities by race. There is no way around it.

I've never heard the statement:Whites need to do all they can to improve the white communityHell, whites would be deemed as racist if they said that.... But yet everyone supports a black community who wants to improve their own needs....

Don't tell my republican friends, but Im startgin to like Obama more and more
I won't, but what part of Obama do you like best: The fact that he plays the race card or the high taxes?
I won't, but what part of Obama do you like best: The fact that he plays the race card or the high taxes?
I assume ur a hardcore republican...when you want to look at reality...actually look at what the govt was like when republicans controlled both the congress and white house...then decide if anything they did was christian or even relevant to the platform of the party. Youll find your answer is no on both questions. The republicans pander to the evangelicals just as the dems have been accused of pandering to the black citizens. Both partys could care less but b/c they need the votes they will act that way until they get elected.
I assume ur a hardcore republican...when you want to look at reality...actually look at what the govt was like when republicans controlled both the congress and white house...then decide if anything they did was christian or even relevant to the platform of the party. Youll find your answer is no on both questions. The republicans pander to the evangelicals just as the dems have been accused of pandering to the black citizens. Both partys could care less but b/c they need the votes they will act that way until they get elected.
I'm not Christian. Most of my social beliefs go along with the Republican stance, but I'm very conservative when it comes to economics. As for the platform of the Republican Party, I don't really know what that is, nor do I care all that much. I know that the Republican Party started as an anti-slavery party, but that's about it. I'm just for business, equality, and low taxes.Do the Republicans really pander to the evangelicals? Sure...there are a few. However, they are mostly evangelical, so perhaps they are just going along with their beliefs. There is no doubt about it that politicians say things just to get elected, most notably Hillary Clinton.
I'm not Christian. Most of my social beliefs go along with the Republican stance, but I'm very conservative when it comes to economics. As for the platform of the Republican Party, I don't really know what that is, nor do I care all that much. I know that the Republican Party started as an anti-slavery party, but that's about it. I'm just for business, equality, and low taxes.Do the Republicans really pander to the evangelicals? Sure...there are a few. However, they are mostly evangelical, so perhaps they are just going along with their beliefs. There is no doubt about it that politicians say things just to get elected, most notably Hillary Clinton.
You were actually making an argument until the last line. She is Definitely the most notable politician to 'say things' to get elected. What do all the politicians who are not 'notable' for this do? Sign things? Sense things through ESP? Write letters? Oh...they SAY things.
Problem is WHITE people aren't STILL at a disadvantage. That's like saying we shouldn't have escalators or ramps at shopping malls for people in wheelchairs.Why should people 'mind' 'this' from the minority communities?
You were actually making an argument until the last line. She is Definitely the most notable politician to 'say things' to get elected. What do all the politicians who are not 'notable' for this do? Sign things? Sense things through ESP? Write letters? Oh...they SAY things.
Haven't you seen her on TV? She takes it to the extreme. "I don't feel no ways tired. I've come too far." It is quite funny though.
Problem is WHITE people aren't STILL at a disadvantage. That's like saying we shouldn't have escalators or ramps at shopping malls for people in wheelchairs.Why should people 'mind' 'this' from the minority communities?
Is it a possibility that a lot of people of all races put themselves in poverty? In my opinion white people are actually in more of a disadvantage then black people these days. There are a lot of laws that favor affirmative action when it comes to jobs and schools throughout the United States. It's easier for a black person to get into a college then it is a white person. This is not because of their socioeconomic backgrounds, but simply because of the color of their skin. Government and colleges put black people ahead of white people. Can you tell me of any laws that favor whites over blacks that directly deal with race such as affirmative action? There's no way around it.
God forbid people try to make a difference with thier own people. We would never want that. What is the world coming to when we have people running around upset because people are grouping together to do positive things within there communities? You know what I am finding as life goes on? There are people running around amongst us who, while they have the ability to read and write it's waste of knowledge- they should have never even bothered.