***official Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

phillies.gifWell, hopefully this thread will get the ****ing bats going a little bit. Chase Utley is 0-23 his lasr 23 at bats with just 2 RBIs. Howard is just being Howard and our pitching can't hold up much longer with Myers, Kendrick, and Eaton. We're going to need to make a trade and pick up a pitcher maybe someone like Greg Maddox or Randy Wolf from the almost dead San Diego Padres.Still in first place though...LETS GO PHILLIES!
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Milwaukee is HOT right now, but Philly has home-field so I think/hope this is a good series. I don't mind seeing either of these teams win this series.
Starting pitching will be the big thing I guess. We'll have to see how CC handles going on short rest again and then of course the Sheets problem.I'm kinda curious about what will happen in a potential game 4 for Philly since I don't particularly want to see them send out Blanton, but don't really like the idea of sending out Hamels on three days rest either.

Hamels threw a gem today. I wish he stayed in for the ninth, but I guess bringing in Lidge was the best move (as long as it's this year's Lidge and not 2005 playoffs Lidge)

Hamels threw a gem today. I wish he stayed in for the ninth, but I guess bringing in Lidge was the best move (as long as it's this year's Lidge and not 2005 playoffs Lidge)
I'm relatively sure they would have left Hamels in if they weren't trying to leave open the possibility of him coming back in game 4 on three days rest.
  • 2 weeks later...
LOL, agreed. I dislike starting new threads, so when I felt the desire to say something about the Phillies, I just went and found this one. Not too many Phils fans in general though.
At this rate, you may reach page 2 before the next time the Pirates win 82!
Congrats Phillies! If the Rays can close it, I think that will be a sick World Series.
I've been a fan of the Rays since I started following baseball ten years ago for the sole reason that I felt bad for them because they always finished in last place every year. If the Rays make it in, it'll be just a super sexy series for me, with my two favorite teams going at it.

How have I kept missing this thread? I don't come to this forum often enough but I've been a Phillies fan since I was 5 years old when I went to my first baseball game - Opening Day, 1993 (home opener). Since that awesome year, it's been a lot of teases and frustration but we're finally back in the World Series!

0 for 11 with runner in scoring position and still win...that was like stealin baby!!!If Howard and J-Rol start to hit even a little this series will be 5 games. Lets get number 2 tonight!!

Why are they playing Feliz at 3rd and Dobbs at DH against a right-hander in Shields. Feliz's defense does not come close to making up for the fact that Stairs is a million times better a hitter than Feliz against right handers.

Why are they playing Feliz at 3rd and Dobbs at DH against a right-hander in Shields. Feliz's defense does not come close to making up for the fact that Stairs is a million times better a hitter than Feliz against right handers.
You could probably use the justification that Feliz had a couple hits yesterday and Manuel wanted to keep him in, but I frankly think Manuel would have kept Feliz at third even if he pulled an O-for yesterday cause that's just how Manuel rolls. I don't know enough about Stairs to say anything about him. Is he really that amazing against right-handed pitching?
You could probably use the justification that Feliz had a couple hits yesterday and Manuel wanted to keep him in, but I frankly think Manuel would have kept Feliz at third even if he pulled an O-for yesterday cause that's just how Manuel rolls. I don't know enough about Stairs to say anything about him. Is he really that amazing against left-handed hitting?
No Feliz is just that bad. 246/282/422 against hem lifetime compared to 272/364/497 for Stairs. Thats probably optimistic for Stairs but hes still a hell of a lot better than Feliz.Manuel should probably split up Utley and Howard sometime too, because I dont think after the first 6 innings either of them is gonna see a right handed pitcher. They are just gonna see a heavy dosage of Price and Howell. I think you gotta put Burrell or Werth in between them somehow.