pens sign palffy

PP1 Lemieux Crosby RechhiPP2 Malkin Palfy Malone.damn thats good...oh don't forget our blueliners...gonchar and tartstrom.

PP1 Lemieux Crosby RechhiPP2 Malkin Palfy Malone.damn thats good...oh don't forget our blueliners...gonchar and tartstrom.
I know it's so sick.I haven't been this pumped for hockey in ages.
Dont forget Marc-Andre Fleury between the pipes. That guys got crazy potential, saw him during the junior championship a few years back. Just too bad won't be seeing pens in edmonton till next year.
It appears both Pennsylvania teams underestimate the need for a quality goaltender. Fleury is gonna be good but not quite yet!
Sean Burke is on the way. Your definitely right that Fleury is not quite ready.

The thing that scares me is even after all their free agency activity the Pens still have 24 million dollars worth of cap space to play with. There's still a lot of quality players out there, Sean Burke would be a nice aquisition to get Fleury through the transition to starting goalie. I'd say (based on their free agents still unsigned) that they have enough cap space to sign at least two more free agents before they address their restricted guys (Lemieux will play cheap for a shot at another title). Pittsburgh Penguins Player Contract Notes 2005-2006 Salary (US) Zigmund Palffy UFA (Los Angeles) $4.5 million Sergei Gonchar UFA (Boston) $3.5 million Mark Recchi $2.28 million Andre Roy UFA (Tampa Bay) $1 million Ric Jackman $760,000 Sebastien Caron $646,000 Rico Fata $551,000 Lasse Pirjeta $456,000 Ryan VandenBussche $450,000 Tomas Surovy $450,000 10 Players $14,593,000 Restricted Free Agents: Colby Armstrong, Kris Beech, Shane Endicott, Matt Hussey, David Koci, Konstantin Koltsov, Guillaume Lefebvre, Ross Lupaschuk, Ryan Malone, Josef Melichar, Matt Murley, Michel Ouellet, Martin Strbak, Dick Tarnstrom.Unrestricted Free Agents: Mike Eastwood, Mario Lemieux, Steve McKenna, Landon Wilson, Dan Focht, Rob Scuderi, Matt Bradley, Steven Crampton, Darcy Robinson, Michal Rozsival.

I wouldn't quit on Beech or Koltsov just yet either.From what I hear it looks like the pens are gonna make a run at a Cujo or another top veteran Goalie to help with D...remember they got plenty of cap room. 66 ain't getting any younger so they should be plugging any holes they think they have.