christian

I read that Daniel is a Christian. Being a Christian myself, I thought this was very cool. Cool because people look up to Daniel and respect him. All of the anger and problems in my life went away when I became a Christian. Leave me your email on this forum if you want to chat about becoming a Christian. I promise not to judge you, preach to you or anything like that. Just a great way to find happiness you never knew existed. Any comments? Can't hardly wait to see some of the negative post I get from this. Any positive comments would be welcomed.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a long post about playing poker and christianity a week ago it was written by "jackthecat" I would give you the link but I'm lazy so just search the forum members link and then look through all the posts written by that member and you should find it.

thanks. i saw it the other day. i am a poker player myself. this was not meant to be about poker being right or wrong. just a lighthearted post to see what peoples beliefs are. i'm not here to judge anyone or bash anyone. just letting anyone who wants to know how much it changed my life for the good.

All of the anger and problems in my life went away when I became a Christian.Isn't your life incredibly boring without any challanges and deviod of any passion with occasional anger?Sounds horrible.

are you saying i have a boring life because i am a Christian?No, you are.I'm just saying it sounds horrible.Life without problems or anger would be completely pointless, banal, mundane and boring as hell.No pun intended.

When he said "all problems" I dont think he meant every problem in the world. That's impossible. It's not like once you decide to dedicate your life to God that everything becomes peachy. You really have to work at re-doing your entire life. In fact, becoming a Christian in itself, and staying true to it is probably one of the biggest challenges you can face. And at times you'll be angry, but overall i've noticed that people are also happier. I'm agnostic, but my best friend recently became a very dedicated Christian. He still has challenges, but they're GOOD challenges. He's happier than i've ever seen him, and i'm happy for him.So Smash, going around and saying that a life of faith is "boring and mundane" definitley isn't true. Why would anyone want a boring and mundane life?

smash, based on your comments, i feel sorry for you . i do not know you or anything about you. just the comments you made. i use to have an attitude alot like yours. i was big and bad. and as for my problems going away, they did. i still face challenges everyday, but i have a totally new way of dealing with them. i love talking to people who had an attitude like yours and then became a Christian. the change you see in them is amazing. making fun of someone who has found happiness (however they found it) blows my mind. anyone out there agree with me? remember, i am not any better than any of you guys, just sharing a positive story in a sometimes very negative world.

i love talking to people who had an attitude like yours and then became a Christian.Well, I imagine that's fairly unlikely to have happened, because my attitude is that Christanity for weak minded sucjers who needed something to fill the void when they realized that the Easter Bunny wasn't real.If you want to treat people well, then treat people well. Don't treat people well because someone told you that some guy who was nailed to a tree 2000 years ago, of whom there is absolutely no credible jistorical eveidence of him even existing, told you to.I derive my morality and ethics internally, not based on an organised movement that's been responsible for more death than smallpox and more pain and suffering than than just about any other in the history of the planet. Christanity is about power and money. Power and money. Not virture. Virtue is self derived.I understand that the vast majority of the people in the world are hopelessly insecure followers who want to be told what to do and be part of something that makes them special.I understand that most people in the world are simply terrfied to say "I don't know the answer to..." about any of the big questions humans ponder. Fortunately for us the occasional atheist fronting as a christian pops up and points out minor little things like the Earth not actually being the center of the universe, homosexuality not being evil, and that woman probably shouldn't be owned by men and that maybe they should be allowed to do tings like read or vote.I'm happy for you that you've found something to glom onto and use as a crutch so you can go through your entire life avoiding and self inspection or uncertainty or whatever problem it was that caused you to somehow come to believe that an invisable man in the sky sent his son into the womb of a virgin so he could wander around the desert for a while before being killed, coming back to life and then going back up to the sky with dad.Personally, I'm just not that gulliable or needy for some sort of emotional or rational quick fix at the cost of my intelligence. I'm fine with saying "I have no idea what happens when I die, all evidence would sem to indicate nothing at all". I'm also bright enough to realize that just because someone wrote something doesn't make it true. Particularly when they have their hand out looking for cash while they tell me salvation is more important than material things.Anyway, it's a poker forum, let's stop clogging it up with pointless posts about whatever cult we've decided to join the last few moths. You don't see me in here talking Kant or Sartre do you?

You'd think we'd gotten past this when Emily came here to pick a fight.. yeesh.Christan or not, DN, and many other members of our circle, are. Lets respect them for not pushing it onto us. The topic was not misleading at all.

your comments were direct quotes from bill maure.No, they're a direct quote from me.He may have said something simmilar at some point, I mean it's stating the obvious after all.If I say teh sky is blue that doesn't mean I'm quoting someone else who said it at some point, now does it.Look you're outclassed here. I'm the wrong guy to discuss this with because I'm rhetorically better than you and I know the subject better than you.Just let it go. Surely Davey and Golliath should be coming on soon or something?

Holy shit, I almost got on here to defend Smash because I thought he was just playing mind games with the original poster, but holy shit... holy shit.I am all for anti-political-correctness, but you may have taken this one a bit far Smash (and I think you are a bit intoxicated, judging from the abnormal amount of typos compared to your usually clean posts). I actually feel the same way about religion in general, but man it's not really something you should be saying to people. Believe what you believe, let them believe what they believe. Would you be as upset if someone came in here and said "I play with hot wheels every day, and I heard Daniel does also. I just wanted to see if other people played with hot wheels, or even if some were more in to micro machines." You kinda have to look at it the same way in this instance, rather than jumping down the throat of someone due to their lifestyle choice.Although, Kelsey, I think you are wrong in text and tone when you went at Smash for his 'attitude'. You added fuel to the fire by using a typical "Holier Than Thou" argument. That is about the easiest way to get an educated athiest to dust off his debate team skills, and due to the nature of religion (it is after all based on faith alone), there is no winning argument for the faithful -- which is fine, that is the point really, and good for you if it brings you happiness. Do whatever makes you happy, that is how everyone should live.

several times i said "i'm not saying i'm better than anyone or am i trying to preach to you". i was just talking out loud for once. i am not trying to cram anything down anyones throat. let's just talk poker. regardless of how you achieve it, being happy is NEVER a bad thing. good luck to all of you. i was not trying to stir anything up.

several times i said "i'm not saying i'm better than anyone or am i trying to preach to you". i was just talking out loud for once. i am not trying to cram anything down anyones throat. let's just talk poker. regardless of how you achieve it, being happy is NEVER a bad thing. good luck to all of you. i was not trying to stir anything up.Can't hardly wait to see some of the negative post I get from this. Any positive comments would be welcomed.I must have missd the part in Leviticus where it said lying was a good idea. Or was it in Matthew where Christ said "Be sure and condtradict yourself whenever possible. I mean don't. No wait, do."Whatever.

smash, the diff. between you an i is that i have no problem with you and you are have a problem with me. i repect what you have to say. what did i lie about?I don't have a problem with you, I have a problem with Christanity.I mainly have pity for you in regards to this subject.You posted this topic to elicit this kind of response, nothing more, nothing less.