Maddux- Expected To Be First Unanimous Hof Pick- Not Because Of Dbag..

Instead, worthless **** votes Jack Morris.

His reasoning:

]KEN GURNICK[/b]

Morris has flaws -- a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Player Award votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won't vote for any of them.

Shitbag then announces he won't be voting on future HOF ballots.

https://twitter.com/...640966085603328

There are times when I wish this was North Korea and I was Kim Jong Un. That man would be hung on national television.

Why does it matter, at all, if Maddux is unanimous?

It would've been an achievement.

It was deserved yet denied.

This was going to be the HOF ballot where baseball's embarassing streak of not having a unanimous HOF electee in the face of objectively obviously and inarguable First Ballot Candidates was finally going to be broken but because of one troll faggot with shitty idealogy, it wasn't.

Also annoying to see people pointedly shitting on Jack Morris because of this.

The whole fiasco is awful.

Gurnick is completely retarded. Not much else to say about it, he's just a huge and total retard.

I imagine that there were a couple other Gurnicks out there, but that most of the other people who didn't vote for Maddux either turned in a blank ballot as some sort of personal protest for whatever stupid reason, or didn't vote for him because they knew he'd get in with over 95% anyway and since they can only vote for 10 players they wanted to use their votes for players who they felt needed more support and/or were in danger of falling off the ballot. I agree that he should have been unanimous, but there was no chance it was gonna happen. There were also probably a couple people who omitted him because nobody has ever been unanimous and for whatever stupid reason they think that means that nobody ever should be.

The whole process has become pretty stupid and is now about the self-important writers grappling with these oh-so-important decisions rather than about the players. Deadspin summed it up pretty well in their article which revealed that Dan Le Batard was the one who gave his vote over to the Deadspin readers:

"With an electorate comprising a subset of a subset of a subset of the baseball press and a 75 percent threshold for entry into the Hall, the process has been hijacked by cranks, attention-seeking trolls, and the merely perplexed—people who exercise power out of proportion to their numbers due to the perverse structure of the voting. Further, the bad process has led to the process itself becoming the focal point of the process, at the expense of baseball. (Over the last month, you probably read a lot more columns in which anguished writers laid out their feelings about other anguished writers' feelings about drugs and/or the outdated voting process than you did appreciations of Hideo Nomo's fine and important career.)"

http://deadspin.com/...llot-1496558341

Unfortunately I still really really care about the HOF voting for at least one more year, since next year is Pedro's first year on the ballot. I'm assuming he'll get in first try, but really at this point it wouldn't be a big surprise if he got like 70%. I predict he'll get between 85 and 90 though, and he, Randy Johnson (98%), and John Smoltz (90%) will all go in as first-balloters next year. I think Biggio will get in too, not just because he came ridiculously close today but also because Gurnick probably isn't the only cunt who turned in an all-old-school ballot but will abstain next year with Morris finally done, and therefore their idiot non-votes won't have to be counted.

it wasn't just one guy, he was just the first one to come public. 16 guys didn't vote for Maddux. I think bonds not getting in at all is much more egregious than Maddux's percentages.

I didn't know there were more. I thought it was just him. I hope there's some superpower hacker out there who's also a baseball fan,cracks whatever DB/server needs to be cracked, learns who they all are and publishes them.

Gurnick deserves no credit for going public and recusing himself from future votes. If anything, maybe something like fast death by firing squad rather than slow flaying before being immolated but he is absolutely fully culpable for this.

Anyone who did not vote for Maddux is human garbage. Likewise, everyone on the historical HOF ballot list from Ozzie Smith north- who didn't vote any of those players first ballot- is also garbage.

Madduxes (Maddux'? Maddux's?) high school scouting report from Cubs.

maddux1.jpg

maddux2.jpg

I love how baseball scouting reports are allowed to be so aesthetically judgemental without any fear of PC repercussions. This scout even mentions taking note of how Gregs father was built. Also, note he had 'poor control' in HS yet went on to be a strong GOAT candidate for pitching control.

• Like 1

You'll like this. And by like, I mean be filled with murderous rage.

http://www.kenstewar...el_blog/?p=4208

Dude is some random retired cartoonist who never wrote about baseball (he's not a writer) but apparently has an honorary vote, presumably because he gives really good head and/or is related to somebody.

His article comes across as parody, but is apparently real.

The whole Hall of Fame ecosystem is a cesspool of corruption, largely because Halls tend to have such an 'official' feel to them but are ultimately either privately owned or run by shitty little non-profits.

The Rock and Roll HOF is a classic example of an ABYSMAL inducuction process, with Wenner ultimately having veto power over everything.

Baseball HOF, you'd think that surely, it must be a property of Major League Baseball, right? No. It's run by crappy Cooperstown non-profit that has essentially no formal ties to the game, aside from being one of its most inconic institutions and profiting like a ************ from it.

Its weird that we now have GOATS and HOFers who were rookies in the late 80's/early 90s. You can get Maddux Rookie Cards for damn near nothing since they fall into that peak era of baseball card gross overproduction that lasted into the mid 90s when it all came crashing down.