Bonus Structure Info

Hello,The new bonus structure is horrible. I have to pay $2 in order to get $1 back??? On the ongame network, if you were a tight player playing full ring, you were earning more bonus back and without contributing so much. Horrible, I will be leaving full contact poker and joining americas card room. They are ongame and they still allow usa players.Have I mentioned how horrible this is. Daniel get a clue. cheersAl

Hello,The new bonus structure is horrible. I have to pay $2 in order to get $1 back??? On the ongame network, if you were a tight player playing full ring, you were earning more bonus back and without contributing so much. Horrible, I will be leaving full contact poker and joining americas card room. They are ongame and they still allow usa players.Have I mentioned how horrible this is. Daniel get a clue. cheersAl
Hi Al, yes and the players who play short handed and play a little loose will get more back. No bonus system can be the best for every player. This one is probably the fairest since everybody is getting the same ratio back of what they contribute. A tight full table player doesn't get more of the bonus pie then a short handed player does.
Hi Al, yes and the players who play short handed and play a little loose will get more back. No bonus system can be the best for every player. This one is probably the fairest since everybody is getting the same ratio back of what they contribute. A tight full table player doesn't get more of the bonus pie then a short handed player does.
Yes, but why do I want to play at a site with a worse bonus system than site X?? This is a step down I do believe. Enjoy.cheersAl
so, do you have to put money in the pot to be credited toward the bonus? if so, that just sucks.
Yeah, I have to say this is a step down for tight players. Maybe this will play out the same, but I doubt it. From my stats there seems to be a fair percentage of marginal hands where the bad players just trade money paying rake and luck just determines who wins (for example, two weak hands betting to the river, the less-weak kicker wins). I suspect that's where much of the rake comes from. I play way fewer hands than most people, but make a profit. From a provider point of view, I can see how this new structure is more fair, as it is directly related to rake paid by you, as opposed to rake paid by the table.The good news is, if you play SnGs (like I mostly do), it looks like the new bonus structure is much better. I should be able to clear around $50/month from SnGs, where before it was maybe 20.This is all rough estimates for me, ymmv.
do charter members get a better clearance rate like before? I'm guessing no, but its worth a shot...
so, do you have to put money in the pot to be credited toward the bonus? if so, that just sucks.
Yes. You have to contribute to the pot in order for it to count towards your bonus. If you fold and contribute nothing, and there is a big pot..you get nothing. This is better ?? I have already withdrawn my money and will not play here until the promotions are better. Right now I am playing on pokerstars which has the most people. Americas card room has cancelled USA players after January due to them switching networks. Most likely the same network FCP joined..arg.cheersAl

as a loose shorthanded player, i have no problem with the bonus system. however,i noticed that we no longer transfer bonus money to the poker account at our own leisure, so what does this mean concerning the expiration date? i would hate to see that i need to clear my bonus soon, considering it's larger than normal from receving multiple bonuses.

as a loose shorthanded player, i have no problem with the bonus system. however,i noticed that we no longer transfer bonus money to the poker account at our own leisure, so what does this mean concerning the expiration date? i would hate to see that i need to clear my bonus soon, considering it's larger than normal from receving multiple bonuses.
There is no expiration date on the bonus money in your cashier bonus account.
The good news is, if you play SnGs (like I mostly do), it looks like the new bonus structure is much better. I should be able to clear around $50/month from SnGs, where before it was maybe 20.This is all rough estimates for me, ymmv.
The old clearance system was you needed to earn 9 points to clear a dollar of bonus. Each dollar of fees contributed was worth 5 points. So you would have to pay $1.80 in entry to clear $1, as opposed to the new system where you have to pay $2. In other words, in the old system, you'd have to play 9 20+2 SnGs to clear $10, where now you have to play 10 (and they are 18+2 now :club: ).

OK, I thought this new bonus thing would be terrible for me in the cash games I play, but with what I consider minimal playing, I've already cleared over $9. The way I originally computed it in my head I thought I'd be at about $1 by now. Maybe I can clear my under this new system in a reasonable time, especially when we get enough players to run SnGs.

OK, I thought this new bonus thing would be terrible for me in the cash games I play, but with what I consider minimal playing, I've already cleared over $9. The way I originally computed it in my head I thought I'd be at about $1 by now. Maybe I can clear my under this new system in a reasonable time, especially when we get enough players to run SnGs.
For the average player this bonus system clears at about the same rate as before. Players who tend to play short handed will clear quicker and those who play only full table and are tight nits it will clear slower.Overall FCP will be paying out more bonus money with this system then the old one as player's bonus never expires and you get credit for your play within 24 hours ususally.The advantage for FCP is that the players who are acutally generating the rake are the ones who benefit while the players like the OP in this thread will no longer get more then their fair share of the bonus pie.
For the average player this bonus system clears at about the same rate as before. Players who tend to play short handed will clear quicker and those who play only full table and are tight nits it will clear slower.Overall FCP will be paying out more bonus money with this system then the old one as player's bonus never expires and you get credit for your play within 24 hours ususally.The advantage for FCP is that the players who are acutally generating the rake are the ones who benefit while the players like the OP in this thread will no longer get more then their fair share of the bonus pie.
I thought I'd be in the same boat as the OP and it would take me a lifetime. OP should play a while and see how fast it actually clears, even for a tight player at a full table. It's not bad at all. I play around 20% of hands at a full table, and it appears I'm clearing bonus at the rate of one or two BB/100 (Without PT it's hard to know how much I've played on the new software, so that's a rough estimate). It helps that the new network has lots of maniacs who will throw their whole stack in with middle pair, weak kicker -- a hand like that can build your total rake pretty quickly.

think of yourselves as employees of the site. if you splash pots, you make more money for FCP, you're a better employee, and you get compensated favorably in comparison to those that rarely put a dime into the pot. this also limits the "bonus whores" who appear solely to cash in on the bonuses.

The advantage for FCP is that the players who are acutally generating the rake are the ones who benefit while the players like the OP in this thread will no longer get more then their fair share of the bonus pie.
Spare me the marketing BS about how the bonus structure is "fair and equitable". It is gouging at best. Your site provides few players, fewer fish, no rakeback and horrible bonus structure and yet you profess how "fair" it is. I guess I am not alone in this perception or there would be thousands flocking to the new site.Furthermore, you know it sucks wind and that is why you hid any details about it until the last possible moment. On top of that the loyalty bonus was thought provoking. Stay with us with our crappy software/bonus/everything else/ and we will give you a crappier non expiring bonus.Site blows and if you do not fix it, you will be a ex poker manager bud.cheersAl
Spare me the marketing BS about how the bonus structure is "fair and equitable". It is gouging at best. Your site provides few players, fewer fish, no rakeback and horrible bonus structure and yet you profess how "fair" it is.
OH NOEZ, they arent giving you enough free money, whine, whine... I dont think it is fair that nits like you sit there and fold 97% of your hands and try to screw the bonus system that is just that, a bonus. They dont have to offer it period. Dont be a bonus whore and deal with it.
I guess I am not alone in this perception or there would be thousands flocking to the new site.
that, or it hasnt officially launched yet, hence BETA.
Furthermore, you know it sucks wind and that is why you hid any details about it until the last possible moment. On top of that the loyalty bonus was thought provoking. Stay with us with our crappy software/bonus/everything else/ and we will give you a crappier non expiring bonus.
true, the software in current state is bad, however the bonus wasnt.
Site blows and if you do not fix it, you will be a ex poker manager bud.cheersAl
Bob is one of the best support people in the business, hands down. Chances are he has been more sucessful at his job in one day than you have been sucessful in poker your entire life.RKIGS nominee?
OH NOEZ, they arent giving you enough free money, whine, whine...
not whining but giving a economic lesson. If site X gives more free money than site Y, then most people will play at site Y. Not a difficult concept to understand.
I dont think it is fair that nits like you sit there and fold 97% of your hands and try to screw the bonus system that is just that, a bonus.
First, you don't know what type of player I am. Second, if you cannot beat nits who fold 97% of the time, then you should find another game bud. Yes it is a bonus but again, why play a site that has a inferior bonus?? Do you get that concept??
They dont have to offer it period. Dont be a bonus whore and deal with it.
I and many others (lol) do not have to play here.
Bob is one of the best support people in the business, hands down. Chances are he has been more sucessful at his job in one day than you have been sucessful in poker your entire life.
Have you done a lot of drugs by chance? LOL>
RKIGS nominee?
SMFWOAC nominee?cheersAl
The funniest thing about this whole thread is that Pokers Stars has no bonuses whatsoever other than an initial sign up of $50; at least I have not heard of one.
Pokerstars has some soft games that more than make up for the lack of a bonus system. They are the biggest site now and it is all about table selection...at FCP you have 2 or 3 tables..lol...and a crappy bonus.cheersAl