Pretty Scary

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's messed up. It does bring up an interesting problem though...how would he go about bringing legal action against OnGame? They are based in Stockholm, Sweden, and the service that they offer to Americans is, at best, of questionable legality. I wonder if a lawyer in the US would even take the case. It would have to be a high-dollar lawyer that is well-versed in International, US and Swedish law to be effective. Even if he were to find a lawyer, the contract that all online gaming sites force players to acknowledge and agree to include a clause saying that the site (OnGame) has the final say in all disputes. I'm not sure how legal or actionable that clause is, but it has been in every agreement that I have seen on poker/gambling sites.

Since he copied some e-mails from FCP support I'm going to make sure that some issues are clear as relates to FCP.He opened an FCP account after his accounts at other On Game sites had been blocked. FCP then blocked his account which had no money in it as On Game doesn't want him playing on the Network.The issues involve his play at the other On Game site and not FCP.I just want to assure everybody that we'll always treat our players fairly and make sure that the Network does as well in any sort of security situation.

I wonder how it would work suing for "wages" because he was "out of work" for a month. I don't see how the courts could award him any because with gambling there is no sure thing of winning where as if I have a job and get paid and miss work because of it.

Personally, now that i'm dealing with someone colluding against me last night, and support on the site i play is looking into it, I think this guy got what he deserved.he had a bad history, he never copied and pasted the replies he sent when the owner started mentioning his "bad history", i wouldnt doubt if this guy made a nice profit colluding prior to this, and thinks, just cuz he doesnt do it anymore, everything s "cool"

Well you never really know what the other side of the story is. I'm a small money player so it will never affect me but this may cause the bigger money players to think twice about playing at FCP, there are just too many other places to play to take a chance.I hope you can share OnGames side of the story soon.

*IF* the guy was really colluding then I am actually glad to see that OnGame is doing something to combat against it.However, *IF* the guy is not colluding the scary thing here is that it appears there is nothing you can do about it if they freeze your account.This is the problem with all companies these days. If you ever have a problem you can never reach anyone that has decision making privileges or the knowlege to help you out. There is always 3 or 4 layers of people that "answer the phone" and that is it. The people that can help you are hiding behind layers of decoys and this is done intentionally. A lot of the time the people answering the phone don't even have the contact information the people above them, so they couldn't help you out even if they wanted to. It's pathetic.Have you ever tried to contact someone at revenue canada or student finance to settle a financial dispute? Ya, good luck with getting anyone on the phone to help you. I guess you could always go down to the head office right? nope, they don't have one... they only have a P.O. Box. This stuff has to stop IMO. Some govenment officials should really start passing some legislation to put a stop to junk like this.cheers,Rev

Personally, now that i'm dealing with someone colluding against me last night, and support on the site i play is looking into it, I think this guy got what he deserved.he had a bad history, he never copied and pasted the replies he sent when the owner started mentioning his "bad history", i wouldnt doubt if this guy made a nice profit colluding prior to this, and thinks, just cuz he doesnt do it anymore, everything s "cool"
I dont know Irishcurve personally but I can vouch for him being almost stricky a "hu guy".. dunno how much colluding there is in heads up ?If they where talking about dumping chips I would be more suspicious...The biggest problem is that they can just freeze an account for unspecified periodes of time and is still to produce any evidence at all..

Any interest in an OVER/UNDER bet as to how long FCP remains a partof the ongame network??I figure 18 months is about right, and personally, I'm hoping for the UNDER.Ongame seems to be very -EV, for a multitude of reasons.

Since he copied some e-mails from FCP support I'm going to make sure that some issues are clear as relates to FCP.He opened an FCP account after his accounts at other On Game sites had been blocked. FCP then blocked his account which had no money in it as On Game doesn't want him playing on the Network.The issues involve his play at the other On Game site and not FCP.I just want to assure everybody that we'll always treat our players fairly and make sure that the Network does as well in any sort of security situation.
Yes Bob.. I understood so much. I suspect he heard about the great support u guys (Fcp) offer..
I dont know Irishcurve personally but I can vouch for him being almost stricky a "hu guy".. dunno how much colluding there is in heads up ?If they where talking about dumping chips I would be more suspicious...The biggest problem is that they can just freeze an account for unspecified periodes of time and is still to produce any evidence at all..
Bad history!!!!so he plays HU now.. so what, how did he make his money?? he was obviously banned before for collusion.I dont want people with past histories on my table. I say ban him from every site
Does this mean if we lost money to him that we will get it back? What happens to the money that he won if Ongame only gives him his deposit back? Just wondering, because I have played him and probably lost money to him.
Bad history!!!!so he plays HU now.. so what, how did he make his money?? he was obviously banned before for collusion.I dont want people with past histories on my table. I say ban him from every site
Some one with a 2+2 account ask him what kind of bad history ?But it still dont changethe fact that Ongame should offer some proof of foul play in a reasonable time frame when they freeze an account
Some one with a 2+2 account ask him what kind of bad history ?But it still dont changethe fact that Ongame should offer some proof of foul play in a reasonable time frame when they freeze an account
that was probably me, should be at least.I just want to know why he posted some of his replies but not the ones to Adam, when adam asked him "can you give me your word that you have been co-opertaing since then etc.."

F*ck online poker. I'd only play to win a buy in to a bigger tourny. I'd never play for any real amounts of money. These offshore sites can do anything they want to you and there's nothing you can do about it. Online poker is -EV in a huge way. Not worth the risk to me. Online poker = RIGGED!!!

I wonder how it would work suing for "wages" because he was "out of work" for a month. I don't see how the courts could award him any because with gambling there is no sure thing of winning where as if I have a job and get paid and miss work because of it.
easy enough, he would be forced to pay $1500 for a freeroll for the players on these sites, because if he is stupid enough to post what he has, then he inevitably would be a loser in poker.
F*ck online poker. I'd only play to win a buy in to a bigger tourny. I'd never play for any real amounts of money. These offshore sites can do anything they want to you and there's nothing you can do about it. Online poker is -EV in a huge way. Not worth the risk to me. Online poker = RIGGED!!!
Online poker = RIGGED!!! = Losing Player
He should have had Aflac Insurance

One must wonder why he is playing on such an obscure skin in the first place. This story sounds very very fishy to say the least. Sounds to me like someone who cheats or has cheated and is reaping the consequences now. I personally am very happy the Ongame network does have a security check system in place. I had my account frozen recently because I live 6 months in Mexico and 6 months in Canada. They wanted to know why there was a discrepincy with my IP addresses. I provided the necessary information and my account was unblocked. Was I angry ? Not at all. What if someone had hacked my info and had tryed to log in from a different IP? It may be a different story if my account had stayed locked though LOL.The scary thing is though. We really dont have much recourse or power if we are screwed over. Only thing is post on forums etc... and as this guy is finding out then you become scrutinized. Shrug I could be mistaken completely and this dude has never cheated in his life. This is another reason Governments should legalize online poker and REGULATE IT.

Here's another "scary story" posted by a different person in the 2+2 thread..."i had a similar run in with poker room last and i'm still trying to get almost 70k from themI cashed for approx 33k in one of their big weekend tourneys. Practicing great bankroll management I instantly jumped into 10/20 NL. After running insanely good (up to 70k) I decided to cash out because I knew I was in over my head and just running crazy good. Requested cashout to neteller, denied. They said it was too much and I had to request a check. Requested a check, came a month later, tried to deposit it and it bounced. Reissued another check which also bounced. Now we're about 3 months after I requested the cash out and all of a sudden I'm under suspicion for collusion (same thing with two names who I have never been at the same tables with because I have all my hand history saved from all the hands I played and their names aren't present in either). Months of emailing support it's gotten to the point where now they just ignore me instead of giving me canned replies. I've looked into legal actions but of the two people I tried neither wanted to take the case and I don't see why I should have to front legal fees to get the money I earned.Cliffnotes: Won big tourney on Pokerroom, run it up to a lot with bad bankroll management, checks bounced, account closed, no money"

Here's another "scary story" posted by a different person in the 2+2 thread..."i had a similar run in with poker room last and i'm still trying to get almost 70k from themI cashed for approx 33k in one of their big weekend tourneys. Practicing great bankroll management I instantly jumped into 10/20 NL. After running insanely good (up to 70k) I decided to cash out because I knew I was in over my head and just running crazy good. Requested cashout to neteller, denied. They said it was too much and I had to request a check. Requested a check, came a month later, tried to deposit it and it bounced. Reissued another check which also bounced. Now we're about 3 months after I requested the cash out and all of a sudden I'm under suspicion for collusion (same thing with two names who I have never been at the same tables with because I have all my hand history saved from all the hands I played and their names aren't present in either). Months of emailing support it's gotten to the point where now they just ignore me instead of giving me canned replies. I've looked into legal actions but of the two people I tried neither wanted to take the case and I don't see why I should have to front legal fees to get the money I earned.Cliffnotes: Won big tourney on Pokerroom, run it up to a lot with bad bankroll management, checks bounced, account closed, no money"
or he went broke, but instead he is claiming they took all his money
those guys on 2+2 are under the impression it happened on FCP...someone with a 2+2 account make a post letting them know it wasnt on FCP.
FCP = Ongame. Ongame = $hitty.Therefore FCP (unfortunately) = $hitty.

Announcements