Seriously. Stars. Hu League.

See title. No reason to not resurrect this. Bob are you a pokerstars employee now? I know you've got connections at least and this is something DN ranted and raved about how awesome it was for months.

See title. No reason to not resurrect this. Bob are you a pokerstars employee now? I know you've got connections at least and this is something DN ranted and raved about how awesome it was for months.
Hi Cowboy, No, I'm not a Poker Stars employee and I don't even play one on T.V.If the league is going to run again we shouldn't expect that Poker Stars will dedicate either the extra prizes or the manpower to help it the way things were at the FCP cardroom. The reality is that the league used a lot of resources for the benefit of not that many people.Daniel was the driving force behind the league and with the WSOP and his crazy busy schedule over the last little while issues like the heads up league haven't been discussed.Please be patient as we are still working on a lot of things behind the scenes and getting the new FCP where we want it to be.
No, I'm not a Poker Stars employee and I don't even play one on T.V. But I saw you checking in at that Holiday Inn Express last night. That blonde was your wife right?If the league is going to run again we shouldn't expect that Poker Stars will dedicate either the extra prizes or the manpower to help it the way things were at the FCP cardroom. The reality is that the league used a lot of resources for the benefit of not that many people.Daniel was the driving force behind the league and with the WSOP and his crazy busy schedule over the last little while issues like the heads up league haven't been discussed.Please be patient as we are still working on a lot of things behind the scenes and getting the new FCP where we want it to be.
I don't think any of the previous participants "expect" anything from Poker Stars. Maybe we were spoiled at FCP and your awesome support. I think the league was for pride/a little trash talking, win a little $$$ and hear some good Ballon Guy stories. It is understandable that DN has a crazy schedule.Each team probably has someone that can setup a private tourney on Stars. I think all we need is a commisioner with Sleuthis or Dna like skills to volunteer and we can get started. It would be a blast to get this going with the upcoming NFL season.Any thoughts?
Each team probably has someone that can setup a private tourney on Stars. I think all we need is a commisioner with Sleuthis or Dna like skills to volunteer and we can get started. Any thoughts?
hi</chrozzo>
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe checkymcfold talked about organizing this but the big issue is set-up. Stars doesn't have private tourney option for HU.

I believe checkymcfold talked about organizing this but the big issue is set-up. Stars doesn't have private tourney option for HU.
actually it does, if you check the "heads up matches" box in the private tournament setup thingy, it drops the minimum players to 2, allowing you to play a private heads up SNG.
actually it does, if you check the "heads up matches" box in the private tournament setup thingy, it drops the minimum players to 2, allowing you to play a private heads up SNG.
woah woah woah...and how do you set up a private tournament? it's not in any of the tab options.
woah woah woah...and how do you set up a private tournament? it's not in any of the tab options.
You need have accumulated a certain level of FPPs (think it's either 2,000 or 4,000 now). After you hit that limit, you can email Stars customer support and they will add the option onto your menu.
You need have accumulated a certain level of FPPs (think it's either 2,000 or 4,000 now). After you hit that limit, you can email Stars customer support and they will add the option onto your menu.
thanks, took care of it and now I have private tourney options. still kind've sucks though with the minimum of an hour set-up time (and they recommend the day before).definitely no private cash games though...doah!

Ok, so now that you have the ability to set up matches... what kind of schedule and what kind of buy-in?

Ok, so now that you have the ability to set up matches... what kind of schedule and what kind of buy-in?
in case u didn't see in general, Doinsublime is setting up a 32-player field.
in case u didn't see in general, Doinsublime is setting up a 32-player field.
Thanks.I saw it after I had posted in here. (I might have posted this like RIGHT before he posted that, either way, it's all good)