Happy Birthday Barack

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's his 'declared' birthday today.We can't really be sure though.Hope your daughters don't get you anything either
Beat me to it. We don't know for certain that he's any more of an American citizen than his brother living in a hutin Africa. Much less that it's actually his birthday.2 1/2 years to go regards,
Beat me to it. We don't know for certain that he's any more of an American citizen than his brother living in a hutin Africa. Much less that it's actually his birthday.2 1/2 years to go regards,
Well now I know for certain that you are a moron. So something good has come from this.I cannot wait to watch all you guys piss and moan when Barack wins a 2nd term with ease. GOP has no one to throw at him.
Well now I know for certain that you are a moron. So something good has come from this.I cannot wait to watch all you guys piss and moan when Barack wins a 2nd term with ease. GOP has no one to throw at him.
If Linda says he's a citizen that's good enough for me but if he gets his way this country will be in such bad shape in two years that the Republicans could run a convicted child molester that looks like the elephant man and win.

You act as if the country was riding a high point when he came into office and now it is falling to the ground. Welcome to how the bleeding heart liberals felt the previous EIGHT YEARS that helped (not saying 100% at fault but played a large part there big guy) put this country in the state it is now. Can't believe I foolishly voted for that monkey cowboy.

If Linda says he's a citizen that's good enough for me but if he gets his way this country will be in such bad shape in two years that the Republicans could run a convicted child molester that looks like the elephant man and win.
The GOP will pick up enough seats in November that they wont be able to play the outsider card going into 2012 and it will be 1994-1996 all over again.And just because Basil Marceaux looks like the elephant man does not make him a kiddie toucher.
The GOP will pick up enough seats in November that they wont be able to play the outsider card going into 2012 and it will be 1994-1996 all over again.And just because www.basilmarceaux.com looks like the elephant man does not make him a kiddie toucher.
FYP
Not saying he won't win a second term, but they threw "no one" at him a couple of years ago in the most "favorable" conditions imaginable with a biased media ignoring the actual issues and he still trailed a couple of weeks prior to the election. Jimmy Carter could have come out of retirement and still won better than 52:48 two years ago.
We don't know for certain that he's any more of an American citizen than his brother living in a hutin Africa. Much less that it's actually his birthday.
i mean come on. you cannot seriously be this stupid.
WHY, IT MAKES HIM NORMAL! as;js;fjasdjsd;j;sdfjasfj.Washington (CNN) - It's surely not what the leader of the free world wants for his birthday. But, for a stubborn group of Americans, conspiracy theories about President Obama's birthplace are the gifts that keep on giving.The president celebrates his 49th birthday Wednesday. On the same day, a new national poll indicates some Americans continue to doubt the president was born in the United States. According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey, more than a quarter of the public have doubts about Obama's citizenship, with 11 percent saying Obama was definitely not born in the United States and another 16 percent saying the president was probably not born in the country. Full results [pdf]Forty-two percent of those questioned say they have absolutely no doubts that the president was born in the U.S., while 29-percent say he "probably" was."Not surprisingly, there are big partisan differences, although a majority of Republicans thinks Obama was definitely or probably born here," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Eighty-five percent of Democrats say that Obama was definitely or probably born in the U.S., compared to 68 percent of independents and 57 percent of Republicans. Twenty-seven percent of Republicans say he was probably not born here, and another 14 percent of Republicans say he was definitely not born in the U.S."The theory that the president was not born in the U.S. has nagged him since the 2008 presidential campaign. A group of true believers, known as "Birthers," have pressed the idea that Obama was born in another country - some say in his father's homeland of Kenya. By their claims, Obama is constitutionally ineligible to serve as president.On the president's birthday, some websites bent on advancing the theory are wishing Obama a "Happy Birther Day." And some of the president's staunchest critics are fanning the flames.On Tuesday, conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh quipped on his program, "They tell us August 4th is the birthday. We haven't seen any proof of that!"Yet there is ample evidence that defies Limbaugh's statement and the beliefs of the 27-percent of Americans that, according to the poll, doubt the president's birthplace. CNN and other news organizations have thoroughly debunked the rumors.Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate - officially called a "certificate of live birth." And in 1961 the hospital where the president was born placed announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers regarding Obama's birth.The White House has called doubts that Obama was born in Hawaii "fictional nonsense."But questions persist. So much that in May, Hawaii passed a law that allows state agencies to ignore repeated requests to view government records, including the president's birth document. Hawaii's Republican Gov. Linda Lingle signed the legislation into law.Around that time, Lingle - who campaigned for Sen. John McCain and Sarah Palin in 2008 - criticized questions about the president's birth.In a WABC interview before signing the legislation, Lingle said, "...I had my health director, who is a physician by background, go personally view the birth certificate in the birth records of the Department of Health." Lingle added, " … The president was in fact born at Kapi'olani Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii. And that's just a fact.""It's been established he was born here," the governor continued. "I can understand why people want to make certain that the constitutional requirement of being a, you know, natural born American citizen … but the question has been asked and answered. And I think just we should all move on now."The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted July 16-21, with 1,018 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.
Not saying he won't win a second term, but they threw "no one" at him a couple of years ago in the most "favorable" conditions imaginable with a biased media ignoring the actual issues and he still trailed a couple of weeks prior to the election. Jimmy Carter could have come out of retirement and still won better than 52:48 two years ago.
I'm not sure John McCain can be considered a "no one". He had a very high public profile for a long time before the election.
Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate - officially called a "certificate of live birth." And in 1961 the hospital where the president was born placed announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers regarding Obama's birth.
Just quoted to people who aren't capable of reading a long article can read the important part. It's amazing what people will believe when they want to think the worst of someone.
Strange. I figured out you were a douche a long time ago.
You act as if the country was riding a high point when he came into office and now it is falling to the ground. Welcome to how the bleeding heart liberals felt the previous EIGHT YEARS that helped (not saying 100% at fault but played a large part there big guy) put this country in the state it is now. Can't believe I foolishly voted for that monkey cowboy.
Ignorance is bliss as they say. I suppose you haven't noticed the unemployment figures, massive increase in debt, $800 BILLION that went to "strengthen the economy and create jobs" that has done neither etc...It's been 18 + months. When does this mess become Obama's? How long can Bush be blamed? NOTHING Obama has done has helped to turn around the economy. In fact, it's become worse while he's been in office.
The GOP will pick up enough seats in November that they wont be able to play the outsider card going into 2012 and it will be 1994-1996 all over again.And just because Basil Marceaux looks like the elephant man does not make him a kiddie toucher.
Hope and change, counselor, hope and change.
STFU if you really thought I was serious. It's just incredibly fun to push all your liberal buttons.
I'm not sure John McCain can be considered a "no one". He had a very high public profile for a long time before the election.Just quoted to people who aren't capable of reading a long article can read the important part. It's amazing what people will believe when they want to think the worst of someone.
John McCain is was about as republican/conservative as Obama is. He was a horrid choice for the party, the republicans lost the election the day he was nominated.
I'm not sure John McCain can be considered a "no one". He had a very high public profile for a long time before the election.
I'm not even that much of a "Party Supporter" and still had to hold my nose while I voted for him.
...When does this mess become Obama's?
Sort of like how the Oil Spill fixed itself through mostly natural means, eventually despite Obama's best efforts to keep it from healing, the Economy is bound to improve at least marginally at some point and he can then claim victory.
Sort of like how the Oil Spill fixed itself through mostly natural means, eventually despite Obama's best efforts to keep it from healing.
i'd like to hear more about this.
i'd like to hear more about this.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Looking-for-...set=&ccode=
WASHINGTON (AP) -- With a startling report that some researchers call more spin than science, the government said Wednesday that the mess made by the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is mostly gone already.On the same day they trumpeted success in plugging up the leaking well with drilling mud, federal officials announced that nearly 70 percent of the oil spilled dissolved naturally, or was burned, skimmed, dispersed or captured, with almost nothing left to see -- at least on top of the water.The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the U.S. Geological Survey announced in the five-page report that only 52.7 million gallons of oil are left in the Gulf. That is about 31 percent of the 172 million gallons that spewed into the water from the broken BP well.Just because the oil is out of sight doesn't mean the Gulf is out of harm's way, federal scientists emphasized. And what's left in the water is still almost five times the amount spilled by the Exxon Valdez in 1989.Nevertheless, Wednesday was a day of cautious celebration by a White House that has had little to cheer about from the oil spill."I think it is fairly safe to say ... that many of the doomsday scenarios that we talked about and repeated a lot have not and will not come to fruition," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said at a briefing with NOAA's top scientist.Much of the reasoning behind the disappearing oil has to do with the natural resilience of the Gulf, which is teeming with microbes that eat oil. On top of that is the natural tendency of oil in seawater to evaporate and dissolve to half its volume in about a week -- something even critics acknowledge.The federal calculations are based on direct measurements for only 18 million gallons of the oil spilled -- the stuff burned and skimmed. The other numbers are "educated scientific guesses," said NOAA emergency response senior scientist Bill Lehr, an author of the report. That is because it is impossible to measure oil that is dispersed, he said.That's what worries some outside scientists."This is a shaky report. The more I read it, the less satisfied I am with the thoroughness of the presentation," Florida State University oceanography professor Ian MacDonald told The Associated Press. "There are sweeping assumptions here."NOAA chief Jane Lubchenco acknowledged the numbers could be off by as much as 10 percent. One of the scientists who peer-reviewed the work and is mentioned in the report, Ed Overton of Louisiana State University, said he wasn't comfortable with NOAA's putting precise percentages of how much oil is left in the Gulf. What would be more accurate would be a much broader range of, say, 40 million to 60 million gallons, he said.Still, Overton thought the report was mostly good work. He said the Gulf itself deserves much of the credit, describing the body of water in two words: "incredibly resilient."The White House claimed only 26 percent of the oil remained in the Gulf, but that was based on a 206-million-gallon figure for the spill that included oil that spewed from the pipe but was captured by BP and never got into the Gulf. Using the 172 million gallons that got into the Gulf, 31 percent of the oil remains.So what happened to the oil?Thank nature more than the federal government. Burning, skimming and chemically dispersing the spill got rid of 35 million gallons of oil, while natural processes of dispersion, evaporation and dissolving got rid of 84 million gallons, according to the report."Mother Nature is assisting here considerably," Lubchenco said. She cautioned that the oil that's left can harm wildlife for years or even decades to come, saying: "Diluted and out of sight doesn't necessarily mean benign."Still, outside scientists said this was a just too-simple explanation for a complex oil that has confounded federal scientists at every turn."This is just way too neat," said Larry McKinney, director of the Texas A&M University research center on the Gulf of Mexico. "How can you even do this at this point? There's a lot of oil still floating out there."McKinney said he most worried that this overly optimistic assessment would cost the government -- and save BP -- billions of dollars in the damage assessment process. McKinney, who has served as a state of Texas trustee in the process, said, "BP attorneys are placing this in plastic and putting this in frames."White House energy adviser Carol Browner said, "We are going to continue to ensure BP is held accountable for damage they did."MacDonald said the core of the idea here -- that oil in water essentially has about a half-life of a week -- makes sense, but what happened from there doesn't."There's some science here, but mostly, it's spin," he said. "And it breaks my heart to see them do it."MacDonald pointed out that NOAA spent weeks sticking with its claim the BP well was spewing only 210,000 gallons a day. Now, after several revisions, the federal government said it really was 2.2 million gallons a day. So he has a hard time believing NOAA this time, he said.When Lubchenco was asked about that at the Washington news conference, Gibbs stepped in to defend the agency's credibility. Gibbs and Lubchenco said NOAA provided the best information at the time and updated estimates when it had better data and tools."Is there uncertainty to this? Of course there is," said NOAA's Lehr. But he said there was no political interference.That question got raised because of the coordination of the media rollout of the report. Browner was on all four morning TV shows saying "the vast majority of oil is gone," and the report was leaked to The New York Times. The version of the report sent to Congress was created by a former campaign spokesman for President Barack Obama who is now the Commerce Department's public affairs chief.The scientific report, which has four pages of text followed by one page of credits, is small compared to other similar reports. Initially, NOAA said there was a fuller, 200-page report, but then retracted that. There is a second report that is 10 pages. The initial report cites no scientific references -- those, Lehr said, are in his head.
Pretty sure he was asking about the other part of that post.
yes of course. and that article had nothing to say about President Obama's best efforts to ruin the world one oil spill at a time.
John McCain is was about as republican/conservative as Obama is. He was a horrid choice for the party, the republicans lost the election the day he was nominated.
nah, the republicans pretty much lost everything as a direct result of the economy. the timing of it could not have been more lethal for them.
Pretty sure he was asking about the other part of that post.
Pretty sure he cut off my post at the comma to misinterpret it on purpose.
yes of course. and that article had nothing to say about President Obama's best efforts to ruin the world one oil spill at a time.
...well I thought it was on purpose
this
lol, who else were you going to run? The only real conservative was Mike Huckabee and he would have lost Walter Mondale style. Fred Thompson? 9/11-iani? Come on. You are making my point for me....the GOP does not have any viable prez candidates right now. Plus, the Dems can always run Hillary in 2016 if they feel like it.The sensible choice is Romney.....which would be like picking McCain all over again.
You act as if Bush didn't inherit a country in recession and then had 9/11. Look I'm no big fan of Bush but Allgore would have been a huge disaster and we would have had this economy 8 years ago.
The GOP will pick up enough seats in November that they wont be able to play the outsider card going into 2012 and it will be 1994-1996 all over again.
Except that the economy was in 10,000 times better shape than it was in 94-96 and Bush had a war victory (at the time) to hang his hat on.
I'm not sure John McCain can be considered a "no one". He had a very high public profile for a long time before the election
And was disliked by conservatives as much almost as much as Obama.