Hello,PokerStars has become aware of a group of players who were working together in our Double or Nothing (DONs) tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. Those players have now been barred from PokerStars.In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit.The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.Kind Regards,PokerStars Game Security

got that email today.. bink!
Here's what Michael J of Stars security dept posted over at 4 about the Chinese DON colluders and the refunds.
Let us provide an update on this situation. There are a number of issues to address Total Compensation PoolPokerStars is currently in the process of making credits as discussed earlier in this thread. While we recognise that the colluders in question did not collude in all of their games (particularly the early tournaments that they played together), PokerStars will provide compensation on the basis of every tournament that two or more of the colluders played in.To confirm the various numbers involved:-Later today, PokerStars will issue credits totalling $1.53million, in addition to the previous credits of $587k, for a total of $2.1million. The calculations and the rationale for arriving at this amount was described in our previous posts.-A total of $84k was confiscated from these players, so PokerStars will have contributed over $2million in compensation above this amount. We added this very significant amount as a good will in recognition of mistakes that were made in dealing with this case. We do not see this as a precedent. Compensation DistributionPokerStars has listened to the feedback from players about how best to distribute compensation after we provided the credits on 28 June. Consequently, we will distribute this compensation pool using a different method.Firstly, we will refund the rake paid by each legitimate player from an event in which two or more colluders participated. Then, with the remaining funds, we will use will be the method posted by ‘Rainman77’ and using the ROIs of the colluders in each game.The entirety of these funds will be paid to players. However, for players who would have received a credit of under $3, PokerStars will use that money to increase the credits received by other players. This decision was made as the compensation pool created by PokerStars was very large and as such we considered that it would be fairer and more practical to increase those credits to players far more likely to have been affected. All players that receive a credit as a result of this latest distribution will receive an email advising them of this.VIP StatusPokerStars has listened to the feedback from players about the possible impact of this activity on their VIP Status. Because different players were harmed in different ways, if you believe your VIP Status was harmed, please email gamesecurity@pokerstars.com so we can review your individual circumstance.Delays in the resolutionPokerStars regrets the delays in the resolution of this compensation. It is our usual practice to pay compensation immediately after we come to a final adjudication of a collusion investigation. This case was delayed by the complex nature of it, and the large amount of money at stake.Future Process ImprovementsPokerStars has identified a variety of internal procedures that were not followed correctly here, and other processes that we believe can be improved. We are taking appropriate action to reduce the chances of a repetition of this situation.Forthcoming Software Upgrades PokerStars already operates a system that prevents certain closely related players from playing together in the same Sit & Go Tournament (with 45 or less players) or cash game. However, PokerStars will shortly be upgrading this system able to prevent players with certain demographics from playing together in certain events.PokerStars recognises that we can improve our performance here, and we will continue looking for ways to improve our services. If players want to provide further feedback or ideas, please email gamesecurity@pokerstars.com anytime.Sincerely,Michael JPokerStars Game Security Team
For as long as I can remember, PS support has been really really good. Always impressed by their responses.
^This. I have been fairly impressed with the way PokerStars handles any "Sticky" situations.

I know for a fact i played against some of those players in ring games. Wonder if PS will do anything for that but prolly not.

My girlfriend plays 1.10 double or nothing sit and gos on occasion, today she read her email and saw that she had been credited $10.44. Pretty amazing that they even cheat at the $1 level.

I got this I was playing a $5.50 SNGHello,PokerStars has become aware of players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. Fortunately the problem was identified quickly and they had only played in a few tournaments before the accounts were closed.In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit.I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.Best regards,MathewPokerStars Game Security

My girlfriend plays 1.10 double or nothing sit and gos on occasion, today she read her email and saw that she had been credited $10.44. Pretty amazing that they even cheat at the $1 level.
I didn't have $10.44 credited to my account, nor did I receive an e-mail.