Whatever Happened To.....

For those that dont know Brian Fiddler and Anthony Mak are the Protege's.....Fiddler had a very nice 6 figure cash and I think Anthony Mak was seen playing the play money games at Pokerstars last time we heard of him..I think we should have another Protoge competition....On a much smaller scale..Bob can stake the Protege in a $4.40 :club:

Protege 1 and Protege 2???
See this post for an answer.
Was he though?
to be honest i don't remember, all i remember about him was his "NL strategy" and being really annoyed that i thought it was a terrible i recall having a bunch of his fan boys jumping on my nuts for calling it out.

2 years ago I ran into Brian at Bills Gamblin' Hall. He was dealing cards then and had helped in getting some sort of poker going at this property. He was polite but seemed a little standoffish about any conversation dealing with Daniel and FCP. Said he was "going in a new direction". No idea what that meant but whatever. Brian was a real nice guy. I think he since may have moved back to the East coast with his wife. I still see him post on Kristy Arnett and Daniels Facebook once in a great while.Anthony Mac. I had a conversation with him the year he won. We were in a cab and the gist of the conversation was that he was thrilled to win the Protoge but was not sure at all that he would ever play poker for a living. I got the impression that when it was all said and done that he was grateful but also that he was not very enamored with the whole "going pro" idea. He inferred that he was ready to do other things after the WSOP that year.

2 years ago I ran into Brian at Bills Gamblin' Hall. He was dealing cards then and had helped in getting some sort of poker going at this property. He was polite but seemed a little standoffish about any conversation dealing with Daniel and FCP. Said he was "going in a new direction". No idea what that meant but whatever. Brian was a real nice guy. I think he since may have moved back to the East coast with his wife. I still see him post on Kristy Arnett and Daniels Facebook once in a great while.Anthony Mac. I had a conversation with him the year he won. We were in a cab and the gist of the conversation was that he was thrilled to win the Protoge but was not sure at all that he would ever play poker for a living. I got the impression that when it was all said and done that he was grateful but also that he was not very enamored with the whole "going pro" idea. He inferred that he was ready to do other things after the WSOP that year.
It would of been interesting it see what Naked Cowboy would of done with that opportunity. He still wants it 4 years after the date.
to be honest i don't remember, all i remember about him was his "NL strategy" and being really annoyed that i thought it was a terrible i recall having a bunch of his fan boys jumping on my nuts for calling it out.
the joke was people not knowing was sarcasm and hyperbole is. it did work in the games back then though.
It would of been interesting it see what Naked Cowboy would of done with that opportunity. He still wants it 4 years after the date.
*world's largest sigh*I actually played with amak at the bellagio during the series. He said worked in insurance in canada after he graduated for a while, then quit because he didn't like his job a few weeks ago with no plans or ideas of what to do next. He was in vegas on vacation. Also, he called a 4bet PF with QQ and flopped a set to my AA, except I didn't stack off this time because he has the same eyebrow and posture tells from 3 years ago :club: I saw him short stacking 5-10 the last day I was there.I don't know what I would have done had I gotten the protege results-wise because tournament variance is a bitch, but I know I would have put more effort into it than the winner. At the very least I would have pressured DN to get more time in than he did before my tenure was over. In the protege 2 aftermath, there was very little interest on either side in making something big happen with neither really knowing where to start. Anthony is a really nice guy but pretty shy and not really interested in playing poker for a living. Daniel was stuck with someone who had a lot of work to do even in the fundmentals and had very little ongoing motivation with the poker room basically defunct halfway through the protege's tenure.As for the other guys who played, I know andre still plays casually, and I know the bergren brothers are both stll playingat least semi-professionally. I see Sol out at the WSOP every year. He's much more clean cut now. I still would like to play full time, but there's no rush to jump into it until online poker gets regulated in the US or live poker gets regulated in texas. I'm happy now to just grind out a nice little second income and put that money away in savings for when/if it gets regulated.