Two players pre-flop go all-in. Player in sb is short stacked and has QJ suited. He's the one who went all in. Player on the button calls the all-in with AKo. Jack falls on the flop and holds up to win the hand. Player on the button says "nice suckout!". I suggested that you couldn't really call it a suckout. Even though he was ahead at the end of the day it's just two players with live cards and the hand that was behind pre-flop catching. So my question is: is any win when you start behind in the hand considered a suckout. I always thought a suckout refered to someone on the draw beating a player with a made hand. Thoughts?Bear

Two players pre-flop go all-in. Player in sb is short stacked and has QJ suited. He's the one who went all in. Player on the button calls the all-in with AKo. Jack falls on the flop and holds up to win the hand. Player on the button says "nice suckout!". I suggested that you couldn't really call it a suckout. Even though he was ahead at the end of the day it's just two players with live cards and the hand that was behind pre-flop catching. So my question is: is any win when you start behind in the hand considered a suckout. I always thought a suckout refered to someone on the draw beating a player with a made hand. Thoughts?Bear
I am not sure if there is an actual rule in place but IMO I feel any 3 outter that hits or less. Other than that it does not matter.
The QJ hand was behind pre-flop and was on a draw.

Both hands are on a draw, althought the AK is favoured. To call that a suckout isn't truly accurate. Here is a reverse suckout: me hitting a flush to top someone's set , and then he pairs the board to make a boat.BTW, OP, did you know your avatar is a man?

IMO that is not a suck out. Both hands are drawing hands and it just so happened that the underdog hand won. Maybe the AKo should not have called the all-in bet in the first place???
Both hands are on a draw, althought the AK is favoured. To call that a suckout isn't truly accurate. Here is a reverse suckout: me hitting a flush to top someone's set , and then he pairs the board to make a boat.BTW, OP, did you know your avatar is a man?
It's not a man, it is Aria Giovani. Google her name and enjoy.Bear.PS. I recognized that they are both drawing hands. But thanks to all for making that clear.

Aria Giovanni is a goddess..... chi-chi's are au natural. She's one of my faves, along with Jaime Hammer. Anetta Keys too. Veronika Zemanova......

IMO that is not a suck out. Both hands are drawing hands and it just so happened that the underdog hand won. Maybe the AKo should not have called the all-in bet in the first place???
No probably a good call. SB was short staked.Yes, it's a suck out.Nothing crazy but he was behind WHEN ALL THE MONEY WENT IN.