Good Way To Get A Home Game Going?

I don't need rules/regs advice, but in general, I'd like to get one going..I have a supernice table and chip set that has been put to little use.I'm thinking something like a .50-1 $100 max NL game once a week; would prefer chill 20- and 30- somethings to dirty old men. Any ideas about how to promote the idea in a way that would get people coming in enough numbers and consistently? I was going to post this in Home games but that forum gets no action; move mods if you must.

I don't need rules/regs advice, but in general, I'd like to get one going..I have a supernice table and chip set that has been put to little use.I'm thinking something like a .50-1 $100 max NL game once a week; would prefer chill 20- and 30- somethings to dirty old men. Any ideas about how to promote the idea in a way that would get people coming in enough numbers and consistently? I was going to post this in Home games but that forum gets no action; move mods if you must.
You may start by posting something in the POKER HOME GAME forum section ....http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...hp?showforum=25There are also some websites out there that have home game listings and stuff, but meh Caveat Emptor
I agree with this. Blackjack is a crowd pleaser and will also help you cover any incidental costs.
I could be wrong...but I don't think he was talking about blackjack.

If you have it every week on the same night it won't take long. I am assuming you have some poker friends? They will invite thier friends and so on. I started out with 4 friends playing every wednesday and last night we had 14 people show up. I am going to have to get a second table for god sakes.They key is to have it every week on the same night consistantly

If you have it every week on the same night it won't take long. I am assuming you have some poker friends? They will invite thier friends and so on. I started out with 4 friends playing every wednesday and last night we had 14 people show up. I am going to have to get a second table for god sakes.They key is to have it every week on the same night consistantly
I thought about that but having more than 10 as$holes in my home a few nights a week is too much for my delicate sensibilities.

If you can get a few of these girls to serve beers and appetizers...I'm sure you'd attract a crowd.hootersgirls.jpg

I thought about that but having more than 10 as$holes in my home a few nights a week is too much for my delicate sensibilities.
O I have banned some *** clowns. The ones that don't service me in the bathroom mostly, like you said BJ's go a long way.
Try making a few friends in real life, not just online. Then give 'em a call to invite 'em over.
I had to laugh, but that is the truth. I'm 39 years old and don't mean to sound preachy (BUT)...some of you younger guys need to get off your dead asses and socialize like REAL human beings. This 'being-on-the-freaking-computer every waking non-working moment' is total horse$hit. Get a REAL life...and they will come.
I had to laugh, but that is the truth. I'm 39 years old and don't mean to sound preachy (BUT)...some of you younger guys need to get off your dead asses and socialize like REAL human beings. This 'being-on-the-freaking-computer every waking non-working moment' is total horse$hit. Get a REAL life...and they will come.
If you offer BJs. :club:

Yeah, it used to be you had to be a real hottie to work there. Now any bimbo with a set can get a foot in the door. What is this world coming to? :club:

Yeah, it used to be you had to be a real hottie to work there. Now any bimbo with a set can get a foot in the door. What is this world coming to? :club:
I've seen some where a "set" wasn't even a qualification. I didn't understand what was going on.
Donk, check this site out. You will not be dissappointed. This will keep you organized and help you spread the word.www.homepokertour.comNot spam. I have nothing to do with the site. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I put an ad on HomePokerGames.com (I think it was) and we've got 3 so far joining us from there.

Yeah I mean hahahaa that's really funny. Are you saying anybody under 39 that plays poker must be a computer geek with no real friends? Nice. Unfortunately, my interest in the game has surpassed most of my friends, so there are only 3-4 guys I know of in town that will play cash NL at any resemblence of good stakes. I repeatedly try to get these guys to sit down and play a particular night consistently, but they complain about "taking their friends' money" and wont' do it, although that's what it'll take to get a good game going. I may try out homepokergames.com but I don't want to freak out my roommates into thinking i'm running a cardroom. Must be nice having only poker friends, Orzy. I'll stick with being friends who like to do things like hike, play soccer, socialize with women, etc. along with playing cards.
Yeah I mean hahahaa that's really funny. Are you saying anybody under 39 that plays poker must be a computer geek with no real friends? Nice. Unfortunately, my interest in the game has surpassed most of my friends, so there are only 3-4 guys I know of in town that will play cash NL at any resemblence of good stakes. I repeatedly try to get these guys to sit down and play a particular night consistently, but they complain about "taking their friends' money" and wont' do it, although that's what it'll take to get a good game going. I may try out homepokergames.com but I don't want to freak out my roommates into thinking i'm running a cardroom. Must be nice having only poker friends, Orzy. I'll stick with being friends who like to do things like hike, play soccer, socialize with women, etc. along with playing cards.
do not confuse my recommendation (www.homepokertour.com) with www.homepokergames.com. Try mine. You will like it.also check out my sig. You might consider this as well.

Keep it the same night every week, and pick one that you think is best for the majority of people. The game I've been running has been on Tuesday nights, which is usually a good night for everyone. It started as just 8-10 of us in a garage playing on crappy table tops, and after a while, they would tell their friends who told their friends, and before I knew it, I started getting 35-40 people/week who came out to play. Allowing drinking/smoking is always a plus. Have a TV somewhere that will play that weeks "big game" (not poker, but baseball/basketball, etc..) and if nothings on, have a nice stereo nearby for some background music. Having some of these makes it a little more laid back and a reason for people to return so they can both play poker and have a fun time as well.(If you have a wife/girlfriend, make her cook food, it's also a plus)