Gsn High Stakes Bankroll ?

Does anyone know if the players that played in the GSN High Stakes cash game "REALLY" put up their own money to play in that game? Or are they funded by GSN, sponsors, and or advertisers etc. with funny money, for lack of a better word, to use and play with @ the table. I'd like to know if they are playing with their own "real" bankroll or not. It certainly appears that they are. If anyone has insight I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

They're playing with their own money and are definitely not staked by GSN. Whether they're staked by other players or people "investing" in them is another story, but it's all real money. Most if not all the people on that show are playing with their own bankroll. A lot of those guys play in the "Big Game" at the Bellagio with stakes of $4000-$8000 and NL w/ a $100,000 cap so the GSN stakes are not out of the ordinary for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure from previous posts that all the players were paid $1000/hour to be on television.But the bulk of the money was theie own or staked.

Someone asked this question earlier, and Daniel (I think) mentioned that generally everyone was playing with their own money. He also said it wasn't abnormal for players to be sitting with just about their entire bankroll on the table either.

• 2 weeks later...

Their whole bankroll? Maybe amateurs like Amir Nasseri and Chamanara were playing with their "bankrolls" but I doubt $100,000 breaks any of the players from either season so far. The most $100,000 would be to any of the professionals participating would be 10% and even that's a stretch. Basic rule of thumb I've always heard was never risk more than 5% of your bankroll in one session.

Pros don't always follow that advice. Daniel wrote somewhere that many times in the BIG game, some players have their whole roll on the table. If they lose that, they just borrow. As Swift_Psycho had mentioned.If you remember from the first season, Antonio lost a pot worth over 100k when he had aces cracked (I believe). He said that was definately the largest pot he'd ever lost. I'm sure for most it's not out of their comfort zone, but some of the lower limit player's are taking a step up from what they normally play.Nice first post by the way. And welcome!

Their whole bankroll? Maybe amateurs like Amir Nasseri and Chamanara were playing with their "bankrolls" but I doubt $100,000 breaks any of the players from either season so far. The most $100,000 would be to any of the professionals participating would be 10% and even that's a stretch. Basic rule of thumb I've always heard was never risk more than 5% of your bankroll in one session.
I never said it was smart. I just said that that is what Daniel said happens. Not everyone gambles 'responsibly' and intelligently.

I don't think many of the players at the table have a $1,000,000 bankroll. Let alone a bankroll of $2,000,000 + to follow the 5% rule that not many big players don't follow any way.I know some have won big tournaments, but you have to also remember they need to spend some of that money to live too.