Hands? Hours? Results? Dreams?-----My goals dont change much, but for those who REALLY care, here they are.Ive decided against starting on stars until january of 07 because my progress towards supernova will be shot once the clock rolls around. Stars has tried to be accomodating, but it wont fit in with my schedule. So it will have to wait. 25k hands between 2/4 and 10/20 on Absolute. Emphasis on 3/6 and 5/10.ALWAYS 6 tabling. No more wasting time.Which means it should take me about 50 hours, or 12 hours a week.My expected results are in the area of $6,000, plus whatever i win in the tournaments that offer gives me for free. ------Last month (with one day to go) i played 30k hands, and just came short of $7,000. Im quite happy with how it went except that i feel i could have played more 5/10 and less 2/4... i need to force myself to get out of my comfort zone. For reference, i made less than 1/3rd of that at my full time job (in canadian funds, before taxes) yet i put in 3 times as many hours. It kills me to waste so many hours in that office. Only a month and a week left until my contract is up.... and im counting the days.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're too early!I started a new job in the middle of October. I have to be there at 7am, so I've been way too tired to put in very many hands. I'm getting used to the hours, so hopefully I will feel like playing more poker again. My goal for this month is 10k hands and at least $500, but probably closer to $1000.

i'll post too early, since nothing is changing.October results:- effectively played nothing. didn't even clear my Crypto bonuses like I wanted. let all but one of my pokerroom bonuses expire. played a bit on stars, but mostly dumb stuff like $1.50 turbo NLO8 SnG's.November goals:- studying. have a week to clear that pokerroom bonus, so i'm hoping to do that in one day to get a top-5 spot in the daily points and the bonus. other than that, its just studying and looking for a job.i need to get on the career track, so serious poker is pretty much done for me. i'll probably start up again when i have a job, and need some extra money for rent and stuff.until then, i'll still be around here. good luck at the tables e'eryone.

Weak.You dont have 10 hours a week of free time?I work 40 hours, spend 10 hours commuting, have a 4th year econ class, have a full day of 'do stuff with friends', and i get 15 hours in a week without a sweat.
its not that i couldn't, its that i choose not to.then again, i have 2500 pages of financial texts to memorize in the next 30 days, so the next month is pretty much booked.when i start working, it'll be a set 40 hours, and i'll start getting back into it.

my november goal is to play in at least 100 20+2/10+1 180's, make 15 final tables, and win 2. i'm finally properly rolled to make a run at MTTs like this, and I need to do it before I spend all my mobney.october sucked, but it's almost over, thank God

What the hell kind of courses are you taking?Are you studying to become a book, or something?
lmao, i think i might use that line.i'm taking level I for the CFA designation. long story short, i have 4 months of studying to do in one month, and 2/3 of people fail the exam anyways. and 90% of people who take it are financial professionals who've studied for at least 6 months.

Had a great October compared to what has happened to me the 2 months prior to it. Doubled my BR + some, have a +30% ROI on 200 single table sng's, did really good in cash games even though I just play them to pass time, and I feel like im playing great poker now after quitting for 2 weeks. Goals for Novembermaintain at least a 24% ROI playing $11 - $16 turbo sng'sshoot to play 300 sng's for the monthmake the money in any MTT or 180 snggl all

Yay, i'm going to jump on the goals wagon.Oct. -quit online poker. - back to live play, played approx. 16 -20 hrs. total- cash game + 640.00- other (satellite) -160.total +480.00November.- 30 hrs of live for the month- make online comeback playing SnG'sgoal for live play +1000.00goal for online +1500.00cheers

October:Played about 7k hands of 2-4, made about $700 in rakeback, another $250 in profit, didn't play enough thanks to computer nearly dying.November:- $400 a week in rakeback - FInish paying off about 1k in bills.- Finally move up.

Oct results:Wow, what a difference a month can make!I purchased Poker office in late Sept/early Oct, that was a definite big plus. Being able to accurately track results and review/replay hands is definitely a bonus. Player stats on the table overlay helped with a few decisions as well.I played a little more SnG's than I intended. But, I managed to do fairly well for them in Oct. My ROI was 24%+ for about 25 SnG's. Made final table of a 4.40/180, but only managed 8th when my AKs didn't improve against JJ. Didn't matter, I was happy with the way I played.My plan was to concentrate on ring games. And that's primarily what I did. It payed off very nicely, I essentially finished Oct with my BR 4x what it was at the beginning of the month.Nov goals:Continue to concentrate on ring games and build my roll as I did in Oct. Play approximately 15K-20K hands. Stakes will be primarily $10nl with some $25nl thrown in for interest. If my results are favorable with a significant br increase, I may take a shot at $50nl.My mtt play has been better so I hope to play more of those, but not too many. Play some $5 and $10 SnG's, a few $4/$10 180's. Probably a total of 20-30 mtt's/SnG's.Good luck to everyone for Nov!

This is my first time posting in this thread so here goes!!!November goalsget my roll back up to 5k. it's at ~2k right now. hopefully i can get dogwatcher to start working so i can post some graphs, but for now i'll just have to do it the ghetto way on excell. tomorrow it starts!!! weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!+51

I don't feel like posting my results for October since I was up over $11K for a while and am nowhere remotely close now, but my graph in the other thread should give you an idea.Anyway, November goals:1. Put in a minimum of 20,000 hands online (upper goal 25,000)2. Make a minimium of $15,000 (upper goal $20,000)3. Make at least $2,000 at Pendleton (upper goal $3,000)I was kinda reaching on the third one, since the first two are all that really matter to me, and I'm not even 100% sure that I'm going to Pendleton. For some reason though, having three goals always seems better than having two.

OKSince i don't have PT for omaha i keep tracks manually.I played 150 hours of 4 tabling $25PLO this month.I won 974$ on tables.673$ rakeback+bonus.I had a sucky start but last 5 days was amazing.I won 21 buy ins in the last 5 days of october.It feels so good.For november:I want to complete the money i am saving for the Europe trip and a laptop.After i sort it out i want to build a 5k bankroll to move up to $100PLO for good.

1. learn all i can and become better2. stop playing so much NL holdem3. get REALLY good at NL holdem4. play more razz, stud h/l, lheThats about it

at least you have a focus
it is pretty scattered huh, how bout1. Learn to play all forms of poker at an advanced level2. wini think that is slightly better

Okay, time to settle my tab:Party: $1494 (+$392) -- NLHE$25,PLO$25, $10, 2-table SnG's(R.I.P Donks!!)Interpoker: $795 (+$35)-- NLHE$25,PLO$25,LHE .50/1.00(R.I.P EuroDonks!)Absolute: $1655 (+$302) --LO8 2/4, Stud8 2/4, $10 NLHE Sng's (1 table)Bodog: $1430 (+386)-- NLHE $25, NLHE $50Pokerstars: $673 (+73) -- 1/2 HORSE , 1/2 HOSE (Started mid month)Full Tilt: $630 (-$35 :D ) --PLO$25,PLO8$25, 1/2 LO8, 1/2 Stud8(also started mid month)Woo hoo! :D Up $1153 for the month. Finally reached the 2/4 games at Absolute, doing alright so far (they seem tough). Just jumped to $50 NLHE at Bodog, looks gooey soft so far. :club: I'm pretty proud of my totals considering I multi- table and practice zero table selection, for the most part. Starting to think reading the strat sections is really paying off. Just gonna try and keep the train rollin' during the next month. Alright, I'm done bragging, time to hit that November downswing head-first !! :D