Hockey Question

We can't watch NHL, but we can still talk about it. I am a Red Wings fan and with their success over the last decade, does the rest of the hockey world think of them as the enemy? Similar to the Cowboys, Hurricanes, Fighting Irish, Lakers? Where you either love them or hate them?Or are they just another team.Just curious.

Teams I don't like: Red Wings, Avalanche, Stars.Teams I do like: DEVILS, Sabres, and Wild.
I'm a Sabres fan too. Lived most of my life in Michigan and Buffalo. I'm practically Canadian!As a Sabres fan, our natural enemy was the Maple Leafs. I haven't lived in Buffalo since '86, and the maple leafs haven't been good since then either, so I don't really have any hated teams. Maybe the Stars or the Sharks (for their upset success against the Wings!)The blackhawks have sucked royally, so I can't even hate them. Which would be easy to do since I live in Chicago area now. :D

Personally I can't hate a team that is lead by such a class act as Stevie Yzerman. Sure the wings do well every year but its a credit to the coaching and scouting staff who year after year find players even though they always draft late ( case in point zetterberg and datsyuk).

Well I am a Vancouver Canucks fan, and the history with the Wings goes back a few years ago (2002 Play-offs). I can't "hate" a hockey team, but I love watching the Canucks play the Wings. There is a good rivalry there (Bertuzzi vs Chelios), that was an intense play-off series.Another team I "dislike" is Colorado. They are our biggest rivals and after what happened last year (Moore on Naslund, Bertuzzi on Moore) I can't wait for the season to get started (if it ever does) to watch this rivalry unfold again. It's unfortunate what happened to Steve Moore and I hope he recovers. As for Bertuzzi, I hope Bettman will let him play, what is done is done, but now Bert has to face criminal charges here. That's a whole new topic in my opinion.

yah too true, right now I think we as hockey fans should start getting concerned about whether or not there will be hockey NEXT year, b/c as depressing as this sounds i dont think the puck will drop this year.