The Brooklyn Nets have signed an openly gay player to a 10 day contract, to claim various "Firsts" in regards to gays in professional sports.

I'm firmly in the "who ****ing cares" camp about homosexuals, actually love it when they move into my neighborhood since they raise property values and give the Mexican gangs someone else to rob but is anyone else getting the feeling that this mass rush to over the top gay hyper-acceptance is turning into a stupid cultural frenzy?

There's a tipping point where anything that's overdone receives a backlash. I think this issue is approaching that.

For something both fun and educational:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIT0aU_FRw

Since this is in the political forum, how about this angle..

Collins is a replacement level player. He had, at best 1 or 2 seasons left in the NBA, if he was lucky. The difference between him and a number of other guys is little. He is better for some things, but he's old, and a veteran signing, so he was no sure thing to make a team anyway. The added press/distraction that him being the first gay player couldn't have helped him with risk adverse gm's. If he was a meaningful player who could help a team, that's one thing, but he's not. He's a marginal NBA player. So, a team finally signs him, and it's the Nets. The Mikhail Prokhorov owned Brooklyn Nets. Doing this 10 day contract, right now.. right when the closing ceremonies are going on. MP is a political enemy of Putin and there's been all this criticism/focus on Russia and the way that the Putin government has been treating gays. So I just wonder if there's not some Russian political motive in signing Collins NOW. As opposed to 3 months ago or two weeks from now.

• Like 1

Since this is in the political forum, how about this angle..

Collins is a replacement level player. He had, at best 1 or 2 seasons left in the NBA, if he was lucky. The difference between him and a number of other guys is little. He is better for some things, but he's old, and a veteran signing, so he was no sure thing to make a team anyway. The added press/distraction that him being the first gay player couldn't have helped him with risk adverse gm's. If he was a meaningful player who could help a team, that's one thing, but he's not. He's a marginal NBA player. So, a team finally signs him, and it's the Nets. The Mikhail Prokhorov owned Brooklyn Nets. Doing this 10 day contract, right now.. right when the closing ceremonies are going on. MP is a political enemy of Putin and there's been all this criticism/focus on Russia and the way that the Putin government has been treating gays. So I just wonder if there's not some Russian political motive in signing Collins NOW. As opposed to 3 months ago or two weeks from now.

applause.gif?w=468&h=224

I wonder why we have to accept people one at a time in America for being essentially what they are?? Freedom is for everyone. Love is for everyone. Acceptance is for everyone and Tolerance is the only right way to act about all of it. I do hate the divisive media who is not at all interested in uniting people jumping on every non-story and creating news out of nothing. They are the ones that start and fuel these debates in my opinion.

I would probably go along with the political stunt theory also seeing as the timing of these things is always played out the same way.

Turns out that all sheep ever do is walk around and fart.

soy3.jpg

You know who else farts all the time?

Jews.

]"[/color]For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants." - Martin Luther

These issues go unreported because the media is too busy covering gay basketball.