New Poker After Dark Episode

Just watched the TiVo'ed PAD episode from last night. I forgot all about this show, as I have my TiVo set to only record new episodes of PAD and it hasn't, obv, for a long time since they've all been re-runs. This one had Doyle, Hellmuth, Flack, Seidel, Jesus and TJ. The "WSOP big bracelet winners" show, if you will. I found it very entertaining. I've never understood the people who can't stand Layne Flack. Sure, he's like a kid who needs his ridilin (sp?), but I find him very good tv and a good story-teller. Flack and Hellmuth, only one episode in, already has me primed for the rest of the week.

I love how Flack absolutely dominates Hellmuth's personality. Never seen someone with such a handle on Phil (not that is means much in terms of poker). Doyle's comment about how PAD must feed him horrible cards to ensure he stays around for multiple days was the nuts, too.

I love how Flack absolutely dominates Hellmuth's personality. Never seen someone with such a handle on Phil (not that is means much in terms of poker). Doyle's comment about how PAD must feed him horrible cards to ensure he stays around for multiple days was the nuts, too.
True that. He's one of the few guys i've seen who can make fun of Phil, laugh about it, and have Phil laugh with him. Plus, I think Phil secretly has a good amount of respect for Layne's game.

Flack calling out hands was sick. Phil had 96 on like a A-6-2 flop, and folded to a 2nd bullet on the turn, and Layne says "Did you have a 10 to go with your 6?" I may be butchering the hand but it was pretty impressive.

Flack calling out hands was sick. Phil had 96 on like a A-6-2 flop, and folded to a 2nd bullet on the turn, and Layne says "Did you have a 10 to go with your 6?" I may be butchering the hand but it was pretty impressive.
he also calls out tj hand JJ fold , as much as i thought he was a nut he kinda seems like an alright guy on this episode .
It was blind versus blind with Flack in the SB. Flack raised pre-flop w/ Ac5c, Hellmuth called in BB w/ 9s6s. Flop was A62r w/ one club. Flack bet, Hellmuth called. Turn Xc. Flack bet, Hellmuth called. River 2. Flack checked, Hellmuth checked and mucked. Flack asked the question following that.
This is the first episode of season #2
...kind of. They had two new weeks during the summer that were technically part of Season 2, but this is basically the start of the new run.To echo, Flack is one of the most fun, entertaining people at a poker table outside of Daniel. The caliber of this week's line-up is pretty amazing, but if Flack's not there as a catalyst, it could easily become boring.

It looks like things are gonna heat up as far as the banter tonight....as far as the previews seemed. Looks like Phil is gonna be ridiculed by both TJ and Seidel. It started last night when Phil limped Q3 and the flop was Q 3 x(don't remember). Phil 900 bet and Seidel raised to 2500 with KQ, by the river there were 2 As on the board and Phils hand was nullified, he started a rant about it right after. The previews show Seidel mentioning bringing a pacifier for Phil and TJ also had an exchange with him. Should be a tense night. Sucks that Layne was out so early, I loved watching the banter between him and Doyle. Doyle was pretty much merciless if he was in a hand.

Oh...I forgot to mention it previously, but Flack's value-bet of 4th pair on the river against Hellmuth's bottom pair...one of the funnier poker moments in a while

before I found Phil to be the most irritatin person on tv. However now I actually enjoy listenig to his banter with the players. Yeah sometimes he does go oveboard but hell that is what makes Phil.