Lie Of The Day!

This thread will be dedicated to the best lies i see. "Best" is defined solely by me, which probably means they'll be some whiny anti-Republican complaint. This was originally going to be "Trump's Lie of the Day" thread, but I want to leave it open for other nonesense too.

Of course, since it is a thread about lies, it is only appropriate to open with Trump, the biggest liar there is.

His latest missive, from Twitter (of course):

"Lyin' Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a GQ shoot in his ad. Be careful Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!"

The big lie of course, is that the ad in question is not a Ted Cruz ad. It is an ad by a Super PAC who, like all Super PACs are not directly related to any single campaign. This specific one defines its mission as being anti-Trump (not even pro-Cruz!) This wins "best" lie because he explicitly calls someone else a liar (twice!) when accusing him of doing something which isn't actually a lie (it may be bad, but not a lie), and in itself, the accusation is a lie. That's some second-level shit right there.

The secondary lie of course is that there are certainly almost no 'beans' to spill. Trump's version of having secret dirt on someone is usually like "you're ugly" or "you're bad at your job". Or even more often, it is absolutely nothing, except some orange-tinted spittle designed to paint someone negatively with no actual evidence.

Having said all that, Cruz's wife is an investment manager at Goldman Sachs, and is married to Ted Cruz, so she has almost certainly done horrible horrible things in her life (in addition to marrying Ted Cruz).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hilary doesn't bother me anymore than any other vanilla politician. I can't listen very long to anyone before I just turn the channel out of simple disinterest. My cats would be perfectly safe with me

I like your post Steve. I disagree with some of it, but I like it all the same.   I would like to note I disagree, sort or, with the power of a good orator. I dont know how you or anyone defines a g

I guess I'm still a bit bitter about Obama. He did wake me up. This guy seemed bigger than life when he spoke. But when he got into office he backed down on a lot of stuff and was wishy washy at times

Lie Percentage (as per fact checking website Politifact)

Hilary Clinton: 28% (72% of her statements are either true, mostly true, or half true. 28% are: Mostly false, false, or outright lie)

Barrack Obama: 26%

Bernie Sanders: 31%

Donald Trump: 77%

Jeb Bush: 31%

Marco Rubio: 41%

Ted Cruz: 66%

edit: And I'll save you the trouble of tearing down the credibility of Politifact. Politifact won a Pullitzer prize in 2009 for their coverage of the 2008 election.

Lie Percentage (as per fact checking website Politifact)

Hilary Clinton: 28% (72% of her statements are either true, mostly true, or half true. 28% are: Mostly false, false, or outright lie)

Barrack Obama: 26%

Bernie Sanders: 31%

Donald Trump: 77%

Jeb Bush: 31%

Marco Rubio: 41%

Ted Cruz: 66%

They're probably lying. Herp derp. ;)

I'm curious if anyone has watched a 15 minute Hillary speech from beginning to end. I'm sure most of you have.

The stuff she says are so pointless, useless and rhetoric it's mind blowing.

I challenge everyone to watch if you haven't. If after watching you don't

1. Punch a wall in your front door

2. Kick your neighbor s cat

3. Break your tv into 83 pieces

4. Scream till your uncle two states /provinces over can hear you

I will be impressed.

I just find her tough to listen to. Im not entirely sure why, I am willing to admit if its sexism, but that isnt it. I think I just dont trust her, for so many reasons.

That said, 15min of any politician is full of bs if you ask me. Especially the ones running for higher offices. I dont sit thru any of them for pleasure, and too often it feels like a chore forcing myself to listen to bullkaka just for the sake of my own personal "enlightenment".

I'm curious if anyone has watched a 15 minute Hillary speech from beginning to end. I'm sure most of you have.

The stuff she says are so pointless, useless and rhetoric it's mind blowing.

I challenge everyone to watch if you haven't. If after watching you don't

1. Punch a wall in your front door

2. Kick your neighbor s cat

3. Break your tv into 83 pieces

4. Scream till your uncle two states /provinces over can hear you

I will be impressed.

she basically gives the same speech each time. It isn't great but unless you have a hate on for her (which you will admit you do) there is nothing that should make anybody nuts. It's a basic vanilla speech which matches what she is which is a middle of the road politician with middle of the road policies. Other than being the first woman she isn't going to be transformative in how she governs or in her policies.

Anyone noticed that trump backers have now fallen back to their last line of defence? The 'Hilary is worse' line? Which may or may not be true but it's sad that a president is going to be elected based not on who they are but rather who they aren't.

I just find her tough to listen to. Im not entirely sure why, I am willing to admit if its sexism, but that isnt it. I think I just dont trust her, for so many reasons.

That said, 15min of any politician is full of bs if you ask me. Especially the ones running for higher offices. I dont sit thru any of them for pleasure, and too often it feels like a chore forcing myself to listen to bullkaka just for the sake of my own personal "enlightenment".

I think there is a bit of a fake passion in her and that comes through. She is basically a technocrat not a fire brand and when she tries to get fired up it takes her out of her oratory comfort zone

I wouldn't submit myself to a 15 minute speech from any politician. With that said, I will admit that Hilary has zero charisma or stage presence. I certainly don't feel the hatred that Serge does when I watch her speak. I think she is fairly eloquent in debates, if slightly grating.

Anyone noticed that trump backers have now fallen back to their last line of defence? The 'Hilary is worse' line? Which may or may not be true but it's sad that a president is going to be elected based not on who they are but rather who they aren't.

Welcome to the politics of my entire lifetime. No candidate gives the reasons why they will be good for the voters, they just poke holes in all the other choices.

I think there is a bit of a fake passion in her and that comes through. She is basically a technocrat not a fire brand and when she tries to get fired up it takes her out of her oratory comfort zone

Fake passion is a great way to put it. I find it hard to believe anyone listens to her and feels inspired by her leadership. I have issues with sons, brothers or wives of past presidents. They may even be the most qualified, but this isnt a monarchy, give someone new and fresh a change for the fcking love of dog.

Its probably why I liked Obama so much. His '04 speech at the DNC I just happened to be watching live, and it felt inspirational and hopeful, especially since it came from someone I knew so little about.

She just says dumb shit. I have been listening to Adam Carollas podcast( which I highly recommend). He broke down everything she said and she basically said nothing.

I don't feel that way about a lot of politicians.

True or false - if Sanders was a black man, he'd have a 10-point lead in the polls.

p.s.I'm perfectly ok if this hours-old thread is alreay going off the rails lol

That's possible. Lot of people believe if Obama wasn't black he wouldn't be president. Mighty be racist, but accurate.

I do think he does much better with black voters compared to Hillary. ( I maybe wrong)

If I remember correctly, it's actually the opposite. Sanders is doing horrendously poorly with black voters - in fact, I think I read somewhere that he would be leading in delegates (not leading the popular vote) among only white people.

I didn't really mean it that way though. I more meant that he has a lot of reason for the hopeful/idealist people in terms of policies, and he is a kind of outsider in the same way Obama was, but since he is an old white guy, it's hard for us to really see him as 'different'. I was glib to suggest being black would 'help' him - I should've said that if he was anything other than an old white guy, I think he'd be ahead of Clinton, at least in part because he'd be generally thought of as having a better chance to beat whoever the R's nominate.

Hilary doesn't bother me anymore than any other vanilla politician. I can't listen very long to anyone before I just turn the channel out of simple disinterest. My cats would be perfectly safe with me stuck watching her speak for 15 minutes. They'd probably just curl up next to me as we all slept.

She spoke at my Liz's work last year and Liz was surprised by how good it was. She also spoke at Lizs graduation from UofM.

I too was inspired by Obamas 04 speech. Sadly Speaking overall has no coorelation to how good a president would be though so I'm not going to get hung up on how boring Hilary is. At least she doesn't actively spread hate while speaking.

Edit: also I once sat in during a session of congress and heard her argue on the senate floor for a bill that would help 9/11 first responders get help due to the illnesses coming their way. She's good at arguing. Very good. I was impressed and ready to get $ out of my pocket to help out. She's a career politician. She's been chasing this dream probably since she was a little girl. She ain't perfect, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate anywhere, ever. My opinion has changed on her over the course of this election but I'd bet something of decent value that she won't destroy the country. She's a vote for the status quo. thats far better than the alternative this election. Not perfect, not ideal, but far far better.

• Like 1

The Donald with a totally true Tweet

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 20m20 minutes ago

Low energy Jeb Bush just endorsed a man he truly hates, Lyin’ Ted Cruz. Honestly, I can’t blame Jeb in that I drove him into oblivion!

I like your post Steve. I disagree with some of it, but I like it all the same.

I would like to note I disagree, sort or, with the power of a good orator. I dont know how you or anyone defines a good presidential term....is it more jobs, better economy, more of something else, less taxes, less wars. I dont know what matters to most, but I will say this. I think a president is very much a figurehead and part of that is being a strong leader that inspires his country to be better as people. I think there are many more important things than min wage and where tax dollars go....and idealistically, I would love leaders to lead. I think Obama awoke a whole generation of people who didnt give a fck about politics and it started to lead to real discussions about race, history. And when he spoke, he did so with dreams and ideology that included everyone. I felt energized listening to him, and hopeful. I dont get that from anyone I hear today, although Bernie does at times make me want to listen.

I personally think he was a good President in many ways, but thats subjective I suppose.

• Like 1

Also, I think all of these people would impress us in real life. There is a reason why they are where they are, and as crazy or loonie as they may appear on tv, I imagine in person they are quite eloquent and intelligent. I cant help but think they are all playing a role, and what you see on screen, is not what you see in person.

I like your post Steve. I disagree with some of it, but I like it all the same.

I would like to note I disagree, sort or, with the power of a good orator. I dont know how you or anyone defines a good presidential term....is it more jobs, better economy, more of something else, less taxes, less wars. I dont know what matters to most, but I will say this. I think a president is very much a figurehead and part of that is being a strong leader that inspires his country to be better as people. I think there are many more important things than min wage and where tax dollars go....and idealistically, I would love leaders to lead. I think Obama awoke a whole generation of people who didnt give a fck about politics and it started to lead to real discussions about race, history. And when he spoke, he did so with dreams and ideology that included everyone. I felt energized listening to him, and hopeful. I dont get that from anyone I hear today, although Bernie does at times make me want to listen.

I personally think he was a good President in many ways, but thats subjective I suppose.

I guess I'm still a bit bitter about Obama. He did wake me up. This guy seemed bigger than life when he spoke. But when he got into office he backed down on a lot of stuff and was wishy washy at times and that kind of ticked me off. He had a chance to go after the gun laws hard and he weakened. I got tired of the I'm cool no tie on my blackberry act and spending more time making ncaa women's brakets than other things at times. And yes I know he had a tough struggle with the republicans on the hill but I just thought at times that he didn't put forth the Obama I saw in the elections that put me in awe.

I do like him and I don't regret voting for him both times but I guess I set my expectations to high. That's probably my bad.

What makes a good prez? I just think moving the country in a good direction economically and morally. Didn't think much of the latter being a component but with Trump I now do because he would change the moral compass drastically. No president will ever create policy that will make each person happy. But I think if you can make strides to make the US and the world better then you've done good. So ultimately, I guess he actually has done good now that I really think about it.

• Like 1