I just recently started concentrating on cash games. Since for the most part, cash bores me, I decided I would 10 table 1/2 since I figured I wouldn't have a chance to be bored. Just curious for those of you that multi table a lot of tables, how you deal with the swings. Not sure if my swings are a leak or if that is just part of playing so many tables. Some nights I win 5 buy ins, other days I drop 3. For the month of May I have played a ton (I think over 40k hands) but I am only up about 1PTBB/100. I assumed I would be able to beat that game at a higher rate. At what point do I need to start looking at playing less tables or lower stakes?

I just recently started concentrating on cash games. Since for the most part, cash bores me, I decided I would 10 table 1/2 since I figured I wouldn't have a chance to be bored. Just curious for those of you that multi table a lot of tables, how you deal with the swings. Not sure if my swings are a leak or if that is just part of playing so many tables. Some nights I win 5 buy ins, other days I drop 3. For the month of May I have played a ton (I think over 40k hands) but I am only up about 1PTBB/100. I assumed I would be able to beat that game at a higher rate. At what point do I need to start looking at playing less tables or lower stakes?
i believe the most tables someone can play effectively, adjusting to opponents' tendencies etc.. is playing 4 tables or less. I personally play 2 but that's because UB doens't give adjustable tables and it overlaps badly if i play more than 2. 5 buy in swings is NOT a lot. I play 2 tables and I have those swings...it just makes the long run show itself quicker. a bad week is represented in one day when you play that many tables. On the other hand, your up days are going to be a lot bigger as well.Play 6 tables. Youll more than increase the your ptbb/100 to make up for the lack of tables...i'm assuming nl cuz limit is different.
even with PT, playing that many NL tables is difficult IMO.most NL i can do is 4. Obv there are plenty of peeps doing more, and if you can keep track of al the players and the tables image etc.. then go for it.I just think that Mulit tabling limit is waaay easier.You are talking about NL right?

Bet-sizing is what makes multitabling NL so much more difficult than Limit. I generally try to stick with 4 tables or less.

Bet-sizing is what makes multitabling NL so much more difficult than Limit. I generally try to stick with 4 tables or less.
Yeah, I think this is one of my biggest issues. There are several hands a session where I realize I missed value by hurrying my decision about how much to bet. I figured that at most of the lower stakes the decisions could be so mechanical that I could still beat them at a reasonable rate, regardless of how many tables I was playing. Maybe I do need to play less tables and hope to triple or quadruple my win rate? I guess my concern then becomes that I will get bored.

I'm like 100% sure I posted in this thread already... did I delete my own post?Anyways, you're fine to 10 table 1/2 NL. IMO.I 9 tabled .5/1 last year, for a while, and was still profitable, and ISANL.

Exactly. Four is about the highest number that I feel I've been able to play well on and keep track of everything and everyone.
I guess my concern then becomes that I will get bored.
dude, dont put in 12 hour sessions then??we all get bored, but multi tabling 4-6 for a few hours, then get out and do something, go to the gym, watch tv, whatever. and then come back and do it for a few more hours.I'd try something different to get rid of boredom opposed to playing more and jeopardizing my win rate

The games are tougher now..but running at 1ptbb after 40k hands is kinda sick...like if I ran at that rate I'd def. try something else out, couldn't hurt you know?I'd try playing less tables. 6 is a good number, and still a lot of hands.gl bro <3- Jordan

I also kind of have the same problem. I get bored sometimes and open too many tables to play optimal. What I do is play 2 tables and surf the internet at the same time. But for NL my max is 4 tables, due to adjusting of bet sizes.I guess you could open some limit tables if you really dont wanna get bored.

I guess you could open some limit tables if you really dont wanna get bored.
I'm almost positive this is the first time anyone has ever said this sentence.
Ever played 20/40 SHLHE? It'll keep your attention...and probably make you want to kill yourself.
The games are tougher now..but running at 1ptbb after 40k hands is kinda sick...like if I ran at that rate I'd def. try something else out, couldn't hurt you know?I'd try playing less tables. 6 is a good number, and still a lot of hands.gl bro <3- Jordan
I know I have seen several answers to this question thrown out in different areas but what is a good number to beat NL at? In other words if I were to move down to a more manageable number of tables, what is a really good PTBB that is sustainable long term?
lol well as soon as i get stuck it breaks the boredom haha.
i believe the most tables someone can play effectively, adjusting to opponents' tendencies etc.. is playing 4 tables or less. I personally play 2 but that's because UB doens't give adjustable tables and it overlaps badly if i play more than 2.
miniview. You'll probably hate it at first, but before long you'll be asking yourself what the **** a picture of a chair has to do with playing poker.screenshot.png
I know I have seen several answers to this question thrown out in different areas but what is a good number to beat NL at? In other words if I were to move down to a more manageable number of tables, what is a really good PTBB that is sustainable long term?
depends on the level you're playing...the standard now seems to be 5ptbb...I think 10ptbb would be be beating the game pretty well...and anything higher very well.- Jordan
depends on the level you're playing...the standard now seems to be 5ptbb...I think 10ptbb would be be beating the game pretty well...and anything higher very well.- Jordan
So just out of curiousity, at what rate are you beating the game over the last month? :club:
So just out of curiousity, at what rate are you beating the game over the last month? :club:
HU is a lot diff from six max. Right now I'm at a little over 16ptbb...but I don't know how long that will last. 14.4k hands right now, so meh, lets keep googogogogogogogoing- Jordan
HU is a lot diff from six max. Right now I'm at a little over 16ptbb...but I don't know how long that will last. 14.4k hands right now, so meh, lets keep googogogogogogogoing- Jordan
Obv. brag post.

I also should have pointed out that this is full table. Since I played only tournaments for 3 years, I feel that I probably have a bigger advantage at a full table. Should I consider moving to 6 max?

FR vs 6-max is a preference thing. You'll find a lot more action at 6-max generally, but that results in bigger swings.If I'm playing >9 tables, I'm playing full ring. There are fewer marginal/tough decisions.When I played NL, I was a standard TAG, like 20/10 or whatever. When I played 9 tables at once, my stats fell to ~15/8. Take that for what you will. You'd probably be sacrificing a bit in terms of winrate, but maybe making up for it by playing more hands/hour.