Cardrunner Video On Cardplayer.

So, I hate to be "that guy" but I just watched this new video they put up and wtf, this guy takes laggy to the extreme some of his plays dont really make sense to me. First off he makes a reraise from the SB with JK and I guess this is fine becuase the guy folds but how the **** do you play the hand if he calls? Second this guy proceeds to get like 450 into a 30 dollar pot with K10 on a 10 9 4 board and beats A10, regardless of his suckout, how is this ever a good idea to tell people to just blow up pots with one pair? I just dont get it someone help me out here?http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/24827

First thing I noticed is it's "LucLongley" and he plays the nosebleeds on FTP usually...so a 2/4nl game is essentially nothing to him.Now, you shouldn't ever play on "scared" money...but when one drops limits as drastically as he has...he will naturally make looser bets, calls, raises than a typical guy that even is playing the game well rolled with 50-100 buy ins.Re-raising KJ from a btn, or CO raise is acceptable...and if you are called you just have to take into account the kind of guy you re-raised...etc. like do you cbet a 936 board, or cbet a Q95 board? what do you do if you flop 2nd pair AK2 board? All these vary on the opponent.I'll watch more of the video now- Jordan

Ok, now I saw the hand...he explains pretty fairly why he "has" to make this raise...cause of the so thought "steam" factor that this guy may be holding against him...evne tho HERO only has played back at him once that I saw, pf...so meh, I really think his thinking the other guy was steaming is a bit too early to say.Once he makes that raise he def. isn't committed if he is raised again...and once the guy made that small re-raise I can't see KT being good there at all. Only thing he really beats there is a big draw...but normally a big draw just shoves right away.A lot of the stuff he says is just standard cash game stuff...but again, the fact that one buy in to this guy is a bb to his main game will skew how he plays some. still, his thinking is good, but I think his so called "read" that the guy was steaming just after a hand or two of being played back at is off-base.- Jordan

Its kinda painful to listen to him.on the K,10 hand.he has TP with K kicker. he raises, and villain 3-bets. Obv he's pushing because he thinks villains hand is a very wide range and wil probably fold.so what i dont get is, why bother making this play with TP? does he honestly think villain calls his shovel with worse?I'd really like to know what was goin on in the other guys head cuz thats a phenominal call with A,10 there,either he's a donk and over value TPTK, or picked up on the hero's aggressive betting pattern

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this guy's K10 play was kinda wack. Since Cardrunners costs money, you'd figure they'd give Cardplayer videos that show how great their "instructors" are.Most of what I've watched has been either standard stuff or kinda wack - like the K10 play.

Its kinda painful to listen to him.on the K,10 hand.he has TP with K kicker. he raises, and villain 3-bets. Obv he's pushing because he thinks villains hand is a very wide range and wil probably fold.so what i dont get is, why bother making this play with TP? does he honestly think villain calls his shovel with worse?I'd really like to know what was goin on in the other guys head cuz thats a phenominal call with A,10 there,either he's a donk and over value TPTK, or picked up on the hero's aggressive betting pattern
My guess is that most 2/4 regs know that LucLongley is a highstakes player, and that he won't play very tight here.
the general verdict on Cardrunners? From that example it doesnt look worth the money, but is it just a bad example?
The site is definitely worth it.
The site is definitely worth it.
No its not, stay away from cardrunners. You will lose your bankroll in 3 days and be back to play money in no time. The instructors have no idea what they are doing, they donate heavily, and can only afford to play high stakes because I give them 25 a month. Worst poker investment ever! Worse than Hellmuths "play poker like the pros", worse than a moneymaker instructional DVD.
No its not, stay away from cardrunners. You will lose your bankroll in 3 days and be back to play money in no time. The instructors have no idea what they are doing, they donate heavily, and can only afford to play high stakes because I give them 25 a month. Worst poker investment ever! Worse than Hellmuths "play poker like the pros", worse than a moneymaker instructional DVD.
lol this is an example of second level thinking.