Thought This Was Funny

The guy is going broke here every time, imo. He isn't getting away from it. And it's not like folding the Kh on a 4h board, that happens much more often than laying down the SF. This would be more like laying down KK preflop, and we all know how that argument goes.
I don't see how it's much different. There is a nuts and a 2nd nuts. I agree that this guy is probably going broke here everytime...as well with a K high flush vs the A high flush. I just don't think it is impossible to lay this down. Yes it's a straight flush, but it is just as easy for the guy to have a higher straight flush here with only 1 hole card being used.Whatever though...I know I am wasting my typing here because I see it one way and most of you the other. Oh well.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you anyway?If you can't get away from the 2nd nuts ever, then YSAP.Go away, please.
I have AA on an AQ522 boardplease explain how I would fold here with the second nuts EVER
I have AA on an AQ522 boardplease explain how I would fold here with the second nuts EVER
In your hand, the other player would need both hole cards to be exactly 22.In the OP's example, only one of the cards need be the Qh to make the straight flush. That is way way way way way more likely. A better example would be holding AA on a QQQ72 board.

The board's paired...this is never getting laid down. On an unpaired board...given gigantic stacks...maaaaybe.

A better example would be holding AA on a QQQ72 board.
On that board, holding AA, you only get significant action from AA/KK/Qx...and only beat one of those hands.On this board, you can get significant action from plenty of hands that aren't Qhx that you beat (Ahx, JJ, TT, 99, 88, J9, T9, 98).
I never said ALWAYS fold the 2nd nuts. Plus that is using 2 hole cards, not 1 like another poster said.You have KhQs and the board is 2h 5h 9h Th 4s.Is it NEVER ok to fold the 2nd nuts here?You can't ever find a situation where you could justify folding this?
I don't think it is impossible to get away from but thats probably because im just better than you :club:
"being able" to get away from this is not a good thing.the key here is that the board is paired also.
"being able" to get away from this is not a good thing.the key here is that the board is paired also.
The board being paired has nothing to do with anything. The 2 cards in question are the 7h and Qh which trump a boat and quads here. So forget the board being paired. It is like having the Kh on an unpaired, 4 heart board.Ok, I've come to the realization that I am better than you too.Arguing this is like bluffing a bad player. It just doesn't work.How is being able to get away from this a bad thing? I think saving money when and if you are beat is a fantastic thing. I just don't believe in losing a buy in if I think I am beat.Go read BLINK and you might understand.
if you are on the ignorant side of that and don't get it all in or even worse somehow feel you can get away from it quit poker now.
I think you interpreted the meaning of that perfectly. Thanks!It is called the ignorant side for a reason.
The board being paired has nothing to do with anything. The 2 cards in question are the 7h and Qh which trump a boat and quads here. So forget the board being paired. It is like having the Kh on an unpaired, 4 heart board.Ok, I've come to the realization that I am better than you too.Arguing this is like bluffing a bad player. It just doesn't work.How is being able to get away from this a bad thing? I think saving money when and if you are beat is a fantastic thing. I just don't believe in losing a buy in if I think I am beat.Go read BLINK and you might understand.
you're wrong. its nothing like having the kh on a four heart board. its not close.
you're wrong. its nothing like having the kh on a four heart board. its not close.
Support your argument because it is exactly the same. We are talking about the 2 best possible hands on each board which consist of 1 hole card from each person. If you think you are beat, then fold.What am I missing?

You're missing the point.On a board of 2h 5h 9h 4s Th if you get into a raising war holding Kh you can pretty quickly surmise that your opponent is either retarded or holding the Ah. If the actions goes the same as in the OP on this board Kh is a pretty easy laydown. What could SB push besides Ah?On the hand in the OP there are probably a dozen hands that the SB could push that BB beats. The A high flush is possible, boats are possible, quads almost certainly push there. Given the action SB could put BB on the nut flush and push any of these hands that beat the nut flush.If you don't see how that's entirely different from the K high flush vs the A high flush on a non-paired, non-straight flush board then you're entirely missing the point of all the discussion.

What am I missing?
The fact that the other guy could be pushing w/a boat ... if he's got a boat and is thinking that you've got an A-high flush, he's hoping you'll call and there are only two flush cards that beat him.On a non-paired board with a four to a suit, it's much less likely that someone would push without the nuts or the second nuts, so if you're holding the second nuts, it's easier to get away from, cuz who's going to push with the third nut hand?
i gotta agree with cbass on this one
FMPedit- I take that back i didnt notice the board was paired. that changes everything im not folding. PSUJohn is right.
how can u not like the avatar? is it men u like?
even somebody who likes men should find her aesthetically pleasing. somebody who is into sheep and horses however....
The board's paired...this is never getting laid down. On an unpaired board...given gigantic stacks...maaaaybe.On that board, holding AA, you only get significant action from AA/KK/Qx...and only beat one of those hands.On this board, you can get significant action from plenty of hands that aren't Qhx that you beat (Ahx, JJ, TT, 99, 88, J9, T9, 98).
Ding ding dingWe have a winner.
The board being paired has nothing to do with anything. The 2 cards in question are the 7h and Qh which trump a boat and quads here. So forget the board being paired. It is like having the Kh on an unpaired, 4 heart board.
I think the point people are trying to make about the paired board is... we're getting action on so many hands we have beat. A full house or quads, raises us and we have them crushed. The guy got into an incredible situation with a straight flush where one card could beat him, I can't blame him here.It is funny in a "Let's go murder a transient" kinda way. Or a train wreck you can't turn your eyes from. Don't let the haters get ya down, CBass.EDIT: I got beat, so pardon the redundancy.
You're missing the point.On a board of 2h 5h 9h 4s Th if you get into a raising war holding Kh you can pretty quickly surmise that your opponent is either retarded or holding the Ah. If the actions goes the same as in the OP on this board Kh is a pretty easy laydown. What could SB push besides Ah?On the hand in the OP there are probably a dozen hands that the SB could push that BB beats. The A high flush is possible, boats are possible, quads almost certainly push there. Given the action SB could put BB on the nut flush and push any of these hands that beat the nut flush.If you don't see how that's entirely different from the K high flush vs the A high flush on a non-paired, non-straight flush board then you're entirely missing the point of all the discussion.
I see what you are saying. I don't know though. Maybe I am just being too narrow minded to see the only 2 hands that could be pushed with are the Qh or 7h...and this guy had the 7h but got RE-RAISED on the river after an initial 3+ times pot bet to open the action. It just seemed fishy to me and my first instinct was he definitely has it. I don't see anybody in their right mind pushing their whole stack with a boat on this board after getting raised or even doing that with the Ah. Anybody who has the Ah in this situation who bet out and got raised would probably just call as there are many many hands that beat us. Quads I could see, but if I had quads, I am not pushing that river either after being raised. I think you can rule out quads because if either of them had 99, they are raising preflop in that situation. So facing the all in bet, I know for a fact (basically) that guy does not have quads. That is why I figured it was safe to say that the only hand pushing back at me that hard would be the one hand that beats me.Of course, giving this much credit to those .25/.50 players is saying a lot, but that is my rationale. I rarely play that low when I do play cash games.
The board's paired...this is never getting laid down. On an unpaired board...given gigantic stacks...maaaaybe.On that board, holding AA, you only get significant action from AA/KK/Qx...and only beat one of those hands.On this board, you can get significant action from plenty of hands that aren't Qhx that you beat (Ahx, JJ, TT, 99, 88, J9, T9, 98).
I think you can rule out the JJ, TT, 99, 88 since it wasn't raised and it was blind vs blinds. I know what you are saying though. Maybe I just feel that its not smart for someone to 3 bet all in with a boat on this board.
I think the point people are trying to make about the paired board is... we're getting action on so many hands we have beat. A full house or quads, raises us and we have them crushed. The guy got into an incredible situation with a straight flush where one card could beat him, I can't blame him here.It is funny in a "Let's go murder a transient" kinda way. Or a train wreck you can't turn your eyes from. Don't let the haters get ya down, CBass.EDIT: I got beat, so pardon the redundancy.
Nah, I don't blame him here. Just saying it's not impossible to fold and can definitely be justified.Not letting the haters get me down. It is a healthy discussion about opinions and situations.Now lets go buy some cool looking glocks and s&w's!
psujohn and snooptoddd explained it before i could.
I explained it before they did. =) Least Yorke gave me props.CBass, I agree that those hands are implausible given the action. However, I'd also say that AcQh is an extremely implausible hand given the action (no bets anywhere until the river?). I was just noting their existence in an effort to point out how this "second nuts" is quite different from the "second nuts" on some other board texture.