Thought This Was Funny

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($45.80)UTG ($49.30)Hero ($47.30)CO ($49.85)Button ($19.25)SB ($49.95)Preflop: Hero is MP with 2spade.gif, Tdiamond.gif. 4 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1) 8heart.gif, 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, BB checks.Turn: ($1) 9diamond.gif(2 players)SB checks, BB checks.River: ($1) Theart.gif(2 players)SB bets $3, BB raises to $7, SB raises to $52.45 (All-In), BB calls $38.30 (All-In).Final Pot: $98.75HELLO, what did the BB think the other guy had?? Results below: SB has Ac Qh (straight flush, queen high). BB has 6c 7h (straight flush, jack high). Outcome: SB wins $98.75.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($45.80)UTG ($49.30)Hero ($47.30)CO ($49.85)Button ($19.25)SB ($49.95)Preflop: Hero is MP with 2spade.gif, Tdiamond.gif. 4 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1) 8heart.gif, 9heart.gif, Jheart.gif(2 players)SB checks, BB checks.Turn: ($1) 9diamond.gif(2 players)SB checks, BB checks.River: ($1) Theart.gif(2 players)SB bets $3, BB raises to $7, SB raises to $52.45 (All-In), BB calls $38.30 (All-In).Final Pot: $98.75HELLO, what did the BB think the other guy had?? Results below: SB has Ac Qh (straight flush, queen high). BB has 6c 7h (straight flush, jack high). Outcome: SB wins $98.75.
Are you saying that in a .25/.5 game he should fold a Straight Flush fearing the Cooler?Hello?

The SB did bet $3 into a 90 cent pot. It was blind vs blind anyway. Anything was possible.Just sayin.

The SB did bet $3 into a 90 cent pot. It was blind vs blind anyway. Anything was possible.Just sayin.
just sayin' that if you really believe that at any stakes a person should be folding a straight flush because of fear of a higher straight flush then you are either on a whole other level of poker skill or you are cluelessno one lays it down there; I think the funny part is the huge raise at the end (because you would want the call and such a big bet might scare away action - it's not as if you know that the other guy has the straight flush too)if you are seriously confused as to what he thought the other guy might have, that could include the A-high flush or a boat; sorry, but it is really not very funny
but it is really not very funny
Well, it's funny cause he wasn't in the hand.And nobody lays down a SF, even if it is the low side.
Well, it's funny cause he wasn't in the hand.And nobody lays down a SF, even if it is the low side.
I don't know, I think it's not too difficult to get away from but I understand how it could be called. It's not like the str8 flush for both of them involved 2 of their hole cards. If you are playing in terms of units, and not money, then you can get away from the ignorant end there. Since its quarter/fitty, I understand why you guys would call.But that is not the point...if I wanted some strat opinions I would have posted it there. Just thought it was funny how both peeps had a str8 flush, in blinds vs blinds, and one person got stacked.Sorry to all you nits out there who have zero sense of humor.
I don't know, I think it's not too difficult to get away from but I understand how it could be called. It's not like the str8 flush for both of them involved 2 of their hole cards. If you are playing in terms of units, and not money, then you can get away from the ignorant end there. Since its quarter/fitty, I understand why you guys would call.But that is not the point...if I wanted some strat opinions I would have posted it there. Just thought it was funny how both peeps had a str8 flush, in blinds vs blinds, and one person got stacked.Sorry to all you nits out there who have zero sense of humor.
Yeah.....ha ha......now I get it......that is funny stuff right there......I mean, REALLY funny......like a clown funny.
Yeah.....ha ha......now I get it......that is funny stuff right there......I mean, REALLY funny......like a clown funny.
Sorrydick, I find bad beats to other people humorous.Carry on.Wait, let me put this on quick.tinfoil.jpg
Nice Flame Retarded Suit.
Thanks.I ran out of material to cover my third and fourth chins, respectively.
River: ($1) Theart.gif(2 players)SB bets $3, BB raises to $7, SB raises to $52.45 (All-In), BB calls $38.30 (All-In).
This was the idiot part and what I thought was funny. I understand not folding a str8 flush, but raising your entire stack when all the other guy needed to beat you is the Q of heart, the best play here was to call the $4. I thought this was very, very funny. But then I am also in love with your avatar!
This was the idiot part and what I thought was funny. I understand not folding a str8 flush, but raising your entire stack when all the other guy needed to beat you is the Q of heart, the best play here was to call the $4. I thought this was very, very funny. But then I am also in love with your avatar!
Erm...the SB had the str8 flush.lol @ this whole thread. The SBs overbet on the river was fine. BB will almost always call off with Ah, 7h or a boat. If SB raises less then BB will just flat call. E.g. SB raises another $20, BB will probs just call.Is the BB supposed to fold? Maybe, but it is a tough hand to fold. It is not a 'call every time' and it is not a 'fold every time'. Even tho it is a str8 flush it is still the second nuts. It's like saying you can never fold the Kh on a 4 heart board. I think, in theory, this is a fold for the BB, but I honestly don't believe I could lay it down. I don't think many players could lay it down (DN def couldnt) but in theory, it's prob a fold.
Ah?
Anyone else relate to the BB in this story?I do
me, except i had the 6d on a 789Td board, and lost to the guy with the Jd. i figured he had it, but for $10 or whatever on the table, i wasn't about to fold a straight flush. at worst i get to tell people i drew a 10 high straight flush and lost.anyone else have a hand that good get beat?
Erm...the SB had the str8 flush.lol @ this whole thread. The SBs overbet on the river was fine. BB will almost always call off with Ah, 7h or a boat. If SB raises less then BB will just flat call. E.g. SB raises another $20, BB will probs just call.Is the BB supposed to fold? Maybe, but it is a tough hand to fold. It is not a 'call every time' and it is not a 'fold every time'. Even tho it is a str8 flush it is still the second nuts. It's like saying you can never fold the Kh on a 4 heart board. I think, in theory, this is a fold for the BB, but I honestly don't believe I could lay it down. I don't think many players could lay it down (DN def couldnt) but in theory, it's prob a fold.
Very well said. Good point on the Kh part too. I'm not trying to fight against what everyone is saying just because it is a matter of opinion. But it is not that hard to fold the 7h here. Check the ego's at the door about how "I can never fold a str8 flush." It is still the 2nd nuts and it is an OESF on board.But considering the amount of money being played for, I understand why everyone of you would call. Add some zeroes to the stacks and I bet the decision is a littler more interesting rather than an instacall. That is why I made the reference to units, not dollars.
Very well said. Good point on the Kh part too. I'm not trying to fight against what everyone is saying just because it is a matter of opinion. But it is not that hard to fold the 7h here. Check the ego's at the door about how "I can never fold a str8 flush." It is still the 2nd nuts and it is an OESF on board.But considering the amount of money being played for, I understand why everyone of you would call. Add some zeroes to the stacks and I bet the decision is a littler more interesting rather than an instacall. That is why I made the reference to units, not dollars.
your point was that it's funny - it's notyour argument that it is not an easy call with different stack sizes is ludicrous (not the rapper)there is no way you get away from that hand - if there was cbass1724, you would be pwning poker games everywhere rather than gracing us with your unmitigatedly brilliant comedy theories;
I don't think the shove was THAT bad. The Ace of hearts is probably calling 90% of the time. But, that only matters on the shove if he knew that the other guy had the Ace of hearts. I give the smaller straight flush guy a little credit to his play. The SB would certainly raise to $7 with the Ace of hearts.
your point was that it's funny - it's notyour argument that it is not an easy call with different stack sizes is ludicrous (not the rapper)there is no way you get away from that hand - if there was cbass1724, you would be pwning poker games everywhere rather than gracing us with your unmitigatedly brilliant comedy theories;
Who are you anyway?If you can't get away from the 2nd nuts ever, then YSAP.Go away, please.

The guy is going broke here every time, imo. He isn't getting away from it. And it's not like folding the Kh on a 4h board, that happens much more often than laying down the SF. This would be more like laying down KK preflop, and we all know how that argument goes.