Basketball In Seattle Is Saved!

Orlando with the worst GM move in basketball since Rafael Araujo.A sign and trade with Seattle that gives Lewis $126 million over 6 years. For some reason Orlando's bid of 75 million was matched by nobody at all so they made it 126. If salaries remain stable, in a few years he'll be the highest paid athelete in professional basketball. Its completely unfathomable. Its like giving Lamar Odom 21 million a year. It might even be worse than that. Dwight Howard is awesome and deserves a lot of NBA success so I hope either this works out for them or he leaves. With Portland having a chance to turn it around, Orlando may become the next official cursed franchise. If they can somehow get Shaq and Dwight Howard to walk in the span of a decade it'd be quite a feat.Ridiculous.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sign and trade with Seattle that gives Lewis $126 million over 6 years. For some reason Orlando's bid of 75 million was matched by nobody at all so they made it 126.
A small part of me loves a guy who throws caution to the wind like that.Now what are they going to do with Howard? Don't they have to give him a max deal too? I think Howards worth close to max deal money, but Lewis isnt even close.
A small part of me loves a guy who throws caution to the wind like that.Now what are they going to do with Howard? Don't they have to give him a max deal too? I think Howards worth close to max deal money, but Lewis isnt even close.
I don't even think you can put Howard in the company of the 20 millers:Kevin GarnettAllan IversonShaquille O'NealStephan MarburyPaul PierceRashard Lewis. :club:
Portland bought out Steve Francis, wow... just wow... 30 mil to go away.
Cap relief is very important to teams that are trying to get young (unless you're Orlando then sign Grant Hill and when you're finally out from under the weight of a franchise-crippling contract, do it all over again.)Not to mention nobody wants Francis on their team. Nobody.
Portland bought out Steve Francis, wow... just wow... 30 mil to go away.
Leaving my Blazers with one person on the roster who could score 30 points in 48 minutes, even in an empty gym: Brandon Roy. God I want to crawl under a rock right now. You know every year how one team flirts with not scoring 50 points for a full 4 quarters? I think the Blazers are going to have a few of those 72-53 classics. Taco Bell should just drop sponsorship, Portland ain't dropping 100 at home anytime in the near future..Seriously, look at this lineup:PG-Jarret Jack, Sergio RodriguezSG-Brandon Roy, Martel WebsterSF-Ime Udoka, Travis Outlaw, James JonesPF-Lamarcus Aldrige, Channing Frye, Josh McRobertsC-Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Raef LafrentzI think I can make a case that Sergio Rodriguez is the second best scorer on the team.. siiiiick. Remember, sports gambling degenerates... When my Blazers visit your town.. Take the uuuuuuuuuuuunder. That is all.
As long as SOMEONE is willing to pay either of them max money, that's what it will cost to sign them. Allan Houston is the only case of a team signing a player to a ridiculous max contract with no other intrest from the open market.And no, Billy King doesn't count. He pays complete scrubs 3x market value, but nothing near a max contract situation. He'll give a Greg Buckner or Kevin Ollie type $4-6 mil per for no real reason.

Fresh from ESPN.com:The Magic will announce an $85 million, five-year extension with Howard on Thursday.

Orlando with the worst GM move in basketball since Rafael Araujo.A sign and trade with Seattle that gives Lewis $126 million over 6 years. For some reason Orlando's bid of 75 million was matched by nobody at all so they made it 126. If salaries remain stable, in a few years he'll be the highest paid athelete in professional basketball. Its completely unfathomable. Its like giving Lamar Odom 21 million a year. It might even be worse than that. Dwight Howard is awesome and deserves a lot of NBA success so I hope either this works out for them or he leaves. With Portland having a chance to turn it around, Orlando may become the next official cursed franchise. If they can somehow get Shaq and Dwight Howard to walk in the span of a decade it'd be quite a feat.Ridiculous.
Agreed.Horrible deal, just insane.He was agreeable to the 75 million bid, why throw in another 50 million to sign and trade for him?Idiots
  • 9 months later...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3361608Schultz is sueing the current Sonics owner clay bennet, trying to void the sale, saying that he defrauded schultz, and conned him into believing that Bennet meant to keep the sonics in seattle. He's attempting to get the sale of the sonics overturned, then sell the team to a local group! Can someone in seattle tell me how realistic this law suit is, or is Schultz just doing this to save a little face?