No reads on Villian. Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :D :D 2 folds, CO raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.5, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.Flop: :):D:) ($11, 3 players)SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $8.9, SB folds, CO calls.Turn: :club: ($28.8, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $25, CO calls.River: :D ($78.8, 2 players)CO is all-in $36.75, Hero ?.Results:Final pot: $152.3

No reads on Villian. Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :D :D 2 folds, CO raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.5, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.Flop: :):D:) ($11, 3 players)SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $8.9, SB folds, CO calls.Turn: :club: ($28.8, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets $25, CO calls.River: :D ($78.8, 2 players)CO is all-in $36.75, Hero ?.Results:Final pot: $152.3
Well, I'd say you're behind most of the time, but against an unknown at 0.25/0.5 and with so much money into the pot I wouldn't swear that I am behind more than 1 time in 4 so I'd call and curse him when he turns over QhJh or 99....
I probably would have taken this : C/0 raise to 1, hero raise to 5. as my standard preflop play. flop comes. C/O check, hero bet 15.

how much do you have left? If you have him covered with no reads it seems so much like a flush draw that the guy just wasn't willing to fold. I think calling is breakeven at best. But if you only have 15-20 left you're probably committed.

I donk it off. It's $36 to see a ~$150 pot with AA. This could just as easily be JJ, QQ or KK or a total miss as a flush or set.

This is the problem with awkward stack sizes. Look to the future streets in a hand so that you can size your bets to avoid being faced with bets like this.

This is the problem with awkward stack sizes. Look to the future streets in a hand so that you can size your bets to avoid being faced with bets like this.
So what do you suggest as a line then? Allin on the turn?

All-in on the turn is actually a reasonable move. Overbetting with a strong hand is deceptive. The move will probably get called by hands like JJ and QQ almost every time.What I was getting at was that you've made a bet on the turn that essentially bloats the pot to a size where regardless of what falls on the river, you're going to be committed to call becuase you'll be getting such good odds.I mean, we can't really consider folding the river here becuase we've made the pot so big and he has so few chips left.

All-in on the turn is actually a reasonable move. Overbetting with a strong hand is deceptive. The move will probably get called by hands like JJ and QQ almost every time.What I was getting at was that you've made a bet on the turn that essentially bloats the pot to a size where regardless of what falls on the river, you're going to be committed to call becuase you'll be getting such good odds.I mean, we can't really consider folding the river here becuase we've made the pot so big and he has so few chips left.
The real mistake is not charging a higher price on the flop.
Pot 1/2 pot probably gets called by JJ and QQ cause of the price as well. Though. I guess the logic behind pushing the turn ($60+ into $28) is that we're not offering a flush draw 3.5:1 to catch up since we're calling the river. I don't know though, I liked the betting from the Hero in this hand.
Pot 1/2 pot probably gets called by JJ and QQ cause of the price as well. Though. I guess the logic behind pushing the turn ($60+ into $28) is that we're not offering a flush draw 3.5:1 to catch up since we're calling the river. I don't know though, I liked the betting from the Hero in this hand.
I don't mind the bet, but the fact is that he just can't fold the river after he makes the turn bet. He really needs to be calling on the river everytime here.

Once he called flop, you had to put him on over pair, or flush draw, so bigger bet on turn is better.but if villian has A10 hearts you are just unlucky here.I would lose the maximum here regardless of size of turn bet.Call river

Acid, I do like your thinking about the villians stack size in the future stages. I made the $8.90 bet on the flop because it put the first guy all-in and had I been thinking about the future betting rounds I would have bet more so that I could bet bigger and keep from having a questionable decision on the river. I agree with pushing the turn as an option as well. Thanks for the feedback everyone.