Johnny Chan - World Class Pr*ck

This is a quote from Barry Greenstein on his website...Johnny is one of the few players whose superstitions seem to prevent him from steaming.If he loses a hand, he often asks for a deck change. If he loses with a certain dealer he often takes it personally, sometimes getting into it with him. If he keeps losing, he quits Once he said to me,“I’ve never lost more than two hands with the same deck and I’ve never lost more than three hands with the same dealer.”
Also, the first sentence and the rest of paragraph are pretty contradictory.Nit alert.
Also, the first sentence and the rest of paragraph are pretty contradictory.Nit alert.
There is a difference between anger and tilting, even though they are compliments of each other. You can be angry and not go on tilt. He might have just been pissed on that guy catching on him. However, he wasn't playing on tilt. He probably made a read and went with it. He was right, but it didn't turn out well for him.

and then haralabos volugaris wrote this about the incident on 2+2"I was at the table when this happened and it was so out of line it was ridiculous. You lose a pot big deal move on, he also had a problem a few hands earlier where shot the dealer a dirty look that was also absurd. Bad beats happen all the time and this wasn't even a bad beat, the dude had an overcard and a flush draw. Its amazing this guy has as many bracelets as he does, I have played with him a bunch and he rarely shows any composure at all. "

if you ever read Linda's blog (dealer from the bellagio) johnny Chen is known for being a dink .... also has a rep for not being the most truthful player

And then, there's this:

Sunday, 20th of May 2007 08:24 PMWith the board reading A
:)
:D
J
:icon_dance:
, Paul Wang checked and Jared Hamby bet 15K and got called. With the 8
:club:
river, Wang 9 bet 20.2K and Hamby immediately says "call" and turns over T
for the straight. But Wang had Q
T
for the
nut straight
Hamby - in a fit of tiltiness - flicked the 20.2K of chips right into the middle of the pot. The dealer had to call the floor and, based on several players testifying that the amount was right, agreed to accept that and had the dealer push the pot to Wang 9. Jared Hamby is down to about 90K and is now walking around the tournament area talking to himself.

He's acting like Hellmuth.
if you ever read Linda's blog (dealer from the bellagio) johnny Chen is known for being a dink .... also has a rep for not being the most truthful player
You have a link to Linda's blog?or are you using the 'Chen' to avoid Johnny blowing his stack on you?Thanks in advance! :club:

well okay maybe the johnny chan we see on tv is different than off camera. the guy's short, chubby, and has been known to stutter. maybe he's pissed at himself. maybe he's still pissed at gabe kaplan for calling out his......., "there's johnny modeling his chubby chinese sweater collection" (from HSP season 2)LOL!

I haven't found the Chan stories yet there, but I see there's a search engine, thanks(any specific links would be appreciated, obviously she didn't use his name in her story, or I would have found it by now).Meanwhile, I found a couple of Men the 'Master' blowup stories at:http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/2007/05/...trol/#more-1073but I'm unclear on what " 'peg' a card" means, anyone?DN, you said long ago that Asian players get no respect, so what came first, the lack of respect or the behaviour that deserves no respect? I see a pattern here... kindly elaborate!(hey, the question mark icon is to alert DN to a question. Ha ha, do you think he'll see it?)Someone PM him ... I'm too shy. Tee hee.
but I'm unclear on what " 'peg' a card" means, anyone?
If Chris Ferguson can cut a carrot in half with a playing card, he (or someone else) can cut a dealer. Then the player just says he threw it too hard because he was angry about his bad beat and didn't mean to. Nice, huh?
Asian players get no respect, so what came first, the lack of respect or the behaviour that deserves no respect? I see a pattern here...
Nice. You're going to perpetuate lumping all "Asian Players" into a single category based on a "Pattern" of anecdotes of two players, one Chinese and the other Vietnamese......the reason "they" get no respect is due to something called "Racism"...ever hear of it?

After I beat Johnny Chan heads up for rolls in one hour we can all laugh at that bright shirt man. Then I will give him an autographed photo of my groin. This is what I did to Daniel when we played 500-1000 on FCP and I heard he framed it on his wall.

Nice. You're going to perpetuate lumping all "Asian Players" into a single category based on a "Pattern" of anecdotes of two players, one Chinese and the other Vietnamese......the reason "they" get no respect is due to something called "Racism"...ever hear of it?
WOW, TRY READING COMPREHENSION 101. IT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION.http://www.slantedscreen.comThe articles are interesting, ever visit that site? I would venture to guess we agree on most issues.
There's a huge difference between racism, prejeduce, and awareness of cultural differences.