Johnny Chan - World Class Pr*ck

From the cardplayer.com updates of the Mirage Poker Showdown:Johnny Chan Exits in StyleWith the board showing Q72, Ardovan Yazdi bets out $25,000. Johnny Chan pushes all in and Yazdi makes the call. Chan is holding AK and Yazdi shows A5. The turn is the 7 completing Yazdi's flush and infuriating Chan. Johnny Chan crumples up the K and throws the A across the room. The river is the A and the dealer is forced to ask for a new deck of cards as Johnny Chan storms out of the Mirage poker room. I have heard rumblings for awhile that Chan was a complete @sshole, and have never had any reason to believe so myself, but this is ridiculous. Should a 2 time WSOP champion and 10 time bracelet winner really be conducting himself in this manner?As bad as Hellmuth is I don't believe I've ever heard an account of him destroying the playing cards and holding up play until the dealer can get a fresh deck.Pretty low class for a player the caliber of Chan IMO.....

From the cardplayer.com updates of the Mirage Poker Showdown:Johnny Chan Exits in StyleWith the board showing Q72, Ardovan Yazdi bets out $25,000. Johnny Chan pushes all in and Yazdi makes the call. Chan is holding AK and Yazdi shows A5. The turn is the 7 completing Yazdi's flush and infuriating Chan. Johnny Chan crumples up the K and throws the A across the room. The river is the A and the dealer is forced to ask for a new deck of cards as Johnny Chan storms out of the Mirage poker room. I have heard rumblings for awhile that Chan was a complete @sshole, but have never had any reason to believe so myself, but this is ridiculous. Should a 2 time WSOP champion and 10 time bracelet winner really be conducting himself in this manner?As bad as Hellmuth is I don't believe I've ever heard an account of him destroying the playing cards and holding up play until the dealer can get a fresh deck.Pretty low class for a player the caliber of Chan IMO.....
at least he did'nt fart on the dealer

I definitely LOL'ed at the post, it's just that Chan seems like one of these too-cool-for-school guys whom you never would expect to throw a tantrum like that. It was just surprising when I read it, I never would have expected that from Chan the Man.

From the cardplayer.com updates of the Mirage Poker Showdown:Johnny Chan Exits in StyleWith the board showing Q72, Ardovan Yazdi bets out $25,000. Johnny Chan pushes all in and Yazdi makes the call. Chan is holding AK and Yazdi shows A5. The turn is the 7 completing Yazdi's flush and infuriating Chan. Johnny Chan crumples up the K and throws the A across the room. The river is the A and the dealer is forced to ask for a new deck of cards as Johnny Chan storms out of the Mirage poker room. I have heard rumblings for awhile that Chan was a complete @sshole, and have never had any reason to believe so myself, but this is ridiculous. Should a 2 time WSOP champion and 10 time bracelet winner really be conducting himself in this manner?As bad as Hellmuth is I don't believe I've ever heard an account of him destroying the playing cards and holding up play until the dealer can get a fresh deck.Pretty low class for a player the caliber of Chan IMO.....
So what's worse:Chan crumpling up a card or two and walking away...or these idiots that I hear about getting bad beats online and throwing something or hitting or breaking their computers?
So what's worse:Chan crumpling up a card or two and walking away...or getting a bad beat online and throwing something or hitting or breaking your computer?
Getting a bad beat online and throwing your computer out the window isn't nearly as bad as making a complete ass of yourself in public.Some people, at home or in public....have no self control.
So what's worse:Chan crumpling up a card or two and walking away...or these idiots that I hear about getting bad beats online and throwing something or hitting or breaking their computers?
I threw my mouse against the wall and broke it last week.Damn satellites.

Prack, Preck, Prock, Pruck or Pryck, what are you trying to say?Chan said in his first book that he doesn't go crazy with AK during NL games. I swear that's what he said.

this doesn't sound like chan at all. i wonder if something else was going on that led up to it, like his wife banging the gardener, or his kid coming out of the closet, or losing a few million recently, losing his investment in "Doyle's room"....

this doesn't sound like chan at all. i wonder if something else was going on that led up to it, like his wife banging the gardener, or his kid coming out of the closet, or losing a few million recently, losing his investment in "Doyle's room"....
It was probably his evil twin brother.
you shouldn't always believe what you see on TV, Chan is one of the biggest steamboats around and throws tantrums all the time. Seriously.

This is a quote from Barry Greenstein on his website...Johnny is one of the few players whose superstitions seem to prevent him from steaming. If he loses a hand, he often asks for a deck change. If he loses with a certain dealer he often takes it personally, sometimes getting into it with him. If he keeps losing, he quits. Once he said to me, “I’ve never lost more than two hands with the same deck and I’ve never lost more than three hands with the same dealer.”

Well, with ten bracelets, I just think those guys are not motivated by the same things.Also, they probably are used to the success, they should move onto other things, maybe golf, acting, screenwriting or blackface.

And then, there's this:

Sunday, 20th of May 2007 08:24 PMWith the board reading A
:)
:D
J
:icon_dance:
, Paul Wang checked and Jared Hamby bet 15K and got called. With the 8
:club:
river, Wang 9 bet 20.2K and Hamby immediately says "call" and turns over T
for the straight. But Wang had Q
T
for the
nut straight
Hamby - in a fit of tiltiness - flicked the 20.2K of chips right into the middle of the pot. The dealer had to call the floor and, based on several players testifying that the amount was right, agreed to accept that and had the dealer push the pot to Wang 9. Jared Hamby is down to about 90K and is now walking around the tournament area talking to himself.

This is a quote from Barry Greenstein on his website...Johnny is one of the few players whose superstitions seem to prevent him from steaming. If he loses a hand, he often asks for a deck change. If he loses with a certain dealer he often takes it personally, sometimes getting into it with him. If he keeps losing, he quits. Once he said to me, “I’ve never lost more than two hands with the same deck and I’ve never lost more than three hands with the same dealer.”
Do you have any idea how much leveling Barry does in his player reviews?I'm not making it up about Chan, I've seen it with my eyes