Ok, so it's summertime, and we're all trying to look good in our bikinis. I have five guys who want to do a 2 month bet for motivation/competition/$$$, etc. Has anyone done one of these seriously? The main thing I'm looking for is suggestions on how to even out the weight discrepancy. We have guys from 215lbs, to as high as 350. 3 are in the 240-270 range. 3 of us are 5'11, the two heaviest are 6'3/6'4. Do you think the best way to do this is just % lost? If any of the math guys here could come up with a better formula I'd appreciate it. For that matter, if anyone has any tips to win, I'll take those as well. If you say eat less and exercise, don't worry, those are obviously the first two on the list. I'm a weekend warrior as far as the yay goes, so please keep that obvious suggestion to yourself. No one is getting their stomach stapled either.

Me and two guys in my office did this last month.Halfway through the month when we'd all gained weight we decided to call the thing off and order a pizza.No SW.

I followed the John Daly approved diet plan.Jack Daniels and Marlboro Reds...60lbs in 45 days.

A great way to lose weight is to eat nothing after 6pm
I'm not sleeping until 4 or 5am usually. Do you think 3 hours before bedtime? I've heard that, but have never been able to stick to it with my late night shenanigans. I'll be chilling out on that as well I guess. Those 2 tacos for .99 won't look so appealing. Nikki, I've thought about the Nutri-System, but I think we're looking for something we can sustain after this is done. Let me know how it goes after you're done with it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to adjust to, or from that kind of regimen. The military would have done me good.
I followed the John Daly approved diet plan.Jack Daniels and Marlboro Reds...60lbs in 45 days.
john-daly-golfer.jpgNot the result we're looking for. I've been doing the vodka and camel light thing for years. I'm ready for something different.
Would be a bad idea to just go straight %age as the really fat guys will obviously pwn, must be a better way of working it out.
I thought so to, but I'm lost as to another way. I mean can the 350lb guy really drop 50 pounds in 2 months? I figure 35-40 would be great, and that would be 10% or so. That means the 210 guy is looking at 20-25. If we were only doing it for a couple weeks, he'd have a big edge. But two months will have a plateau or 2 in there. We're hoping even the losers will be happy at the end, but no one wants to just give someone a few hundred each.

I went from 300 to 240 in just under 2 months...just by changing my eating habits, eating alot less, smoking more cigs and drinking alot.I went from 240 to 210 in 3 months more by starting an exercise program.I went from 210 to 177 in 6 months more by walking/jogging/running 2-3 miles a day, stopping smoking, quit drinking, quit smoking dope, swimming, etc.I can now run a 7:20 mile, bench 200, but i still can't play poker....and we all know that THAT'S what counts..lol bragaments

I'm not sleeping until 4 or 5am usually. Do you think 3 hours before bedtime? I've heard that, but have never been able to stick to it with my late night shenanigans. I'll be chilling out on that as well I guess. Those 2 tacos for .99 won't look so appealing. Nikki, I've thought about the Nutri-System, but I think we're looking for something we can sustain after this is done. Let me know how it goes after you're done with it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to adjust to, or from that kind of regimen. The military would have done me good.
So it's very regimented which makes it idiot proof. They even give you a little book to mark down your daily food in. I think what makes it last after you stop ordering the food is the new mentality about portion size and acceptable food options for every day eating. We'll see. I'm traveling nearly all of June and won't be toting my food along, so I'll see if I can keep the weight off and maybe still lose a little when I'm let loose to fend for myself. I expect I'll go back on plan for July and hopefully be done by August. Actually, I really only have 7 more pounds to my goal. Nutrisystem says I can lose nine before I'm not supposed to lose anymore. I'm gonna try to get down below that if possible so I have some wiggle room.

The worst thing you can do is eat less! Your metabolism will really slow down. You want to aim for about 6-7 small meals a day. Never have just carbs by themselves! You want to have some type of protein with every meal. Eating 6-7 small meals a day will speed up your metabolism.If you do cardio, do it in the morning on an empty stomach. You can have meals after 6pm. Just make sure you limit the carbs.

So it's very regimented which makes it idiot proof. They even give you a little book to mark down your daily food in. I think what makes it last after you stop ordering the food is the new mentality about portion size and acceptable food options for every day eating. We'll see. I'm traveling nearly all of June and won't be toting my food along, so I'll see if I can keep the weight off and maybe still lose a little when I'm let loose to fend for myself. I expect I'll go back on plan for July and hopefully be done by August. Actually, I really only have 7 more pounds to my goal. Nutrisystem says I can lose nine before I'm not supposed to lose anymore. I'm gonna try to get down below that if possible so I have some wiggle room.
Well done. Being able to adjust to proper portions does make sense. Saying it's idiot proof would put a bit of pressure on me! I guess the men's ads turned me off. It was all ex-athletes who were 30 pounds from looking like their playing days. There's a certain amount of discipline and focus you need to succeed in sports, and have a long career. I figured it wouldn't be too tough for them to turn it back on for a while, and getting a nice check to do it. I couldn't relate. I'm going to use your avatar for motivation. I want to look that good in short shorts damnit. Continued success.
The worst thing you can do is eat less! Your metabolism will really slow down. You want to aim for about 6-7 small meals a day. Never have just carbs by themselves! You want to have some type of protein with every meal. Eating 6-7 small meals a day will speed up your metabolism.If you do cardio, do it in the morning on an empty stomach. You can have meals after 6pm. Just make sure you limit the carbs.
I'm definitely focused on eating more small meals. I usually don't eat until a few hours after I wake up, and then load up 6 or 7 hours after that. I just have to keep from eating my cereal and any other breakfast food as a snack before I go to bed. Does anyone know anything about diet soda? I never drink regular soda, but will burn through a bunch of diet throughout the day. Yes, I order the doubleQP meal, with the diet coke. Does the caffeine, sodium, or god knows what else they put in it hinder weight loss somehow? A link would nice. Please nothing from the "What they don't want you to know!!!!!!!" guy. I read a couple hundred pages of that book and had to return it. Exclamation points and caps throughout the whole thing. I'd never read a book that made my ears hurt before.
I'm definitely focused on eating more small meals. I usually don't eat until a few hours after I wake up, and then load up 6 or 7 hours after that. I just have to keep from eating my cereal and any other breakfast food as a snack before I go to bed. Does anyone know anything about diet soda? I never drink regular soda, but will burn through a bunch of diet throughout the day. Yes, I order the doubleQP meal, with the diet coke. Does the caffeine, sodium, or god knows what else they put in it hinder weight loss somehow? A link would nice. Please nothing from the "What they don't want you to know!!!!!!!" guy. I read a couple hundred pages of that book and had to return it. Exclamation points and caps throughout the whole thing. I'd never read a book that made my ears hurt before.
Do you have any type of supplement stores around? There are healthy puddings you can buy. You can have protein drink before you go to bed at night which taste very good! they definately help with my sweet tooth. Diet soda is not bad for you. I would drink more than two a day! There is aspartame and acesulfame k in them which will not be good for you if you drink too many a day for too long. Sodium will not hurt as long as long as you dont drink to many a day.

i've always been sickly skinny so take what i say for what it is.my best friend is 5' 10" and went from 210 to 145 is less than a year doing atkins. no exercise, no healthy shakes, no staples. just meat and diet coke. and when his weight didn't decline as fast, he just went on a 3 day carb binge and then gave em up again.then he told other friends about it and they slimmed down as fast as he did.i don't know about the health implications or anything of that nature, but if i needed to win a weight loss bet zero carb would be the first thing i would look into.and lb% should be the way to go. goodluck.

Go for a long cardio workout first thing in the morning before you have anything to eat. It is the most effecient way to lose fat w/ minimal muscle mass loss. Do that along w/ strippers and blow and you'll be looking like Iggy Pop in no time.

I've had great success with a low carbohydrate diet -- which is known to yield a quick weight loss. I eat as much as I want, whenever I want -- just not carbohydrates. Not only did the weight come off easily, but my cholesterol also improved even though I eat plenty of beef, sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. My doctor is thrilled with me.I've now slowed down my weight loss, incorporating some high fiber, low glycemic index carbs in my diet. I'm still losing weight, but more slowly than before. But for the long term, this more moderate version of a low-carb diet is sustainable for the rest of my life. As I recently became diabetic, I'll have to eat low-carbs forever.

I'm going to use your avatar for motivation. I want to look that good in short shorts damnit. Continued success.
Awww....

Don't go on any special diets (like atkins, etc.), all you have to do is eat healthy (good foods, small portions, approx. 6 meals a day) and exercise. There's no secret to losing weight, it's simply burning off more calories than you consume.

I don't get why they always do these things by %loss in weight. It should be %decrease in BODY FAT. You can work out, eat better, and stay around the same weight, yet get toned down. Muscle weighs more than fat.

my best friend is 5' 10" and went from 210 to 145 is less than a year doing atkins. no exercise, no healthy shakes, no staples. just meat and diet coke. and when his weight didn't decline as fast, he just went on a 3 day carb binge and then gave em up again.then he told other friends about it and they slimmed down as fast as he did.
Yea, you slim down on the atkins diet, but it's bad for your health in the long run. You NEED carbs, just as you need fats and everything else, you just need everything in moderation.