First 5 minutes online" http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...knight-the.htmlHaven't watched it yet, but I'm going to.
Another five minutes from the movie. The quality isn't that good so I'm not going to watch it. Only a couple more days anyways: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=82c_1216213563
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Batman: Gotham Knight...which I guess was essentially the Animatrix version of Batman. The first short's character animation was quite ugly, but the rest were pretty decent. I especially liked the last two shorts.

Some of the reviews are hilarious, I wonder how these people get paid to review movies. It seems New York film critics tend to be giving it the worst reviews, maybe because all the behind the scenes stuff seems to point at them focusing more on Chicago as the city they used for the design of Gotham. Who knows... This review made me about piss myself...

The Dark Knight takes up where it left off, but if it’s a follow-up that introduces a comprehensive sociopath called the Joker, then how do you explain the fact that the Joker made his debut years ago as Jack Nicholson? It’s just one of the things that makes no sense, but hey-ho, since when did Batman and logic morph?
Apparently he missed the memo that Batman Begins was the relaunching of the franchise and none of the other movies play into its continuity. Idiot.
Some of the reviews are hilarious, I wonder how these people get paid to review movies. It seems New York film critics tend to be giving it the worst reviews, maybe because all the behind the scenes stuff seems to point at them focusing more on Chicago as the city they used for the design of Gotham. Who knows... This review made me about piss myself...
Yeah when I read writing like that I am amazed that he and I live in the same universe. It is almost as if he has no concept of fiction in general.
Batman Begins, with its surreal and mystical mumbo jumbo about playboy Bruce Wayne’s beginnings, remains the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen
Stopped reading here. What a twat.
Just got my tickets for the midnight show. I've never gone to a movie at midnight, but I'm pretty excited.
What? Never been to a midnight show? That's where I got my first "handy".And I'm not going until Saturday so if you say anything about it..... I'll find you.
What? Never been to a midnight show? That's where I got my first "handy".And I'm not going until Saturday so if you say anything about it..... I'll find you.
Well...I heard that Ledger is supposed to be amazing in this movie.

WOW. That was a fantastic movie. It's currently ranked #4 in imdb's top 250 (though it probably won't remain there). Without giving away any spoilers, here's what I have to say: Obviously Heath Ledger was amazing. The crowd in the theater drew their breath whenever he appeared. There was one scene (this isn't a spoiler) where the Joker is video-taping a hostage, and it was amazing. The scene was awesome. I think Aaron Eckhart was also great. Everyone expected Heath to steal the show, and he did, but Eckhart did as well. His performance was very unforgettable. This was a great movie, and the 2 and a half hours flew by, but I think it would be boring to watch a second time.

WOW. That was a fantastic movie. It's currently ranked #4 in imdb's top 250 (though it probably won't remain there). Without giving away any spoilers, here's what I have to say: Obviously Heath Ledger was amazing. The crowd in the theater drew their breath whenever he appeared. There was one scene (this isn't a spoiler) where the Joker is video-taping a hostage, and it was amazing. The scene was awesome. I think Aaron Eckhart was also great. Everyone expected Heath to steal the show, and he did, but Eckhart did as well. His performance was very unforgettable. This was a great movie, and the 2 and a half hours flew by, but I think it would be boring to will watch it a second time.
Everything you say is true, it was a great movie. I corrected the end of your statement to completely match my own feelings. While I do not think it will have the same "OMG AMAZING MOVIE" effect the second time, I feel like there are many smaller details I could pick up on that I may have overlooked while I was drooling during the first viewing.

Just for now I am going to put all my questions in spoilers, and hopefully people more knowledgeable on Batman in general can help me out.1.

How do these movies correlate to past movies? I ask this because the creation and destruction of Dent's other side (Two-Face) all occurred in this movie (So we think....they obviously made him SEEM dead). Two-Face has been in movies in the past, so where do past movies fit in with this movie?

Did anyone see Scarecrow in the movie? He is listed as a character in the credits, but I don't remember seeing him. I'm sure I'll pick up on it the second time around.

Still, this movie lived up to all it's hype. The crowd was electric (which didn't hurt) making the atmosphere even more enjoyable. Ledger was just flat-out creepy, which made it all that much more enjoyable. So many times I caught myself dropping my jaw at the darkness of the movie, something most the other Batman's have missed on. I can only hope there will be more to come.

Best one of the series by far. Scarecrow was in 2 scenes, and he was the guy that Dent first took hostage before he was 2 face. It happens kind of quick, when Batman says his name and the fact that he is an escaped mental patient it barely registers. He also was near the start, selling some type of new drug a dealer is not happy with. None of that is a spoiler in anyway, it matters zero to the plot. I will say this, Ledger is the best thing on the big screen so far this year and it's not even close.

I absolutely loved the film, the shots were amazing, a complicated and driven thriller that shows a different side to the batman that was set up in the first. I thought Ledger stole the show, he was terrifying and if he doesn't at least get nominated for an oscar then I think it's a real shame. Very unfortunate that the media decided to have a field day on rumors that Heath "stayed in character off screen to the extent of fears for his mental health". The action scenes were fast paced and vividly shot. Didn't quite understand why two face was in the film, surely this will make it hard for them in future in terms of keeping it fresh but still, very impressive. Graphic effects on the face also, cringe worthy.9/10 - I definitely recommend that you see it, there is something for everybody in this film.p.s I work at a cinema complex in Australia, we were issued with night vision goggles on the day of release (tuesday) to ensure that nobody was filming a copy, the build up has been huge here. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.

How do these movies correlate to past movies? I ask this because the creation and destruction of Dent's other side (Two-Face) all occurred in this movie (So we think....they obviously made him SEEM dead). Two-Face has been in movies in the past, so where do past movies fit in with this movie?

Christopher Nolan's Batman films (Batman Begins & The Dark Knight) have absolutely nothing to do with any previous Batman films. It's a complete relaunching of the film franchise.
Christopher Nolan's Batman films (Batman Begins & The Dark Knight) have absolutely nothing to do with any previous Batman films. It's a complete relaunching of the film franchise.
Do any of the movie series follow the comic book in any real way?
Considering how many times the comics have been redone that's a hard question to answer. I suggest watching the behind the scenes stuff on the collectors edition DVD of Batman Begins. They talk about some specific examples of story lines they used from certain issues of comics and how they changed them.
In the trivia section of the movie on imdb, it has a couple of specific comic book references that influences story lines in the film.
Best one of the series by far. Scarecrow was in 2 scenes, and he was the guy that Dent first took hostage before he was 2 face. It happens kind of quick, when Batman says his name and the fact that he is an escaped mental patient it barely registers. He also was near the start, selling some type of new drug a dealer is not happy with. None of that is a spoiler in anyway, it matters zero to the plot. I will say this, Ledger is the best thing on the big screen so far this year and it's not even close.
The first scene you mention is incorrect. That was not Scarecrow who Dent was threatening with the gun before Batman intervened. While he does look similar to him, that is not him. Dent's hostage is just some random inmate that escaped from Arkham in Batman Begins who is a paranoid schizophrenic. The name Batman mentioned was not Ichobad Crane. The only scene he appears in is the second one that you mention, where apparently he was selling drugs laced with his fear toxin, presumably in an effort to scare drug users straight. Which brings me to my major question that I was left with in the movie: Why the hell was Scarecrow running around with a crew of fake Batmen trying to bust drug dealers? What prompted him, with his deranged mind, to pursue vigilante justice in his own way? Granted this is extremely minor in terms of the plot of the movie as a whole, but I was in shock that he was doing it.
The first scene you mention is incorrect. That was not Scarecrow who Dent was threatening with the gun before Batman intervened. While he does look similar to him, that is not him. Dent's hostage is just some random inmate that escaped from Arkham in Batman Begins who is a paranoid schizophrenic. The name Batman mentioned was not Ichobad Crane. The only scene he appears in is the second one that you mention, where apparently he was selling drugs laced with his fear toxin, presumably in an effort to scare drug users straight. Which brings me to my major question that I was left with in the movie: Why the hell was Scarecrow running around with a crew of fake Batmen trying to bust drug dealers? What prompted him, with his deranged mind, to pursue vigilante justice in his own way? Granted this is extremely minor in terms of the plot of the movie as a whole, but I was in shock that he was doing it.
He's crazy?

Really, really good. I heard a couple critisms that the movie was too long and too "frantic". Well, it is long, and it is frantic, and it is absolutely awesome. Very Dark. I wish I hadn't seen the watchman trailer yesterday, as seeing it in the theater today without fore knowledge would have been awesome..

One thing that shocked me was that the joker lived, and that two face died. I figured that they'd be setting two face up for sequel. I guess they'd planned to set the joker up for sequels.. I wonder if they'd dare cast a new joker, after this amazing performance.

watchmen
fyp haha

So I was wondering the same thing with Two Face and I couldn't tell if he was really dead or not. Coulda just been like the Begins with the two villians (Ra's and Scarecrow)