Boycott Starbucks

Go back and take a photo of it...I want to see it.
This is a great post. I'd lay odds that the sign actually reads:We Don't Support the WarWe Do Support the Troops
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ORLY?

you'd have lots of superfluous u's around.

i've never been to starbucks. true story.

Posted Images

This is a great post. I'd lay odds that the sign actually reads:We Don't Support the WarWe Do Support the Troops
Brain Oil?
I was thinking you meant more the metaphorical house foundation sort of thing.. My point is this... A) the American Revolution was a bunch of elites founding an elitist society in breaking from the elitist british society. While the principals it was founded on were more enlightened than Brittain's government, they government they formed was hardly democratic. Only male landholders could vote, and there were slaves, for christs sake. It's the French Revolution that started the ball rolling for democratization of Europe. If the American Revolution never would have happened, Britain still would have democratized, they were well on their way down that road to begun with, and the American states more than likely would have suffered the same, horrible fate that Australia and Canada did.. that is.. becoming free and democratic societies. The French Revolution was the first time that the people, the actual common, poor people, had any power what so ever... it was the French Revolution, and it's implication, IE the mobilization and revolutionary potential of the lower classes, that forced European States, and the United States, into becoming more democratic and extending rights to all citizens, not just the elite. The revolutionary potential of the lower classes, and the fear that it caused, were inevitable... I'll do a little SAT to illustrate my point.. The French Revolution is to Christ as The American Revolution is to John the Baptist.. IE an incidental fortelling of a greater movement. The American Revolution just looks much bigger to us now that it was to the world at the time because A) it's our history, so it always going to seem more important that it is globally to us and B) of what the American Revolution eventually turned into.. IE the most powerful country in the world.. it was far, far from having that kind of importance when Western Europe Democratized.
I agree with the majority of this post. I especially liked the John the Baptist analogy... well done. I disagree however with your presupposition that the American Revolution had basically no influence on the French Revolution. While you may not say it.. your entire point is to drastically downplay any effect that the American Rev. had on the world. I think that's completely false. The fact that the country was built on a system that could inherently improve itself was revolutionary. The French Revolution was just as influenced by the American Revolution as the Americans were by the French, in your argument.
Cant link sources but if want I can send you some books about the war and some copies of old newspaper clippings that my grandfather had. I think I still have some books around from college days that has all the info you want. I will look on here to see if i can find them online for yea.
Thanks, but no need to mail stuff. I'm a librarian, so I suppose I should use my finely honed research skills to learn a thing or two.
But Germany was even stupider. It's not like germany didn't have historical lessons about what fighting a war with Russia meant. They advanced so far beyond their supply lines, it made no sense at all... Live by the crazy, charismatic dictator, you die by it, I suppose.
That's what I (and by "I" I mean Eddie Izzard) said Hitler never played Risk as a kid.
I agree with the majority of this post. I especially liked the John the Baptist analogy... well done. I disagree however with your presupposition that the American Revolution had basically no influence on the French Revolution. While you may not say it.. your entire point is to drastically downplay any effect that the American Rev. had on the world. I think that's completely false. The fact that the country was built on a system that could inherently improve itself was revolutionary. The French Revolution was just as influenced by the American Revolution as the Americans were by the French, in your argument.
I think the educated elite of the french revolution read the same philosophers as the founding fathers did.. and i think the American Rev did have influence... but my point is the social/economic/political forces in europe were much much bigger, and I don't think the Am. Rev or lack thereof would have made THAT much difference... i think it just sped the process along.
That's what I (and by "I" I mean Eddie Izzard) said Hitler never played Risk as a kid.
That's what I ( and by "I" I mean Vizzini) Said that He fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is never get into a land war in asia
That's what I ( and by "I" I mean Vizzini) Said that He fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is never get into a land war in asia
I do not think this means what you think it means.
What about Sicillains? Should I go against them with death is on the line?
Brain Oil?
I don't know what this means.

I was at work today and stopped in with my camera. I didnt see the sign, and i asked the worker at the register about it. She said there had been some big thing withone of the customers. Also that the manager was away for 2 days and one of the other workers had put it up on the little bulliten board there and that it was taken down because it was without permission.So not too much, and obv thats not the stance of Starbucks Corporate.So i picked up an orange mocha latte and went to work...i didnt like it (the latte).

I was at work today and stopped in with my camera. I didnt see the sign, and i asked the worker at the register about it. She said there had been some big thing withone of the customers. Also that the manager was away for 2 days and one of the other workers had put it up on the little bulliten board there and that it was taken down because it was without permission.So not too much, and obv thats not the stance of Starbucks Corporate.So i picked up an orange mocha latte and went to work...i didnt like it (the latte).
The were giving away free samples of those at the starbucks i was in today that's in the grocery store next to my office.they were okay.
Well there ya go. Now back to discussing Japanese imperialism in the 1940s...
Timing = A+Phrasing = A+Overall Score = A+I LOL'd.
My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could be most aptly described as agrarian precapitalist.
My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities, especially in the southern colonies, could be most aptly described as agrarian precapitalist.
Yeah, Jones..page 355 paragraph 2, yeah i read that one too.
I "support" them, too, in that I pay their salary. "Moral support" is worthless. I'll be in there as soon as there's an actual threat, and I feel that I can better service myself by defending myself than by providing useful, less murderous services, in exchange for money.Aside from the pointless nature of the war, I will never feel indebted to servicemen, because they're being paid to do what they do. They weren't drafted, they said, "college or get shot at? Get shot at." The dude who changes my oil's job sucks, but I don't "support" him. It's his job. Anyone want to thank me for my noble work? Everyone is doing "their part" to keep society going. It's not an act of charity.
Congratulations, that is easily the most ignorant statement I have read on FCP in the two years I've been on here. AINEC