Boycott Starbucks

Irony is easy to define! It's like... rain on your wedding day... it's a free ride.. when you've already paid.
It's like a hundred spoons, when all you need is a fork...Man I love that song.
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ORLY?

you'd have lots of superfluous u's around.

i've never been to starbucks. true story.

Posted Images

I boycott Starbucks because they had a quote for the day to inspire 'discussions' which said God was a figment of the imagination and praying is a waste of time.That was a corporate decision, and if they think they can do that without consequenses, they need to learn.There now all you starbucks hating liberals can struggle over the desicion if you want to not support a huge corporation that exploits coffee pickers for giant bonus programs for it's executives, or buy thier coffe because you want to support their mocking of most of the American people's beliefsBut I had a good laugh that truck drivers are better for this country than soldiers....only a liberal could be that dumb. And they could never have met many truck drivers.I support the troops by buying soldiers cigars when they come into the ciagr store I hang out at, donating money and stuff to care packages that are sent to the troops, and financial donations to Wounded Warriors. Also I give extra care in telling soldiers thank you when I see them. Last time I thanked a truck driver it was for bathing. You can also help a family who's soldier is away. Or put a yellow sticker on your car soi that the families of soldiers can see that you think highly of them. Small things can go a long way.You don't support the troops when you try to classify them as too dumb to make it in the real world. When you deride them while you sit back and enjoy the luxuries of securities around the world because of a large US military presence.When you act like they are shooting people because they like it.And when you deny them the honor they deseve, because you are a parasite that only takes from this country and give nothing back.And I would bet none of you would "not support the troops' in their presence. You know you wouldn't have the stones.Keep hiding behind the internet and be the tough intellectual person you keep pretending you are. The real world is doing fine without you.

I boycott Starbucks because they had a quote for the day to inspire 'discussions' which said God was a figment of the imagination and praying is a waste of time.That was a corporate decision, and if they think they can do that without consequenses, they need to learn.There now all you starbucks hating liberals can struggle over the desicion if you want to not support a huge corporation that exploits coffee pickers for giant bonus programs for it's executives, or buy thier coffe because you want to support their mocking of most of the American people's beliefsBut I had a good laugh that truck drivers are better for this country than soldiers....only a liberal could be that dumb. And they could never have met many truck drivers.I support the troops by buying soldiers cigars when they come into the ciagr store I hang out at, donating money and stuff to care packages that are sent to the troops, and financial donations to Wounded Warriors. Also I give extra care in telling soldiers thank you when I see them. Last time I thanked a truck driver it was for bathing. You can also help a family who's soldier is away. Or put a yellow sticker on your car soi that the families of soldiers can see that you think highly of them. Small things can go a long way.You don't support the troops when you try to classify them as too dumb to make it in the real world. When you deride them while you sit back and enjoy the luxuries of securities around the world because of a large US military presence.When you act like they are shooting people because they like it.And when you deny them the honor they deseve, because you are a parasite that only takes from this country and give nothing back.And I would bet none of you would "not support the troops' in their presence. You know you wouldn't have the stones.Keep hiding behind the internet and be the tough intellectual person you keep pretending you are. The real world is doing fine without you.
God damn that was inspiring... where's my recruiter.Just out of curiosity, any of your kids in the armed services?
God damn that was inspiring... where's my recruiter.Just out of curiosity, any of your kids in the armed services?
ooopsfuture son in lawnavy....nuke school ( high intelligence ). Good thing because his uncle-to-be is a two star so he might get a few benefits.That all you got? I was hoping for a little more fun mocking your stupid ideas, but you give me no joy ( military aviation term )
ooopsfuture son in lawnavy....nuke school ( high intelligence ). Good thing because his uncle-to-be is a two star so he might get a few benefits.That all you got? I was hoping for a little more fun mocking your stupid ideas, but you give me no joy ( military aviation term )
No, it's not all I got by a long shot.. I don't think you bothered to read my posts, and I know you didn't understand them, and you can't.. not because of a lack of intelligence (because you're alot of things, but stupid isn't one of them) but from an absolutely entrenched world view. Your future son-in-law is an excellent example of virtually everything I have said and implied in this post. Nuclear weapons are vital to our national interests, and are the reason we are not invaded.. I fully support the united states having them, I fully support US research and development of ever increasingly more sophisticated weapons. Your son-in-law is obviously highly intelligent, and has been highly educated, and I would wager a guess comes from at least a middle class back ground. His military work is vital to our country. However, I doubt your future son will ever be put in a combat position. I doubt he'll ever been in the line of fire in iraq or anyplace else.. he's too highly trained and too valuable.. he is not the one who is throwing his life away to beat up on countries who pose no military threat to us... I have sympathy for people who, because of poverty, have no other choice than to go to the armed services. But I will not contribute to the myth making of the great sacrifice of the american soilder so that more people buy into these myths and lies, and die for nothing.
And when you deny them the honor they deseve, because you are a parasite that only takes from this country and give nothing back.
Because planning bar mitzvahs is such a noble service to our country.
Irony is easy to define! It's like... rain on your wedding day... it's a free ride.. when you've already paid.Isn't that post ironic.. don't you think?
A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think.
It's like a hundred spoons, when all you need is a fork...Man I love that song.
I used to hate this thread but now I've decided to turn my unfounded hate on you. You can love Alanis Morissette all you want. Admittedly, she has done a few really good pieces of music. You cannot, however, love that song and have a credible opinion of music or a credible definition of irony.Of course I kid. About the hate part. The rest is all true.
No but doing the Superbowl half time show twice was very supporting since they broadcast it live to our troops overseas.As well as employing 8 people with full time jobs, spending about $600K a year keeping my business afloat, which helps spur the economy, buying new vehicles, single handily supporting 27 families of cigar rollers in the Dominican Republic, etc.Don't try to compare you to me, you will lose. Stick to your theories you learned from college profs that smoke pot.And the future son-in-law is going nuke engines, either subs or aircraft carriers, the ultimate projection of force ever known to the world( that means he will probably go into harms way, just like the college educated airmen, and marine officers that lead ). It was my father that worked ICBMs. Ahh the good old Peace Keeper.
Don't try to compare you to me, you will lose. Stick to your theories you learned from college profs that smoke pot.
hehehe, Donald Southerland, Animal House: "Let's draw the shades first."
hehehe, Donald Southerland, Animal House: "Let's draw the shades first."
So you're saying that we are just a speck on the fingernail of some giant cosmic being....That would mean that there is a whole universe on my fingernail...Far OutBeen too long to quote it exactly
No but doing the Superbowl half time show twice was very supporting since they broadcast it live to our troops overseas.As well as employing 8 people with full time jobs, spending about $600K a year keeping my business afloat, which helps spur the economy, buying new vehicles, single handily supporting 27 families of cigar rollers in the Dominican Republic, etc.Don't try to compare you to me, you will lose. Stick to your theories you learned from college profs that smoke pot.And the future son-in-law is going nuke engines, either subs or aircraft carriers, the ultimate projection of force ever known to the world( that means he will probably go into harms way, just like the college educated airmen, and marine officers that lead ). It was my father that worked ICBMs. Ahh the good old Peace Keeper.
I didn't compare you to me.. just stating that it's not like your work is vital to the nations survival. Not like, say.. truckdrivers.. if the united states suddenly split into two realities, one that had no truck drivers, and one that had no party planners, which country do you think would be better off?As for being in harms way, luckily for you and your daughter, there are few places he could be that are safer than on a submarine or aircraft carrier.. unless we got into a total war with china or russia.. which is about as likely as me signing up for the infantry.
So you're saying that we are just a speck on the fingernail of some giant cosmic being....That would mean that there is a whole universe on my fingernail...Far OutBeen too long to quote it exactly
totally cosmicCosmic_Silence_w_edition.jpg
i've never been to starbucks. true story.
Not everything at starbucks sucks, I'll admit that.. their green tea smoothie thing is really delicious. If you find yourself in a situation where you must go there ( IE trying to screw a girl who works there, or a girl you're trying to screw loves starbucks, ect..) stick with their frozen drinks.
Not everything at starbucks sucks, I'll admit that.. their green tea smoothie thing is really delicious. If you find yourself in a situation where you must go there ( IE trying to screw a girl who works there, or a girl you're trying to screw loves starbucks, ect..) stick with their frozen drinks.
Will do.
I used to hate this thread but now I've decided to turn my unfounded hate on you. You can love Alanis Morissette all you want. Admittedly, she has done a few really good pieces of music. You cannot, however, love that song and have a credible opinion of music or a credible definition of irony.
I misquoted the lyrics on purpose and was soooooooooo kidding about liking the song :club:
Me either. We just got one some months ago and I've just never went.
Holy Crap! Norton Fan! I thought you were dead! Tiger Island needs you.. hell.. I need you.. glad to have you back!
I didn't compare you to me.. just stating that it's not like your work is vital to the nations survival. Not like, say.. truckdrivers.. if the united states suddenly split into two realities, one that had no truck drivers, and one that had no party planners, which country do you think would be better off?As for being in harms way, luckily for you and your daughter, there are few places he could be that are safer than on a submarine or aircraft carrier.. unless we got into a total war with china or russia.. which is about as likely as me signing up for the infantry.
Trains can replace trucks, then smaller Dodge Sprinters can finish the delivery. And conductors take baths on every Satuday, which is 4 times more than some of the truckers I met during my two years running a shipping receiving office.Trains can't replace party planners.I work for alot of party planners, and you can only replace them with real estate agents that failed at real estate during the 2000-2003 boom, or nazis with debt.Yea those aircraft carriers are safest place in the world when the bad guys want to kill you, what with them sailing into danger spots and such, and submarines... they've always been safe.Do yourself a favor and don't make stupid comments, then you can spend less time explaining why you were 'right' about the things you are wrong about, which only makes you look desperate and childish.If you don't like the war, whatever, say it loud and proud. Al Queda appreciates your service to the cause.If you don't like the troops, say it to their face like a man, don't hide behind your wannabe intellectual knowedge of military might and the projection of power in a global scaled economy. You know little to nothing about the military and your ignorance is painful to watch.I'd rather hang out with with the dumbest marine then a liberal idiot that thinks they understand what the military really is. McNamara should have been a clue that intellectual touchy feely solutions are what commnist called useful idiots in the real world."Making them hate us more because we're in Iraq"...wow, glad they only hated us a little when they brought down the 6 towers.... :club:
I misquoted the lyrics on purpose and was soooooooooo kidding about liking the song :club:
Irony ?Many of the posts in this thread make me really sad. I hope the many servicemen/women who are members of this forum never see it.
Irony ?Many of the posts in this thread make me really sad. I hope the many servicemen/women who are members of this forum never see it.
According to McGee and All_In they probably can't read. Glad they can drive tanks though...
Why are liberals always closet anti-semites?
Trains can replace trucks, then smaller Dodge Sprinters can finish the delivery. And conductors take baths on every Satuday, which is 4 times more than some of the truckers I met during my two years running a shipping receiving office.Trains can't replace party planners.I work for alot of party planners, and you can only replace them with real estate agents that failed at real estate during the 2000-2003 boom, or nazis with debt.Yea those aircraft carriers are safest place in the world when the bad guys want to kill you, what with them sailing into danger spots and such, and submarines... they've always been safe.Do yourself a favor and don't make stupid comments, then you can spend less time explaining why you were 'right' about the things you are wrong about, which only makes you look desperate and childish.If you don't like the war, whatever, say it loud and proud. Al Queda appreciates your service to the cause.If you don't like the troops, say it to their face like a man, don't hide behind your wannabe intellectual knowedge of military might and the projection of power in a global scaled economy. You know little to nothing about the military and your ignorance is painful to watch.I'd rather hang out with with the dumbest marine then a liberal idiot that thinks they understand what the military really is. McNamara should have been a clue that intellectual touchy feely solutions are what commnist called useful idiots in the real world."Making them hate us more because we're in Iraq"...wow, glad they only hated us a little when they brought down the 6 towers.... :club:
So, just out of curiosity, how many combat causualites do you suppose there have been on submarines and aircraft carriers since ww2 ( I don't mean the jet pilots, of course, I mean casualites to men stationed on the carrier, like your son) ? He'll be in much greater danger when he's boat is in port than he will be at sea... or the drive to the military base. Are you really trying to compare the danger your son in law will be in with an infantryman in iraq? Really? Really really? and you call me an idiot. You blather on and on about liberal idiocy, and then pass out cigars, patting servicemen on the back, while you send them to die for fcking nothing, and you deride me because I refuse to go along with your con job. This is "honoring our servicemen?" How about not sending them into foreign wars that do nothing to promote our national defense in the first place... all honors are worthless on a casket, they only alievate the guilt of the living.