Boycott Starbucks

Also, I love how people trot out the Revolutionary war.. what would have happened if our troops wouldn't have fought in that, and thrown off the oppressive, tyrannical yoke of the..... Brittish.. oh, I don't know, we might drink more tea and have national healthcare.
Second most ignorant thing I've read on FCP in the two years I've been here.Damn, this thread is on a roll!
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ORLY?

you'd have lots of superfluous u's around.

i've never been to starbucks. true story.

Posted Images

Our need for a standing military (the size we can argue about, but I will gladly support the concept of a robust military) is just as much a component of defense as it is of offense.Since we don't operate on a Switzerland or Israel model (where every male citizen is a member of the militia) our need for a standing, professional military is a necessary component of self defense given that a necessary component of any conflict (be it offensive or defensive in nature) is a ground force. This idea that we can just lob missiles and send in Jets to win wars is precisely what loses wars and that idea is the arena of idealistic, inexperienced minds. At present, the chance that we're going to be invaded by a foreign power is next to nil. No one disagrees with that. With that said, as long as adversaries maintain standing armies that very well may be mobilized to attack us or our interests, we must do the same, not in consort, but to a greater degree.Classic example: Israel learned a hard lesson when they neglected artillery, thinking that "all we need is planes".In a sense, they were right. In the Yom Kippur war, they basically decimated their adversaries air capacity and maintained air superiority for the duration of the conflict, however, they paid a massive toll when their ground forces were all but overwhelmed in certain battles by superior Arab divisions.Examples like this can be cited throughout history; where civilizations spent more money building bridges than they did securing their fences and wound up wishing they hadn't. I completely agree that we are at the point where we need to streamline our fighting structure, but the prevailing leftist mantra of "CUT MILITARY SPENDING" is only circumstantially valid, as opposed to being an entirely legitimate, all-encompassing philosophy. PotandKettleweb.gif
I've quoted this post from scram but could have quoted any/all of them to give kudos for one of the best things I've read on FCP in the two + years I've been here.I love you man.
Congratulations, that is easily the most ignorant statement I have read on FCP in the two years I've been on here. AINEC
You say everything, yet you say nothing...Thanks for the contribution?
Congratulations, that is easily the most ignorant statement I have read on FCP in the two years I've been on here. AINEC
Calling someone ignorant is one of those easy thing to say at the end of an argument to make it sound like you won, just like calling them a racist.
Second most ignorant thing I've read on FCP in the two years I've been here.Damn, this thread is on a roll!
try not to learn history from mel gibson movies. If there would have been no revolutionary war, the USA would have, almost certainly, would have turned out like those facist enemies of freedom Australia and Canada
try not to learn history from mel gibson movies. If there would have been no revolutionary war, the USA would have, almost certainly, would have turned out like those facist enemies of freedom Australia and Canada
you'd have lots of superfluous u's around.
  • Like 1
I've quoted this post from scram but could have quoted any/all of them to give kudos for one of the best things I've read on FCP in the two + years I've been here.I love you man.
You, Flushgarden and scram should start a club.
Oh the horror!!!!It would suck to have to play 1/2 NL with that stupid 100 max all the time.

I was at Starbuck's for a few hours today reading, and I had long since finished the drink that I was drinking. Either somebody made the wrong drink or somebody failed to claim a drink, but for no reason other than the fact that I was there I was given a free drink by a worker there (barista...?). In conclusion, I love Starbuck's because they sometimes give me free stuff.

I was at Starbuck's for a few hours today reading, and I had long since finished the drink that I was drinking. Either somebody made the wrong drink or somebody failed to claim a drink, but for no reason other than the fact that I was there I was given a free drink by a worker there (barista...?). In conclusion, I love Starbuck's because they sometimes give me free stuff.
He was trying to get you to get in his pants.
I think they did.... I want a membership!
Yah, BigDMcGee is our Janitor. During the day he scrubs our toilets, while at night, he rails against the evils of "the corporations".
Yah, BigDMcGee is our Janitor. During the day he scrubs our toilets, while at night, he rails against the evils of "the corporations".
I don't even think you bother to read what I write.. you just have your mind made up what I am, and stick me in that box. I've never railed against the evils of the corporations.. I might as well rail against the evils of the tides. My objection to Starbucks is purely an aesthetic one.. they make shtty coffee, and I'm a coffee snob. I wouldn't care if starbucks was a co-op, they still burn their fcking beans...
He was trying to get you to get in his pants.
It was a girl....lolfreecoffeetogetintopantsamentsI hate myself so much for that last comment.
It was a girl....lolfreecoffeetogetintopantsamentsI hate myself so much for that last comment.
It's a sad say when Yorke resorts to -aments comments.loldissappointmentaments :club:
It's a sad say when Yorke resorts to -aments comments.loldissappointmentaments :club:
It's okay, I do it ironically. If you do things ironically, no matter how lame they are, then you can mantain your level of cool and intellect. That's how that works.
It's okay, I do it ironically. If you do things ironically, no matter how lame they are, then you can mantain your level of cool and intellect. That's how that works.
So many directions I wanna go with this....But yea, I get it. I hoped my little :club: let everyone know I wasn't seriously dissappointed, or seeing you for any less than you are.You know what used to be fun? Asking people to define "irony". It's not fun anymore because of Google. Google ruined the internet, there's something to boycott.
yes I completely agree with this statementaments. I mean lol statementaments. or is it lol stateaments? lol ironyaments.
So many directions I wanna go with this....But yea, I get it. I hoped my little :club: let everyone know I wasn't seriously dissappointed, or seeing you for any less than you are.You know what used to be fun? Asking people to define "irony". It's not fun anymore because of Google. Google ruined the internet, there's something to boycott.
If you dont like google do what every true interneter does. Write something bad and un-sourced about them in wikipedia.
You know what used to be fun? Asking people to define "irony". It's not fun anymore because of Google. Google ruined the internet, there's something to boycott.
Irony is easy to define! It's like... rain on your wedding day... it's a free ride.. when you've already paid.Isn't that post ironic.. don't you think?
Irony is easy to define! It's like... rain on your wedding day... it's a free ride.. when you've already paid.Isn't that post ironic.. don't you think?
Yeah, I really do think.Who would've thought it figures?