So for my 100th post, I thought I would take a look back on how Poker has come into my life – for better or worse – not that anyone here should or will give a damn, but hey, I never thought I would have 100 posts on this forum either.My first taste of the game was fueled by my younger daughter’s interest in the 2003 WSOP when Chris Moneymaker made his mark on the game. She watched the main event on ESPN from start to finish. I sat right beside her the whole time.For good or for bad, it got me interested in the game. I started off at Party Poker where I donked my way through the play money tables, never really learning anything. I deposited, busted, deposited, busted until I had run off about $500. This was over the course of about a year.A bit poorer but well initiated, I vowed I would not go back to real $$$ online poker until my game could support it.I read, came here daily, used the strat forums, played hours of play money on Stars and worked on my live game whenever I could.I played a lot of home games and World Tavern Poker and continued to learn a lot. The most important thing I have learned to date is patience. This past January, I was in Vegas (through the good graces of my wife who won a trip from work) and sat at a 1 / 2 table at the Venetian.When the 5 hours were over, I have turned $150 into about $750. The patience that I had learned really payed off. I waited for premium hands, stole when I could, just played ABC poker and had a positive result.So, am I closer to depositing on Stars? Maybe. I feel my game has improved leaps and bounds over the game I played 2 years ago. Much of that is due to the benefits of this forum, as well as watching players of a variety of styles over and over again.TP/MM?? HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Nevertheless, the game will be something I will have for a lifetime and the people you meet through the game are a joy.Thanks FCP for the support.

You could always try and win some money in the freerolls that stars have and build your bankroll from that. I'm not sure it's a great games to learn in but it's what I've been doing to start myself off on there.

Wow! That is great to hear! I am glad that things are going well for you! Okay bye bye!

I really wondered what I was going to get when I opened this thread but nice post OP. Wishing you the best of luck in the future! :club:

My 100th post on this forum, discussing penny poker online:

My dog plays those tables sometimes...but he bets way too aggresively. Bark = BetWoof = CallTail Wagging = CheckraiseHe never has the nuts though...
lol, I'd love to say my content per post has come a long way, but we all know that's not true.

ahhh, the memories, here was my 100th post, it was on Thanksgiving Day

Wow, i dont think ive ever seen it this quiet on here. Hope all are having a great holiday week and weekend and pray you all make a safe journey! Poker will be waiting for you when you return, lol.