World Series Of Golf

Quick note on the WSOG. I’ll write an in-depth report later in the week. I played my heart out but didn’t win my first round, eliminating me from the event. Rhett Butler, who took 5th at the WSOP ME final table last year, came from way back to beat Matt Othick, who basketball fans might remember as the starting point guard at Arizona from 89-92. Matt kills the ball, bet aggressively and made it hard on the rest of our foursome. On the par three 17th, I had a chance to triple up and get back in it after Matt and Rhett had hit bad shots, but I missed the green also. Rhett made an unbelievable up and down for par and I missed a 12-footer that I thought was going in to get eliminated. Then Matt lost his swing on the next few holes, being eliminated on the second playoff hole. Rhett won an incredible match today to advance to the finals tomorrow. Phil Ivey made it also, coming back from an 11-1 deficit. The five-man final is tomorrow. I’m going out there to sweat it and gather some material for a good story. For any of you in Vegas, I did an interview the Channel 3 news at 11 which should be shown tonight.