Vegas Steakhouse Recommendations?

Wynn Morning (brunch) buffett is by far the best around and if you play in the poker room, you can get a front of the line pass and a food comp.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JC highly recommends shintaro, though i can't verify that.ruth's chris was pretty ****ing good, though. i've never eaten at another one, but the one in vegas isn't far from the strip at all and was great stuff.as for buffets, the wynn is probably the classiest and fanciest if you have obscure tastes, but the aladdin and rio buffets are both wicked. the aladdin and/or bellagio breakfast buffets are the hungover nuts.

Totally agree about Ruths Chris' being everywhere, etc., but it is the Nuts. I just love the flavor.and a HUGE thumbs up to Mesa Grill! It is in my top 5 faves for Vegas (even though I don't think of it so much as a classic "steak house"). I had one of the best Filet's EVER there...just seasoned so differently. Amazing.The food there is just twisted up a notch, just enough, and is out of this world. This is a must go to restaurant for anyone. :club:
yeah i think Mesa Grill is awesome. but like you said i would classify it as a straight up "steak house". but the steaks are very good and i would recommend themalso to the OP. In old vegas, i think at the four queens you can get a t-bone for $2.99 and i am sure the dress is pretty casual. Never had it and i am sure its terrible. but it is casual dress and if you go post how it is
In old vegas, i think at the four queens you can get a t-bone for $2.99 and i am sure the dress is pretty casual. Never had it and i am sure its terrible. but it is casual dress and if you go post how it is
LOL. Sometimes the guy can be a **** but geez.......We are taking nice clothes, we just aren't taking ties.

I mention/recommend this place all the time, but it's only because it's that good. Hugo's Cellar at 4 Queens in downtown Vegas. Not out of line with the prices, and the food/service/atmosphere is amazing. The two things that stood out for me were the Hot Rock Specialty (beef, shrimp, swordfish and chicken cooked right at your table on a 500 degree slab of granite) and the salad cart (guy brings the entire salad selection to your table and makes yours to order in front of you). I had a crab-stuffed filet wrapped in bacon for my entree, outstanding. This is the first stop on our itinerary when my fiance and I go back in September for our honeymoon. The only downfall is that you have to go downtown, but if you're planning to do that anyway then you can't miss.www.hugoscellar.com/

I didn't notice any recommendations for Craftsteak at MGM, has anyone ever eaten there? Review?
I have been there a couple times Adam. Overall a good meal. I loved the brussel sprouts sauted in duck fat. Friends had the Kobe skirt steak...at $45, I thought it was a little over the top. I usually go for the Veal chop which was goot.Service was good and the wine list was typical Vegas.Overall - 8 out of 10.

Capital Grill, there ar a few around the country and always a great steak. great view of the strip.If you want to go old school, the top of the Horseshoe, great view and great meal. This is true old school steak experience, like going to Spark's in NYC.

I have been there a couple times Adam. Overall a good meal. I loved the brussel sprouts sauted in duck fat. Friends had the Kobe skirt steak...at $45, I thought it was a little over the top. I usually go for the Veal chop which was goot.Service was good and the wine list was typical Vegas.Overall - 8 out of 10.
Cool, thanks for the review. I was planning on hitting that up with my (will be) wife during our honeymoon, although more for an excuse for both of us to beat up on donks at MGM's poker room than for the food itself. Scared me a little bit that such a trendy famous place wouldn't have a single decent review in any of the numerous "steak place" threads here. I want to eat me some Kobe beef, just to say I've had it. From what I hear, the Japanese don't eat Kobe because they prefer American beef...lol, but I still want to try it out. I don't mind spending a couple hundy on a nice meal on vacation, but I was going to consider my options if I didn't get any good reviews. Thanks again.
I want to eat me some Kobe beef, just to say I've had it. From what I hear, the Japanese don't eat Kobe because they prefer American beef...lol, but I still want to try it out. I don't mind spending a couple hundy on a nice meal on vacation, but I was going to consider my options if I didn't get any good reviews.
'Fix' at the Bellagio had some ridiculous Kobe beef when I was there last month. Not gonna be cheap though, it was $22 an ounce! I was too nitty to buy a $250 steak, but I tried some of JC's and it was basically the best steak I've ever eaten.
So un-hip...it's N9NE
Coolest most hip place to eat in Vegas. It has an awesome atmosphere, and the music is on the louder side so it has a club feel without the dance floor.Make sure to order the smores for dessert :club:
'Fix' at the Bellagio had some ridiculous Kobe beef when I was there last month. Not gonna be cheap though, it was $22 an ounce! I was too nitty to buy a $250 steak, but I tried some of JC's and it was basically the best steak I've ever eaten.
I can't even comprehend spending $250 on a steak, so unless I take down the $550 at Venetian during this trip (one of the parts I'm looking forward to the most), I won't be eating there. Like I said, I don't mind spending $100 per person on a truly great meal, but $108 for a 5oz filet is just absurd. No piece of meat is worth that.
The $22 Kobe Beef "Sliders" are the way to go. Had them at Fix in March. The doghnut dessert is outstanding.Adam - I have eaten at all of the MGM restaurants except the Joel Rubichon one, and all are well worth checking out. Had a meal at the Itralian one ( Fiamma) in March with the wife ( soon to be) and it was outstanding. If you like sushi, Shibuya make an awesome dikon wrapped king crab roll.

I just looked over the menu for 'FIX' and I don't even see Kobe on the menu (other than the aforementioned Sliders). Seems like kind of an upscale burger and fries place to me, are you sure you didn't mean to say Prime?*Edt* I see it now, but the only Kobe on their menu is a $75 chef's choice, I wonder if the $250 one was a special thing for the timeframe, like a major tournament special offering.Thanks Lefty, I'll be sure to get us down there for dinner one night. Maybe Italian will be the way to go, I'd like to say I'll leave it to her but she's impossible when it comes to eating decisions. I want to like sushi so badly, but I've honestly never enjoyed it. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but every time I've tried it I've failed to finish my meal, just can't get past the fact that I'm ultimately eating raw fish.

i just ate at craft steakhouse like 5 days ago. Food was outstanding and they do have kobe beef. i believe the fillets were somewhere between 150 to 200 a pop but they were very good. Delmonico is also great, havent eaten there in a few months though. Some more would be shintaro is great, had the lamb there and was impressed espically with the wasabi potatoes, also you can try TAO, had a wasabi encrusted fillet there, i belive it was about 30 bucks and well worth it.My fav buffet in town is clearly the mirage, since they redid it was little while ago. 26 different stations of pure heaven. From sushi, to fresh mozzarela balls, to anitpasta salad, to corn on the cob, just everything.PS, get the monkey bread for dessert at craft if you go there, its like flopping the nuts every hand.

Binion's Steakhouse. Mandalay Buffet. Hash House a Go Go for breakfast.Never been to Delmonico's, think I'll try it next month.
Wow, that place looks outstanding. Definitely need to hit that up some morning. Thanks for the HU.

Personally i like Prime in Bellagio best. not for a group of dudes though..... If your with the missus it's good. Strip Steak in Mandalay bay is very good. Where else do you know where they bring out 3 different types of "duck fat fries" with the bread for a free appetiser!!! Cholesterol Bomb but very good none the less.

Coolest most hip place to eat in Vegas. It has an awesome atmosphere, and the music is on the louder side so it has a club feel without the dance floor.Make sure to order the smores for dessert :D
This place is the nuts....TOO!ZOMG, SO MANY GOOD PLACES TO EAT!Vegas rivals NYC imo anymore. 3 WEEKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :club::D:D
I just looked over the menu for 'FIX' and I don't even see Kobe on the menu (other than the aforementioned Sliders). Seems like kind of an upscale burger and fries place to me, are you sure you didn't mean to say Prime?*Edt* I see it now, but the only Kobe on their menu is a $75 chef's choice, I wonder if the $250 one was a special thing for the timeframe, like a major tournament special offering.
Yea it was something special. They had just flown it in from Japan the night before, and the server told us a bunch of other stuff about it but I forgot. All I remember is that is was $22 an ounce and literally melted in your mouth.