erick lindgren should be barred from tournament poke

smash wishes he was erikNah, I'm happy being me. I'm great. I'd like to play as well as Erick, though.You should keep posting that though, because like the guy who tells the punchline of the joke again and again when no one laughs, you should keep pounding away with your witty reporte untill someone notices it. Good show.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smash wishes he was erikNah, I'm happy being me.  I'm great.  I'd like to play as well as Erick, though.You should keep posting that though, because like the guy who tells the punchline of the joke again and again when no one laughs, you should keep pounding away with your witty reporte untill someone notices it.  Good show.
i prefer the lad who said he could think of a good 20 players better and that he was one of them.futureWSOPwinner alias

Allright guys please... this post has been ruined, if you want to carry on with this arguing back and forth, please do it via PM's It's just ruined what was a pretty interesting post for a shortwhile.

Allright guys please... this post has been ruined, if you want to carry on with this arguing back and forth, please do it via PM's It's just ruined what was a pretty interesting post for a shortwhile.
i think it made it better, at least more entertaining

smash, your bankroll really would of been much higher by now had you of spent your time playing poker rather than a few thousand posts irratating some people and boring others. i reckon you've posted about 3000 messages which havent been worthwhile, and the 800 hundred odd have been useful to the poker community on this board.an average of say 4 minutes per post, thats 12,000 minutes, which in turn is 2,000 hours. if your hourly rate is say $20 (obivouly would be increasing as your bankroll increased, but let's take that as an average over the period), then thats $40,000.so i hoped you've enjoyed all your irratating posts, youve spent $40,000 on them :roll:

A mediator needs to come in here. But, eh... this is essentially how wars break out.Also, I would not trust any bet made by Absolute on a online post. Smash of course is not making it easy for him to pay or admit anything, but that seems to be his point.Meanwhile, I am down 30 BB on $3/6 now -- with a 63% (!!) VP$IP. That is my biggest concern. I'm just glad I'm not on tilt like this thread.

smash, your bankroll really would of been much higher by now had you of spent your time playing poker rather than a few thousand posts irratating some people and boring others....
You set up a straw man and knocked it down. Congrats. Maybe you're right and Smash is losing some profit, but I'm sure he has a good idea on how to make money online.Many people can multitable (or eat, cook, work) and post on forums at the same time.Why am I bothering? Oh yeah, I'm down 31 BB... this is a nice distraction.
There's really only one thing that bothers me in life, and that's self reighetous people who can't deal with it when they're proven wrong and operate under the assumption that if they just keep talking or posting or whatever, that eventually the other person will just give up and humor them.Sorry, that's not me.
:club: Your just as bad as you think he is.
There's really only one thing that bothers me in life, and that's self reighetous people who can't deal with it when they're proven wrong and operate under the assumption that if they just keep talking or posting or whatever, that eventually the other person will just give up and humor them.Sorry, that's not me.
You're wrong, unless you can find where Smash posted something wrong and did not admit to it. He has on occaision made minor errors - I think usually grammatical or spelling ones - and admitted to it for the sake of discussion. You're also missing the point I think. The remark is purposefully inflammatory. Congrats!
You're wrong, unless you can find where Smash posted something wrong and did not admit to it. He has on occaision made minor errors - I think usually grammatical or spelling ones - and admitted to it for the sake of discussion. You're also missing the point I think. The remark is purposefully inflammatory. Congrats!
I'm not gonna spent time sifting through his 3000+ post my asian brother. I don't care enough. I was stating what was obvious to me, his remark was a self reflection of himself. If you think I'm wrong then so be it, I'll stand by my statement 100%. No need to "Congrats!" me.On a side note: Funny thing is I actually dealt to you before, I'll give you a "whats up?" next time you sit on my game. Also you think Smash has never been wrong except for spelling errors....

my opinion is in the middle. Is Erick Lindgren one of the best tournament poker players in the world? yes. Is he the best? no. I think there are a couple better poker players namely Daniel, Howard, Juanda, Ivey, Chip Reese, etc. and thier are a couple how are definitely better at NLH maybe not better at poker in general those players are3 Gus, Layne, Hellmuth, Chan, and Huck SeedAlso Smash he is not getting lucky rather he is playing his A game. Like in sports ever notice when mediocre players have great games or great players have terrible games. It's the same with poker. Right now Erick is playing his best game while others are not. He is not lucky, but rather he is playing the best he can.

Just wondering, for this whole bet thing, did you ever actually go through 25 players and find out if one of them was doing better? Wasnt that the bet? Forgive me smash if I have overlooked something, if I have, I am admiting that I am wrong beforehand, so there is no way that you can say anything bad about me.

Just wondering, for this whole bet thing, did you ever actually go through 25 players and find out if one of them was doing better? Wasnt that the bet? Forgive me smash if I have overlooked something, if I have, I am admiting that I am wrong beforehand, so there is no way that you can say anything bad about me.
it was more the point that `any` good player with luck can get a winning streak and you want to name 25 people that are skilled? ( I think there are enough )btw. correct me if I am wrong dont flame me coz I will kill a bunny if you do

Hey, wait a second. Did Smash actually win the bet or was it just conceded that Raymer's inclusion would vastly skew the averages? It would be interesting to see the numbers anyway.And more importantly, a technicality: Absolute said 25 players "at random." I don't think by specifically including Raymer BECAUSE of his large payday would qualify under the "at random" clause of this poorly handled bet. Sure, he could have meant "pick any 25 players you want to" but he also could have meant "take a bunch of players and put them in a hat, and draw out 25 random players." This bet, which Smash won on the surface with a deft and brilliant move, was so awkwardly proposed and carried out that Ab has wiggle room all over the place.Great, entertaining thread tho!

smash, your bankroll really would of been much higher by now had you of spent your time playing poker rather than a few thousand posts irratating some people and boring others.I'm happy with $40,000 a year from something I do casually.Thanks for your concern, though.

smash, your bankroll really would of been much higher by now had you of spent your time playing poker rather than a few thousand posts irratating some people and boring others.I'm happy with $40,000 a year from something I do casually.Thanks for your concern, though.
i would be too
i would be too
lol okay, this is like the 3rd or 4th reply that you've thrown little comments that agree with smash about a stupid poster. its just a feeble attempt to regain some respect and it looks foolish. stop it.
i would be too
lol okay, this is like the 3rd or 4th reply that you've thrown little comments that agree with smash about a stupid poster. its just a feeble attempt to regain some respect and it looks foolish. stop it.
huh?i agreed with himi didnt make that original post about him irritating and boring people.who looks foolish now?
i would be too
huh?i agreed with himi didnt make that original post about him irritating and boring people.who looks foolish now?
lol you argue like my 13 year old brother. cute "who looks foolish now" finish there. classic.I could continue to prove you wrong but like smash, its really useless seeing as you have an ego than can NOT be dropped. ok now reply saying ooooh i dont have a big ego, you do.