Iowahawk09 Scammed Me

Steve, I got a PM from him requesting a transfer around 9pm last night, so I'd say you're right to be fishy about the whole thing. I'd like to think you're not being ripped off, but you transferred to him 34 hours ago and he asked me for another transfer 12 hours ago, it raises questions.*Edit* I just checked, it was actually around 6pm last night, but the point still stands.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I got a PM from him requesting a transfer around 9pm last night, so I'd say you're right to be fishy about the whole thing. I'd like to think you're not being ripped off, but you transferred to him 34 hours ago and he asked me for another transfer 12 hours ago, it raises questions.*Edit* I just checked, it was actually around 6pm last night, but the point still stands.
I think he has decided to ditch this forum and get what he can out of any trusting members.People posting that I opened this thread to early is ******** me off as if I opened it early I may have saved tom $50.I Know it's only $20 but I'm still steamed.
I think he has decided to ditch this forum and get what he can out of any trusting members.People posting that I opened this thread to early is ******** me off as if I opened it early I may have saved tom $50.I Know it's only $20 but I'm still steamed.
This may be a dead on statement. I just checked his profile and there was no quote, no pic, no location information...nothing. It seems like anything about him was deleted. It's a shame because he did seem nice... I hope it's just a fluke, maybe his account was hacked? All signs point to bad news though.

I guess there's a lot of people around now who weren't around for the JayWeb fiasco, but it should be known by ALL posters that there is a risk in doing transfers with people know matter how trustyworthy they seem, and no matter how many posts they have. I've done lots of transfers for people, and never had a problem...but I always get them to ship first.

I guess there's a lot of people around now who weren't around for the JayWeb fiasco, but it should be known by ALL posters that there is a risk in doing transfers with people know matter how trustyworthy they seem, and no matter how many posts they have. I've done lots of transfers for people, and never had a problem...but I always get them to ship first.
Is Jayweb the guy whose home address was found by FCP'ers?

What's this world coming to when you can't even trust a gambler you've never met before who, out of the blue, solicits you on-line for untraceable cash via an uninsured transaction as part of an unenforecable agreement?Scandalous.

i guess $20 is no big deal, but come on guys. its pretty standard that the person requesting the transfer goes first. i discussed transferring with him, and probably would've if i had finished my stars hands in time. he seemed a little desparate for a transfer and a little too willing to take it on stars or FT, but he has enough posts and strat forum time that i didn't mind.whether or not this gets resolved though, there's no way i would transfer first or simultaneously, unless it was with one of the 3 or so people on the forum that i was certain i could trust. if someone wants a transfer, let them take the risk.

What's this world coming to when you can't even trust a gambler you've never met before who, out of the blue, solicits you on-line for untraceable cash via an uninsured transaction as part of an unenforecable agreement?Scandalous.
******* prick, You know I'm steaming and your stirring me up. It was nice sarcasm though and I had to laugh.
I thought I knew who iowahawk was IRL. (I don't go around asking people who they are online). Anyway, if it IS who I think it is, there's some mistake. If it isn't, all bets are off.
No, JayWeb was the mod who scammed a bunch of people out of rakeback.
I used the search but couldn't find any thread about it. Is there a link?
******* prick, You know I'm steaming and your stirring me up. It was nice sarcasm though and I had to laugh.
Sorry, didn't mean to tilt you, but looks like you ultimately took it as intended.

When you do a successful transfer with someone, leave a comment in their profile. That way when they do transfers in the future with other people those people can have trust that the transfer will go through. Works like feedback on ebay.

Hey man, Could I bug ya to swap $50 on Tilt for $50 on Ub. I cant deposit on Tilt, and cant seem to find anyone to take some UB $ off my hands.PM me if you can helpThanks bro, Iowahawk09
Just the wording of this PM is sketchy.

There seems to be something odd about all of this. He also pm'd me yesterday about trading stars for tilt. I don't have anything on tilt right now, but told him I would reload today and be happy to do a transfer. I don't know him, but I thought his post count and sign up date gave him some credibility. I guess I'll wait to see how all of this unfolds.I feel Steve73 has a right to be upset -- If iowahawk has time to be pm'ing people about transfers, then he also has time to complete the transfer to Steve, or at least pm him with an explanation.

Poker Forum GroupieGroup: MembersPosts: 784Joined: April 27th, 2006From: Some Place AwesomeMember No.: 20,197FCP Online Poker Name: meserveryFavorite Poker Game: PLO QUOTEHey man, Could I bug ya to swap $50 on Tilt for $50 on Ub. I cant deposit on Tilt, and cant seem to find anyone to take some UB $ off my hands.PM me if you can helpThanks bro, Iowahawk09Just the wording of this PM is sketchy. Well since tom is waiting for full tilt $ from hawk it seems more obvious than ever that this guy is going the scam and ditching this forum.

I thought I knew who iowahawk was IRL. (I don't go around asking people who they are online). Anyway, if it IS who I think it is, there's some mistake. If it isn't, all bets are off.
Since there are only, like, 3 people in the whole state of Iowa, I guess you have a 50% chance of being right.
There seems to be something odd about all of this. He also pm'd me yesterday about trading stars for tilt. I don't have anything on tilt right now, but told him I would reload today and be happy to do a transfer. I don't know him, but I thought his post count and sign up date gave him some credibility. I guess I'll wait to see how all of this unfolds.I feel Steve73 has a right to be upset -- If iowahawk has time to be pm'ing people about transfers, then he also has time to complete the transfer to Steve, or at least pm him with an explanation.
Thanks for your post. Some might think I have gone on a bit of a rant over $20 but it is insulting and a bit embarrasing to be scammed. I feel like a bit of a sucker. I hope my ranting has saved anyone else from being scammed.
Thanks for your post. Some might think I have gone on a bit of a rant over $20 but it is insulting and a bit embarrasing to be scammed. I feel like a bit of a sucker. I hope my ranting has saved anyone else from being scammed.
Your welcome.Hey bud, can you transfer me $5, I'll pay it back later tonight. (jk)Actually, I think the jury's still out as to if you got scammed or not. I'm interested in seeing a reply from iowahawk, who may just be asleep right now. I will say this, though - If it was a scam, you saved me money by posting about it. So, thank you.

Iowa Hawkeye fans always try to screw people. If you ever deal with anyone from Iowa make SURE they are Cyclone fans.

I don't think this is a 'scam' in the way that he never had any intention of paying you back.It's probably a whole lot more boring than that.. Just a pretty broke guy, who planned on taking your $20, running it into profit, and then paying you back. Unfortunately, it sounds like he bust with it.I won't be surprised if he comes back on here within 48 hours (after somehow getting another $20 online, either through friends, or another forum or something), and is like 'oh, sorry.. I can pay you now, it was all a misunderstanding'.The 'will you transfer me' line, sounds a lot less demeaning than 'I'm broke and can't afford $20' line. I bet you get your money back eventually though.