Iowahawk09 Scammed Me

What's this world coming to when you can't even trust a gambler you've never met before who, out of the blue, solicits you on-line for untraceable cash via an uninsured transaction as part of an unenforecable agreement?Scandalous.
Hahaha, brilliant
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is a mistake. If not, hunt him down and staple his nuts to his forehead. It seems he hit up a lot of people last night for transfers. Wonder how much he got ?

I didn't get a PM, what a lazy thief.
ha, QTF btw, arnt all thiefs lazy.. hence they steal not work :club:

Just got this PM, & no the $$ isn't on FT.Hey man, you didnt receive the transfer? I swear I sent it last night. I'll check it out as soon as I can and get you the money asap. Im so sorry if something went wrong, I am not trying to rip you off. I'm at work right now and cant download onto these computers, but I promise as soon as I get home tonight, I'll find out why the transfer didnt work or get you your $50 back on Stars.I feel terrible and I assure you I am not the scum that would ripoff a fellow member. I'll include an extra $10 for making you waitOnce again, I apologize and assure you it will be taken care of tonight.iowahawk09

Ok wow, seriously you guys are all freaking out about nothing. The money has been shipped to steve, so I suggest you check your account again, because I shipped it last night. And yes I have yet to ship to Gator yet because of some transfer problem with full tilt, but I will be sending to him as soon as I get home from work.It is true that I pm'ed alot of members asking for some funds, since I am trying to get a Br started on Stars and a few other sites.I am not the scum that would rip off other members, as I have had this happen to me before. I hope you guys believe that this isnt the type of person that I am, and I can assure you that all funds will be paid to everyone.My reputation is more important than $20 or $50.Steve, please check your account again, and stop dragging my name through the mud, I sent you a pm saying I would send it out as soon as possible. I apologize for the wait, but it seems a little early to be accusing me of scamming.As for Gator, I already pm'ed him about resolving this.Im not Max Fallon and Im not going to rip anyone off. Makes me sick that now people on the forums are gonna look at me differently and I guess partly its my fault for being slow on the transfers, but considering this was all like a day ago, I dont think I deserved these accusations.I hope this clears this up, and if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to pm me

My reputation is more important than $20 or $50.Steve, please check your account again, and stop dragging my name through the mud, I sent you a pm saying I would send it out as soon as possible. I apologize for the wait, but it seems a little early to be accusing me of scamming.
I obviously am not privy to anything but what has been posted by you both here. But according to Steve, you said that you sent it already, but in your post above it sounds like maybe you haven't sent it but are going to.I had a friend once who would get all upset because he would tell people he would pay them back on X day, and X day would pass and he wouldn't have paid them back, so they would ask him about it, and he would get all defensive and be like, don't question my integrity, I always pay everyone back, yadda yadda. But if he would have just said, I'll pay you back in 2X or 3X days from now and not missed the deadline he had given himself, nobody would have said anything.So I'm not saying you did or didn't say anything specific about already paying him back last night, but thats what this thread makes it sound like.Mark

On a sidenote, has anyone ever seen me on here begging for money or has anyone ever received a pm from me before asking for swapping money other than the last couple days.The answer is no, because this the first time I have ever asked, and I have been a active member for over a year. Do you really think $20 or $50 is gonna convince me to screw over people I consider "friends"I make $20 in an hour at work, and money is no equal to a reputation. Id rather be broke everyday of my life and be respected than be $20 richer and have everyone hate me. NOT COOLHopefully since I have never been guilty of anything in the past, you guys will give me the benefit of the doubt.I have helped a ton of forum members out with problems. Staking people who were broke, even loaning money, but never once have I tried to screw anyone.

I hope this clears this up, and if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to pm me
This is one of the HUGE problems with internet message boards ... there is always an IMMEDIATE rush to judgement. (Full Tilt Bot conspiracy is an excellent example)I hope the matter gets cleared up ... I've enjoyed reading your posts and it would suck if you were just trying to get a post count up to scam money. I doubt that's the case, esp. with your reply now up.
This is one of the HUGE problems with internet message boards ... there is always an IMMEDIATE rush to judgement. (Full Tilt Bot conspiracy is an excellent example)I hope the matter gets cleared up ... I've enjoyed reading your posts and it would suck if you were just trying to get a post count up to scam money. I doubt that's the case, esp. with your reply now up.
Active member for over a year, 700+ posts, done all for $20 or $50...no thank you

Something else I wanted to mention, is that I sought out help from numerous people on the forum to transfer some funds.Mainly because I couldnt find anyone who had money on the sites I wanted and would accept money on the sites I had it on.But my point is that those who received pm's are all highly respected members of community and people who I hold in high regard.Do you really think I would pm people like Zach, sandwedge, looshle, msals, jessew, and others if I was gonna try to scam.Why would I want a mod or other popular and older members mad at me? Dont you think I would have targeted some newbie member or someone I didnt basically post with on a day to day basis?

Iowahawk,Your response makes me believe you are an honorable person. I'll be happy to swap $ with you if you still want.Don't get too worked up over this -- Once I misclicked during a skipament, and recieved the wrath of the table, being called a "cheater". To me, honor is much more important than the money, so I snapped back. Turns out, they were only giving me a little "ribbing" for my mistake.edit: I apologize if any of my posts offended you.

I agree, I hope this gets locked up, since I have been communicating with both members, have defended my actions, already sent payment, and apologized to everyone for this.
i think youre on the level and i think this thread has outlived its usefulness (if it was ever useful to begin with)
Iowahawk,Your response makes me believe you are an honorable person. I'll be happy to swap $ with you if you still want.Don't get too worked up over this -- Once I misclicked during a skipament, and recieved the wrath of the table, being called a "cheater". To me, honor is much more important than the money, so I snapped back. Turns out, they were only giving me a little "ribbing" for my mistake.edit: I apologize if any of my posts offended you.
Thank you for your support sandwedge. I think im just gonna hold off on the transferring more funds until we get this resolved. Hopefully once people see this has all been cleared up, then you guys will all have more trust in me.I appreciate your support though and don't worry about any posts. Im not mad at you or anyone else for that matter. I understand why they would think scam, but I promise it has been a misunderstanding and I would like to take this time to apologize to the whole forum for making you doubt me, but hopefully I can win you all back over.
Since there are only, like, 3 people in the whole state of Iowa, I guess you have a 50% chance of being right.
def. more than three poeple in iowa.........its more like seventeenthis is my most thread-impacting content post ever

I hate to say "I told you so" but this doesn't leave me any other option ,I told you 24 hours was way too early to open a thread about it :club:

I think we all agree it was jumping the gun by making this topic.

I hate to say "I told you so" but this doesn't leave me any other option ,I told you 24 hours was way too early to open a thread about it :club:
I was frankly a little suprised as well when I logged on today. I think I have been fairly good about communicating with the two parties although the funds were supposed to be done (which is my fault, although one was already sent), but I wish people wouldnt just jump to conclusions. I responded to all of there pm's and didnt just up and leave the forum.Oh well, like I said, Im accepting blame, but just wish it never came to this thread to get things answered.
I was frankly a little suprised as well when I logged on today. I think I have been fairly good about communicating with the two parties although the funds were supposed to be done (which is my fault, although one was already sent), but I wish people wouldnt just jump to conclusions. I responded to all of there pm's and didnt just up and leave the forum.Oh well, like I said, Im accepting blame, but just wish it never came to this thread to get things answered.
At least it is all clear now.Hopefully they will post here when they receive the money and someone will say LOCK IT UP!!