Is Online Poker Legal In The Us

I was ready to start playing online last year right when all the legal stuff was happening. I did not and I took a break from online poker altogether.I am ready to play but from all I read I am not sure if it is legal or not.What is the legality of it.I am in Texas if that makes a difference.Thanksmuldertx

I was ready to start playing online last year right when all the legal stuff was happening. I did not and I took a break from online poker altogether.I am ready to play but from all I read I am not sure if it is legal or not.What is the legality of it.I am in Texas if that makes a difference.Thanksmuldertx
I'm in The US. I play online. Just don't tell anyone.
well then you are screwed..its legeal everywhere but in tx ....nh..gg...

Your fine, all the legal legislation has just restricted banks from allowing customers to deposit directly onto online gambling sites. However there are plenty of third party companies such as Epassporte, Click2Pay, Add-Funds, etc that will allow you to deposit legally and safely.Playing online poker in the US is not illegal regardless of what state your in. Government is just mad that they cant make profit off of the sites. Just start playing, you'll be fine.

Your fine, all the legal legislation has just restricted banks from allowing customers to deposit directly onto online gambling sites. However there are plenty of third party companies such as Epassporte, Click2Pay, Add-Funds, etc that will allow you to deposit legally and safely.Playing online poker in the US is not illegal regardless of what state your in. Government is just mad that they cant make profit off of the sites. Just start playing, you'll be fine.
Just to add a nugget to what was said here...Click2Pay no longer accepts US accounts to be opened. Plus, the people who had set one up before they changed this (such as myself) can no longer withdraw from the account, just deposit. Just so you know.
Just to add a nugget to what was said here...Click2Pay no longer accepts US accounts to be opened. Plus, the people who had set one up before they changed this (such as myself) can no longer withdraw from the account, just deposit. Just so you know.
Thank you, haven't used Click2Pay for a long time. There are many other 3rd parties that still accept US customers, so to the OP, you should have no trouble depositing.
Thank you, haven't used Click2Pay for a long time. There are many other 3rd parties that still accept US customers, so to the OP, you should have no trouble depositing.
where'd your stake/swap thread go??? I'm so confused!!!
Playing online poker in the US is not illegal regardless of what state your in. Government is just mad that they cant make profit off of the sites. Just start playing, you'll be fine.
Isn't it a felony in the state of Washington?
"Playing online poker in the US is not illegal regardless of what state your in." Not exactly...It's illegal in Washington, punishable to the same extent as a sex crime. A couple other backward states, too.
Is it really? I didn't know that. Clearly it is not enforced since I know a ton of people from Washington who play.
Since the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act wouldn't apply to the banks unless the gambling itself is illegal, at least some people think online gambling is illegal. Those some people include the Justice Department, but it doesn't seem particularly keen to take this back to the courts.
if you turn the lights off and shut the blinds and be quiet, you may not get caught by the poker policegl
Clearly, it's an unenforcable law...just one of the reasons it's beyond stupid.Here's a link:http://www.rgtonline.com/Article.cfm?Artic...ng%20Strategies
agreed - it is beyond stupid. however i'd heard that the players themselves can't get in trouble, so much as the poker sites themselves for allowing someone in the state to gamble. though i'd be surprised if that was actually the case.a small anecdote. last summer my internet connection was out so i grabbed my laptop, hopped in my car, and parked outside a local cafe that had free wifi (it was closed at this time of night). i set up and played for an hour or so. but i saw a cop drive by and go legitimately concerned - not only was i gambling online (i live in washington state) but i certainly looked creepy just chillin in my car alone, with a laptop in my hands. thought that alone would give him cause to tap on my window and ask questions, and then possibly discover the gambling etc... anyway, i got the hell out of there as soon as my SNGs were done.