Partypoker Renews Wsop Contract

http://investor.harrahs.com/phoenix.zhtml?...&highlight=Conversation in PartyPoker boardroom:Exec1: "Let's spend a bunch of money advertising to people who can't play on our site."Exec2: "Yeah, that's a great idea. Go ahead. sw" Next day...Exec1: "I signed the contract with Harrah's. By the way, what does sw mean?"Exec2: "YSSCKY"
I'm a marketing major and I must say, they have a solid business plan lol
I thought it was just a myth that Americans often forgot there is a whole world outside of its borders.
We know there is one...but it's of no real importance. It's only there for our entertainment, and so we can blow stuff up if we feel like it.
I thought it was just a myth that Americans often forgot there is a whole world outside of its borders.
No, successful American businesses get that. Certain naive kids on internet forums, sadly do not, however.
A vast majority of the people playing in the WSOP will be from where?A vast majority of the people watching the WSOP on ESPN will be from where?
A vast majority of the people playing in the WSOP will be from where?A vast majority of the people watching the WSOP on ESPN will be from where?
Firstly, ESPN sells it's coverage of the WSOP all around the world. Do you know how much revenue is received from huge emerging markets in Europe, Australasia and elsewhere? In the near future, the Asian market may be astromomical... another reason for Party Gaming to keep it's investment and footing in the WSOP. Secondly, you don't know the terms of the contract. i.e - if the estimated revenue, because of the UIGEA, is down.. this will be represented in the deal.Thirdly, do you really think that you know better than the marketing decision makers at Party?
Firstly, ESPN sells it's coverage of the WSOP all around the world. Do you know how much revenue is received from huge emerging markets in Europe, Australasia and elsewhere? In the near future, the Asian market may be astromomical... another reason for Party Gaming to keep it's investment and footing in the WSOP. Secondly, you don't know the terms of the contract. i.e - if the estimated revenue, because of the UIGEA, is down.. this will be represented in the deal.Thirdly, do you really think that you know better than the marketing decision makers at Party?
It's a post on an internet forum and a feeble attempt at being funny. Lighten up.
I want to visit this country.....It sounds like such a MAGICAL place!!!!! :club: sw
I want to visit this country.....It sounds like such a MAGICAL place!!!!! :club: sw
I don't get it?

Keep in mind that Harrah's isn't going to sell this sponsorship to any site that accepts US business so the only value that Harrah's can get is from the International exposure and I'm sure that's reflected in the price that Party Gaming is paying.

Wait........you're not talking about Canada are you?
We know there is one...but it's of no real importance. It's only there for our entertainment, and so we can blow stuff up if we feel like it.
I laughedIs this **** Cheney's account (Richard)

Party is still the #2 poker site without a single US player and FTP a distant 3rd.