Re Buy Tournaments Strategy

Hey guys,I wanted to start this topic about re buy tourneys,I am mostly playing regular tourneys, but the re buy tourneys have a much higher prize pull , even with less entries (obviously).What do you think is a good strategy to approach these tourneys?how many re buys do yo buy ?taking the add on ?how many chips do you think are needed after the first hour to make a good run ?I read other topics related to re buys, and I saw many just beleive the 1st hour is for gambling,so my question is, why not use the fact others are gambling and enlarge your stack that way, and without re buying many many times ?Atg

The key to that, is to have a loose image. If you're just sitting there folding, folding, folding, then all of a sudden make a huge raise/push, even the gamblers are going to fold.If I'm not gonna go crazy in the first hour, I'd recommend at least doing an open shove or two, or a loose call with like 78s or a medium pocket pair early on, just to give off that image, maybe spend a buyin or two if you have to, but then go into tight mode, and hope people don't notice you tightening up. Players are more likely to remember recklessness than tightness, so they should remember you from your first few hands when you shove with AA later in the hour, and you might get a call from 55 or AT or something like that.

Zach gave good advice; but I'd just add that while you don't have to play that reckless game the others are, you should always take the rebuy before the first hand starts, and you should always take the add-on.

but what do you think about your stack size at the end of the re buy period ?yesterday I played the 10$ +R which starts you off with 1000 chips, I got to 6500 within 15 min, playng 3 hands to the SD, whitout much risk...players were just looking to double and willing to call all in with 1 pair.I add on for a total of 7500 at the break, I was 22th of 150 remaining.may be the fact it was a turbo tourney didn't give me much room to play normally, but I couldn't start a run from there...Are these tourneys played normaly after the add on ?some thing I finf very helpful in tourneys like the 180, is that I know what my chip count goal is for every stage, and that why I can "monitor" my progress, what do you think shuold be the chip goal for re buy tourneys ?Atg

what do you think shuold be the chip goal for re buy tourneys ?
you shouldn't necessarily have a specific chip goal in mind. i've gone deep in rebuy tourneys starting the second hour with the minimum stack. having 5k to work with at 75/150 is plenty. don't be concerned with your stack relative to average, simply be aware of your stack relative to blinds and antes.the best advice i've been given for 1st hour rebuy strategy is that there isn't a set strategy. you simply have to adjust to your table. if you're lucky enough to be at a table with bel0w or pharlap or someone who will shove every hand, you need to be willing to get in there and gamble because you will have tons of favorable situations. if your table is ultra-nitty, you need to be aware of that and instead of open-shoving your big hands, just play them like you would in a non-rebuy format, i.e. open for 3-5x BB. a lot of times you simply won't get action on open-shuvls.