Stake back + 60% are my terms and I never seem to run out of people begging to take 'em.

How is that working out for ya?
I'm very, very selective about who I stake, but it's been +ev overall (due to one pony hitting big- without that, it would probably be more like =ev)

I will add that the only time staking should be considered is when you have an otherwise talented, winning player who needs a stake because he has cash leaks away from poker (Sports, Dice, Horses, Dope, Women, whatever) or if you're staking a winning player to move to a soft game at a higher level than what they ordinarily play. I'm of the mind that if a player is truly able win for me, he should be able to win for himself and not need my bread to stay in the action. If they're leaking their own money playing poker, I'm not going to give them mine to leak off along with it. My best stake ever was a guy who I played with on a pretty regular basis who had to cash out his entire pile to pay for medical bills due to a sudden illness that struck his wife. This was a guy who I knew was a very strong, long term winning player (god knows he had taken enough of my money) but found himself felted due to circumstances having nothing to do with poker. This was a perfect opportunity for a stake, and it paid off pretty good. He played better with my money than he ever did with his own and a bonus of it was that he did his earning for both of us during a time when I was on severe downward variance with my own game. After a while, he got his BR back up and returned to taking my money the old fashioned way (the ungrateful b@stard)

If you had to stake someone in a live 10 player sit n go that cost 250 dollars ....what percentage of the profit would be fair for me?
Ha ha! trick question. If *I* stake some one in the SNG, then *you* have nothing to do with this arrangement and should not get any percent of the profit. I suppose a person could argue that maybe the *some one* who was staked was actually *you*, but you know what they say about assumptions... they make an "as$ out of U and -MPTION!" This lame digression was brought to you by the letter 'r' and the number '5'.No seriously, I would say a fair arrangement is to say a 100% stake equals 50% share of winnings, and for lower stakes, n% of total stake equals n/2% of total profit. Cheers,Merby