Nbc Headup Commentary

What do u guys think of it? i think these guys are extremly stupid, playing heads up mike matusow was on the button raising w/ K2 and they said its a stupid hand to play. Am i right or am i wrong, heads up its a avg hand. Also, they were making fun of nam le saying HES OUTCLASSED and all he does is gamble.Wahts ur opinion on this?

What do u guys think of it? i think these guys are extremly stupid, playing heads up mike matusow was on the button raising w/ K2 and they said its a stupid hand to play. Am i right or am i wrong, heads up its a avg hand. Also, they were making fun of nam le saying HES OUTCLASSED and all he does is gamble.Wahts ur opinion on this?
I agree the commentators are bad but Nam Le even said it himself that he had to gamble because he never new where he stood. But yeah the commentators should talk less and NEVER analyze a hand.

This is sort on a different subject but kinda the same.Last night PAD, David Grey was talking w/ Doyle about restaurants. They mentioned one that Doyle liked and Grey said..."Yeah...I ate their one time...it was the day I made 16 million..." or something along those lines.Now...I am a HUGE poker fan...read books, forums etc. This was actually a story that COULD BE FASCINATING to hear. So.....what does Ali Nejad (I believe thats his name) do? Instead of SHUTTING THE F%$& UP AND LETTING DOYLE AND DAVID TALK, he TALKS OVER THEM and for a good 45 seconds about how this is about the Corporation etc.F$%^ YOU ALI!!! Seriously!!! By the time he was done running his mouth, David and Doyle were basically done talking about it and I got only a small nugget of how Ivey won something like 16 bb/hr for like 12 hrs to crush Andy!!! (And them all laughing at Phil basically being a cyborg!!!)LEARN TO DO YOUR JOB ALI!!!! It's one thing when it's a boring show and NOBODY is talking. It's quite another to INTERUPT a perfectly great story just to show everyone how smart you are."I'm ALI and even though David and Doyle are letting you the fan into some SWEEEEET ASH INFO on the Corporation vs. Andy Beal, I'll just talk over their great story to tell you that I KNOW THEY PLAYED ANDY HU....WAIT EVERYONE BASICALLY KNOWS THAT SO I WILL TELL YOU ALL SOMETHING YOU KNOW ALREADY AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO TALK SO LONG THAT ANY GREATNESS OF THAT STORY WILL BE DROWNED OUT BY MY INCESSANT RAMBLINGS!!!!"No...I'm not bitter at all!!!!

Ali Nejad has said that they often intentionally voice over conversations that they don't want heard for various reasons (e.g copyright issues, etc.). Not his choice.

I find that most announcers for anything just straight up suck.Old school Braves announcers (I forget the two I watched originally back in the Virgil/Hubbard/Murphy days) used to rock, because they would just shut up and watch the ballgame for the most part, and every once in a while say hi to someones grandmother.

MM played that session like a total Donk. He kept pushing in, several times in the Dark. When an amateur does this the comment is generally: "The amateur is trying to take away any decision making because he is out classed." That was pretty much the way MM played that session - like he was late for a dinner reservation. He didn't seem at all interested in trying to out play his opponent. Don't get me wrong - I know MM is a great player, he'd be my odds on favorite to turn 10 grand into a million - but he'd also be my odds on favorite to turn a million into zero. He must have some form of ADD....and I respect and enjoy Kaplan's analysis as much as any.
He must have some form of ADD.
i think thats the least of his worries, on the one episode of his cardplayer show they were in his house, and he goes "here are my meds" and there's like 10-15 different bottles all over the place.
That was the hand that got me mad too. K2 is way playable heads up. Any K is better than 50% over a random hand. So if you don't play it when you are first to act, you had better have a reason.