Turbo Sng's Vs Regular Sng's

I have came across a site where they have regular 9 seater sng's aswell as turbo ones. Lots of the people on the site play the turbo ones. The turbos ones take 30-40 mins to complete and the regular ones 50-70 mins to complete so it is not a huge gap. On another site I have been doing very well playing regular $20 sng's.My question is, if i have been doing well on the regular sng's how well do you think i will do on the turbo ones because the turbos are down to more luck than the regular ones arent they?

I have came across a site where they have regular 9 seater sng's aswell as turbo ones. Lots of the people on the site play the turbo ones.
OMG? Where can I play these "turbos" you speak of, they seem like a crap shoot to me, and me likey to gamboool
I play turbo's only because I like the time and can play 5-6 at a time without a problem.
How do you find them? Is there a high skill level too them or is it mainly a crapshoot and down to luck? Do you make good profit from them?

turbo or not, sit n go's require some luck... there isnt enough time to really get a lot of play in. if you are doing good at regular sit n go's you might as well just keep playing them, why change?

turbo or not, sit n go's require some luck... there isnt enough time to really get a lot of play in. if you are doing good at regular sit n go's you might as well just keep playing them, why change?
the reason i want to play them is i could play twice as many as them as the regular ones so therefore could make more money IF they still require a good amount of skill

On Stars the Turbo's have lightly lower rakes.For example, the equivalent levels are:non-turbo turbo$5+50c $6+50c$20+$2 $25+$2$50+$5 $60+$5Hence they are better value, especially if like me you suck at poker and hence the higher the luck factor the better.

I think generally, this rule will apply if you are a long-term winning player at the regular SNG level.When comparing your turbo vs. non-turbo stats you will see a slight decrease in your ROI. Possibly up to 5% points (and this may only occur over the short run, but I believe some loss of ROI is inevitable due to the increased variance). However, your overall $/hr will increase thus negating the overall decreased profitability. In fact, I believe the increase in $/hr > than loss in ROI.Also, obviously the variance/luck is increased in turbos when your M becomes very low, but there is a lot of skill in recognizing hand values in the later portion of the game. Knowing when to fold/push also will eventually increase your ROI in turbos. Use SNG Power Tools to help you understand how to play hands in the bubble area.

i really dont think there is all that much difference between the too. Just in the turbos's the time to shove comes around more often then in the regulars. its all stack sizes.

i really dont think there is all that much difference between the too. Just in the turbos's the time to shove comes around more often then in the regulars. its all stack sizes.
i agree with the stack sizes, its all stack vs.blinds.....its more important to play REAL TIGHT early in turbos, it can be 4 handed in a flash at sometimes. i often play the 6+.50 turbos on FT, and sometimes I dont even play a hand til 4 or 5 handed when i shove, shove, shove.I know some of you here don't like Scott Fischman, but his sng section in his book advocates a similar style.
the reason i want to play them is i could play twice as many as them as the regular ones so therefore could make more money IF they still require a good amount of skill
Playing higher stakes would also do this.Just don't go crazy..