Great flick...........I loved it completely.Butttttttttt..................the ending does leave room for a sequel. There WAS fourth Bourne book too. Check Wikipedia.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents bought me some crappy book that I think was looking to piggy back on the idea. I just saw it in my basement today, I believe it was called the Bourne Legacy.But I want more Bourne!!!!!
'Yup, I bought that also. It's not written by Robert Ludlum but it is technically a sequel because he let him use the Bourne character. I never got around to read it because I don't think it would live up to the other books.
Butttttttttt..................the ending does leave room for a sequel. There WAS fourth Bourne book too. Check Wikipedia.com
It did but it didn't...At first I was trying to figure out who he would work for... considering the ending of Ultimatum. But it appears a little research found the answers.Also it appears there are two other booksThe Bourne Legacy The Bourne Betrayal (just came out in hardback)In Legacy

Jason Bourne is able to once again become David Webb, now professor of linguistics at Georgetown University. However, this serenity does not last for long and, when a silenced gunshot narrowly misses Webb's head, the Bourne Persona reawakens in him yet again.

Based on reviews and such that I read, a lot of people who loved the trilogy hate the 4th book. If they do a movie I'm guessing it will be a new screenplay completely. The last two books are written by a new author since Robert Ludlum died back in 2001.

Too lazy for a full review. I give it thumbs up. I really enjoyed it, and I liked it the most out of the three. I really wasn't too much a fan of the other two, but this one made me a fan of the series.

Saw it this afternoon, it rocked hard. I'd like to see some more Bourne, and I don't really believe there needs to be a book to adapt from. The characters are strong, and the CIA easily lends itself to plot after plot. *Minor spoiler coming*I was kind of hoping that the end would have Bourne remembering everything, and going back to his old life as a government assassin after 3 years of running. I think the actual ending certainly leaves the series open for more movies though, and Matt Damon keeps getting better and better at Bourne. More movies!

Well, other than the characters and some key locations the plots of the movies don't exactly follow the books anyway. Which if they do another will likely be a good thing from the review I read.

The movie kicked some serious butt. I like all of them about the same. They absolutely left it open for a sequel. They don't necessarily have to go off the books. They could turn this into a James Bond type series where they just keep going with it no matter what. Also, there is a ton of room for a prequel if they wanted to do that. They could expand on his relationship with Nikki, and they could chronicle him becoming Bourne in more detail, including going in depth into his life before Bourne, and his training to become Bourne. They could also show is missions up until he gets shot trying to kill the black dictator guy, I forgot his name.

The movie kicked some serious butt. I like all of them about the same. They absolutely left it open for a sequel. They don't necessarily have to go off the books. They could turn this into a James Bond type series where they just keep going with it no matter what. Also, there is a ton of room for a prequel if they wanted to do that. They could expand on his relationship with Nikki, and they could chronicle him becoming Bourne in more detail, including going in depth into his life before Bourne, and his training to become Bourne. They could also show is missions up until he gets shot trying to kill the black dictator guy, I forgot his name.
You're talking about Wambosi.Just saw the movie last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done :club: I love how so much is done with a handheld camera...pretty unique craft in today's movie making.For those talking about a 4th installment it could definitely happen since there are 4 Bourne books. Like some already mentioned it wouldn't really matter anyways since the the screenplays are pretty different from the books.
For those talking about a 4th installment it could definitely happen since there are 4 Bourne books. Like some already mentioned it wouldn't really matter anyways since the the screenplays are pretty different from the books.
5 books actually.

Haven't read the thread.Just got home from this, as well as Simpsons, but this movie was ****ing amazing. Edge of my seat the entire time.Very well done, IMO.It will be added to the DVD collection immediately upon it's release.

I saw it again the other night. Have I mentioned how much I love

Bourne's last words in the film? I absolutely fucking love the throwback to Clive Owen's death scene in the first movie. Absolutely love it.

Finally saw this and it was great. Would love to see more movies, but only if they have a different premise. Did we really need 3 movies with the exact same premise?
Thats what the books were about. Imagine if they tried to rush the entire story into one movie... it would have been horrible.
Thats what the books were about. Imagine if they tried to rush the entire story into one movie... it would have been horrible.
The movies can't break away from the books? Don't get me wrong I love all three movies, (except the part in the first one when he flies down the middle of the staircase and lands on the guy to break his fall, it's like someone inexplicably edited in a Jean Claude Van Damme movie for 2 seconds) but he's been running for 3 movies now, we get it, give me something new. Make him CIA running crazy missions, whatever, just something different.For anyone else, were people in the theater laughing when he did some of the crazy stuff? This was really bugging me, why were they laughing, that's what these people do, whatever is necessary.One more thing, I hated how the people after him kept saying things like, "it's Jason Bourne", "you won't find him, it's Jason Bourne", " he doesn't make mistakes, it's Jason Bourne." It's as if they were trying to give us that feel that he's superhuman, which is against the essence of the character.Sorry for the negative tone, I really did like the movie. It's probably even my favorite movie series, and hope there's more coming.

The movies aren't about him running, thats all the subtext for what's really going on and that is him figuring out who he is. In the end he really isn't Jason Bourne or David Webb anymore, he is a new person... those identities died when he put together what each of them were, and what they had cost him (Marie, his conscious/humanity). It's subtle, but watch all three movies and pay attention to the conversations and it becomes really clear. First he had to discover who Jason Bourne was, then he went into the process of discovering how he became Jason Bourne, and when he discovered who David Webb was and that fundamentally he always had being a cold hearted killer in him... he didn't want to be David Webb either. It's an action trilogy with a conscious, a lot of people are missing out on that.I just ran across this this morning, funny Jimmy Kimmel skit about the movie.You Tube Link