Drugs Better Than Religion

I don't use drugs or religion to alter my conciousness. Having said that:1) Drugs have a measurable, controllable physical effect.2) More people have died in the name of religious conflict than all drug use put together.Therefore, there is no reason why drugs should be illegal while religion is allowed out in the open.

I don't use drugs or religion to alter my conciousness. Having said that:1) Drugs have a measurable, controllable physical effect.2) More people have died in the name of religious conflict than all drug use put together.Therefore, there is no reason why drugs should be illegal while religion is allowed out in the open.
Admit it... you posted this to piss off Loismustdie. Too funny.
Therefore, there is no reason why drugs should be illegal while religion is allowed out in the open.
Haha, nice conclusion. Reminds me of " Logick-a-lly, If she weighs as much as a duck, she's a witch!! Burn her!"
Slightly amuseing. He will need me to make it go anywhere. I don't plan on giving him the satisfaction. It will be fun to watch it drop slowly down the list, into the netherworld of retarded threads.
Why is religion better then drugs If you go to jail, you dont have to toss a salad to get some religion.
Guilty as charged. Lois asked for it several times.Somehow I knew Lois would avoid the question here, too. Hypocrite.

There's a number of people who believe that drugs, mainly psilocybin, could be the reason for the development of religion in the first place. I'm talking way, way back here, like Abraham's predecessors. Cave men munching shrooms could have been our first Jesus.

There's a number of people who believe that drugs, mainly psilocybin, could be the reason for the development of religion in the first place. I'm talking way, way back here, like Abraham's predecessors. Cave men munching shrooms could have been our first Jesus.
Ganja has a large part to do with the Rastafari religion.

As a drug user and a person who hates religion it is hard for me to accepept this line of reasoining. Drugs are something physical that you can buy and use as a means to give yourself pleasure. Religion is just something that you believe and there is no physical way to measure it therefore there is nothing that you can actually make illegal.

As a drug user and a person who hates religion it is hard for me to accepept this line of reasoining. Drugs are something physical that you can buy and use as a means to give yourself pleasure. Religion is just something that you believe and there is no physical way to measure it therefore there is nothing that you can actually make illegal.
We could outlaw the stupid belief in Jesus... and kill anyone that professes him to be God.
Ganja has a large part to do with the Rastafari religion.
I've been waiting FOREVER for a couple of Rastafarians recruiters to come to my door.Hey, that would be an excellent SNL skit. They haven't done it yet have they?
I've been waiting FOREVER for a couple of Rastafarians recruiters to come to my door.Hey, that would be an excellent SNL skit. They haven't done it yet have they?
Better watch out, the Insane War on Drugs is now leading to a War on Religion. The government now has the ability to declare a religion "valid" or "invalid" depending on the whim of judges. It has all been caused Native American use of Magic Mushrooms in religious ceremonies. Since then, several other churches have claimed exemptions from drug laws because of religious claims, and the DEA and courts have decided that the government is the arbiter of what is a real religion and what isn't. First Amendment, anyone?Considering that one of the bigger religions, the Catholic Church, has claimed exemptions from rules about serving alcohol to minors pretty much forever, I would think religious people would be getting very nervous about the Insane War on Drugs. Do we really want the feds deciding the validity of your religion? Especially some religions that don't believe in dinosaurs and radio-carbon dating and stuff like that; those are clearly cults that could soon be on the chopping block, yet they consider themselves true religions. Hmmmm......
Considering that one of the bigger religions, the Catholic Church, has claimed exemptions from rules about serving alcohol to minors pretty much forever, I would think religious people would be getting very nervous about the Insane War on Drugs.
Interesting points.I used to hate wine so much and alcohol by extension when I was like 10 and forced to take communion at my Catholic Church. I have since become agnostic and now very much enjoy wine. I'm not sure what my point is. Carry on.
I have since become agnostic
You surprise me a little there.Hmm. Upon further reflection, perhaps it doesn't. I think I just assumed you would be atheist by 'stereotype', so to speak.
Who was it that said religion was the opiate of the masses? I think Nietzsche.
Marx, but he didn't mean it exactly as it sounds.
You surprise me a little there.Hmm. Upon further reflection, perhaps it doesn't. I think I just assumed you would be atheist by 'stereotype', so to speak.
Eh. Words are just words. How exactly I feel about god is more complicated than just a simple label, so I usually just pick and choose one at any give moment.
Who was it that said religion was the opiate of the masses? I think Nietzsche.
Karl Marx: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."I disagree with the analogy.
How did he mean it?
Karl Marx: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."I disagree with the analogy.
In the general connotation of the quote, Marx is saying religion is a drug that keeps people hazy and stupefied and lessens their grasp on reality. But from the above full quotation, it is clear that Marx is saying that religion is one shiny piece of happiness, hope, and relaxation in the lives of the proletariat (much as opium brought a small dose of happiness to those who were constantly overworked). However, some of the illusionary implications of opium as applied to religion are still intended.
If the Rastafarians would recruit like the Mormons there's no doubt they'd be the richest religion in America. Sucks that they're all lazy burned out stoners.