Live Tourney, Aq Button

First hand of a live tournament, starting stacks are 4,000 blinds are 25/50Im on the button with A :club: Q :DAction is folded around to me, I raise to 250 SB calls, BB foldsPot = $550Flop comes K :D 2 :D 6 :spade:SB leads out 200I callPot = $950Turn is 9 :diamonds:SB bets 350I callPot = $1650River is : 4 :club:SB checksI try and value bet at $550........?Looking back now, I think it would have been a little less obvious what I had, had I not called all streets. I think, looking back, I should have raised the flop, not to hard, but hard enough, and called turn bet, or lead out about 33% of pot..........which angle would have been best?Afterwards, sb says he had a hand, but knew he was beat.....i assume this is due to my smooth calling?

I dont mind the flop check, you want to give him a chance to catch a (another?) card and to look like you are drawing.When the turn blanks you can raise because he now has to consider whether you are semibuffing, or protecting a hand you think is good but he "knows" he has beat. He can still figure you on slowplaying the nut flush though and giving him another chance to hit trips or a second pair cant be that wrong. If he read you as beating him with a river bet, there is a good chance hes gong to get the same read with a turn bet. That says to me that the best chance on the turn is to OVERBET, trying to sell that its a semi-bluff, but that may be results oriented since i know he folded the river.

not really..........the amount of people that call knowing they are behind isnt funny.....plus with a smallish bet into a largeish pot doesnt mean he folded
if he didnt fold you would know whether or not he had a hand and he wouldnt have needed to comment!