Big Re Raise Preflop Possibly Gone Wrong

I have around 700 or 800 before this hand. The original raiser has been playing very loose preflop, raising prob around 30% of hands 25$ over the last hour. He has around 400 or 500$ behind. Not a very good player, not awful though. The other player in the hand is a very good player on my right. He has around 500$ also. He will see flops with marginal hands, and i have not seen him re raise once preflop.So the loose guy raises to 25, and the guy on my right calls. I am already thinking in my head that my range will be wide. I look down at AQ off, and decide to make it 100 to go, since im OOP and want to end it. Thoughts?to continue the hand...the original raiser folds and to my utter shock and surprise the guy on my right calls. My read now is a mid PP, as high as JJ. His read on me is that I am decent player, but ive shown some bluffs. But i have only re raised preflop once before and mucked my hand, about 2 hours earlier.Flop is K74I follow my read, hope he puts me on AK or AA and bet 150...thoughts?

sorry bit confused..........is guy to your right the button? as far as i can tell thats the only way your acting first in this hand as you never said he checked etc on the flop, which would also make you SB.If you are SB, id be tempted to just call preflop bet to disguise the strength of my hand, and since your OOP, it gives you the chance to get away from the hand cheaply if you miss the flop. also since you said you have a very loose player raising and a call from a strong player, you can normally expect at least 1 of them to call you, and again your oop. as played, if in sb, and if your reads are right with him having a mid pp, then yes i agree with the continuation bet......bah hate playing oop

tbh, thinking it over again, if he is a solid player and believes he can outplay out postflop, his range of hands could be anything from pps to suited connectors to monsters. it all depends on his reads on you what range of hands hes willing to play. if he has say a suited connector, and believes you do have a strong hand, then maybe he would call. i cant see him calling with AJ, A10, or any ace under that. maybe KQ...? AQ i would think he would reraise preflop, so yeah your read of a pp could be right, but again it all depends on your reads and his reads........again though, based on that, I would try a continuation bet, although higher than your bet

I have around 700 or 800 before this hand. The original raiser has been playing very loose preflop, raising prob around 30% of hands 25$ over the last hour. He has around 400 or 500$ behind. Not a very good player, not awful though. The other player in the hand is a very good player on my right. He has around 500$ also. He will see flops with marginal hands, and i have not seen him re raise once preflop.So the loose guy raises to 25, and the guy on my right calls. I am already thinking in my head that my range will be wide. I look down at AQ off, and decide to make it 100 to go, since im OOP and want to end it. Thoughts?to continue the hand...the original raiser folds and to my utter shock and surprise the guy on my right calls. My read now is a mid PP, as high as JJ. His read on me is that I am decent player, but ive shown some bluffs. But i have only re raised preflop once before and mucked my hand, about 2 hours earlier.Flop is K74I follow my read, hope he puts me on AK or AA and bet 150...thoughts?
I think it is a great flop to represent AK or AA, if your read is correct he might raise you on if he can beat these hands, he might call with pairs 88-JJ so good idea to continue on turn if he just calls, pretty hard for him to call 2 barrels

Your raise is just shy of pot-sized, so I wouldn't necessarily call that big. I think this is a spot to overbet the pot by some amount.And yes, you certainly should c-bet the flop.