Del La Hoya Vs Mayweather

It was only even semi-interesting. Oscar got jobbed. You don't go home with the belt fighting like Floyd did. Oscar had two marks on his whole body, one on each arm. If Oscar had stood in one spot there would have been no fight.
You see the same fight I did? Mayweather isn't very fun to watch but he put on a boxing clinic. Defensive boxing at its best. I hate the guy but there is no way in hell De La Hoya got jobbed. The fact that any scorecards had De La Hoya closer than 4 rounds to Mayweather, let alone winning, in Max Kellerman's words "is a complete joke".
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see the same fight I did? Mayweather isn't very fun to watch but he put on a boxing clinic. Defensive boxing at its best. I hate the guy but there is no way in hell De La Hoya got jobbed. The fact that any scorecards had De La Hoya closer than 4 rounds to Mayweather, let alone winning, in Max Kellerman's words "is a complete joke".
You aren't supposed to take the belt fighting defensively. You need to whip the champ.
My post in the other thread in sports about this: What a lousy fight. Mayweather basically did the opposite of kicking someones ***. I guess if I walked up to somebody in a bar, and hit them in the face, and then ran away, round and round in circles, until I found just the right time to dart in again and throw one shot, and then run around some more- what a complete dog. he talked alot of **** to basically fight like he was afraid of De La Hoya, and then had the nerve to say that he gave the public what they wanted, and that he was going to retire because he had nothing left to prove. Really? You just spent a half an hour running away from an ageing fighter. You didn't prove ****. It's alright, though, it's time you went and made shitty rap album anyway.
Your swears made Jesus cry.
Fidler, how you been man? Good to see you!
PMs please, thanks.
Mayweather = no class.
Meh..class doesn't win you fights, boxing does. He did what he had to do to win, period. It wasn't fun to watch, it wasn't a slugfest, it wasn't entertaining, but, it's what he needed to do to go out as an undefeated champion. If anyone thinks less of Mayweather because of this fight, you're a putz. De La Hoya's been done for some time. Top flight fighters don't go 3-4 over their last seven bouts, nor, do they get technically out classed by someone who belongs in a much smaller weight class. De La Hoya had heart, but, he didn't have much else. What were De La Hoya's final stats, 20% landed(might be off, but, I know he was nowhere near..)? Embarassing.

Wow this fight sucked,i was hopin Oscar would win,he pushed the action Mayweather just ran backwards and punched,my girlfriend was pissed when Mayweather came out with a Sombrero,and her dad was like i wish someone would run out there and knock that off his head,since today was Cinco de mayo and they mexican,anyway the fight i thought didn't live up to the hype Oscar did his part for waht an ageing fighter can do, but mayweather just keept running away and throwin a punch here or there i think Oscar pushed the action i would like to see a Rematch,but i think Mayweather gonna Retire as he should before he has to fight someone for the belt that will kick his *** and take it,Mayweather didn't really go all out he just kinda stayed back and stuck a punch in when he was ready instead of givin a show which made him win the fight but wasn't a good show ,I didn't want him to win but hey the man won acording to the score cards,i figured he would win but i would have like to seen a better fight,im not a big boxing fan i just got hyped up to see this one,and i don't think it lived up to it,im a big MMA fan tho,can't wait till the 26th im gonna be in vegas watchin UFC71..

lol at people expecting floyd to go nuts on oscar, the last couple fights were exactly the same, I don't know hwy you expected anything more.
People just expected that Floyd would at least try to back up his trash-talking. He didn't slug it out, he didn't 'massacre' Oscar it was a punch-run strategy and it would have been a horrible fight if Oscar had not pushed the pace. At least you are admitting that you, even as a PBF fan, did not take one word of his pre-fight statements seriously.If he retires now he has proved he is a good fighter but nothing more. Baldo-who? Gatti and Judah? lol. He needs to fight Cotto, and maybe Hatton if he pulls another impressive victory.
People just expected that Floyd would at least try to back up his trash-talking. He didn't slug it out, he didn't 'massacre' Oscar it was a punch-run strategy and it would have been a horrible fight if Oscar had not pushed the pace. At least you are admitting that you, even as a PBF fan, did not take one word of his pre-fight statements seriously.If he retires now he has proved he is a good fighter but nothing more. Baldo-who? Gatti and Judah? lol. He needs to fight Cotto, and maybe Hatton if he pulls another impressive victory.
Looks to me that he lost this fight when he chose Freddie Roach Over FLoyd Sr. When your business partner, Hopkins, has to stand up and yell at you to motivate you then your trainer isn't doing a large part of his job. I still remember how instrumental Teddy Atlas was in the Holyfield/Moore fight. "Your doing just enough to keep him off you, LISTEN you need to throw punches out there,......."This is a big part of a trainers responsibility, motivating your fighter to do what was working in the fight. At no point did Freddy convey the level of urgency needed after the 8th round. When it comes down to it, if De La Hoya had pressed his jab from that round on, he would have easily accumulated the points to win. He may have even caught Floyed with a follow up right/left hook combination. I think it was telling to see Floyd Sr, Oscar, and Oscars brother conversing after the fight and Freddy Roach was no where to be seen.When it comes down to it there is a reason FIGHTERS like Holyfield, De La Hoya, Barrera, and others make the big paydays almost every fight; they fight. "Boxers" like Mayweather exist only to survive a fight and posses such overwhelming speed they win. He should RETIRE because, as a fight fan, I wouldn't pay to see him fight a guy like Coto. I already know he will grab and poke his way to a boring victory like he did last night.
  • 2 months later...
what time does the fight start tonight?? i have to be at work til 11pm eastern time but my buddy wants to order it ppv and i said i would split it with him, but i dont want to miss anything. i know the actual ppv starts at like 9 45 pm est, any ideas on the actual main event starting time?
skippity bop