just read the thread too...you can tell that this wasnt his plan from the get go, but right after he was looking for someone else to hold the money to when he was like "im just gonna hold it" and all that shit someone should have smelt something was ****ed up and stood up and said "no, were not gonna just let you hold it, were gonna have someone agreed opon hold it" thats where i think the biggest mistake was, hopefully someone goes back to his work and confronts him again...does he still work at the same place
Yeah, I think almost everyone agrees it wasn't his original plan to scam everyone. He put WAAAAAY to much time and energy into setting things up, IMO, to scam a couple grand from people who considered him a friend. Or an e-friend, I should say.
  • Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the moderators contacted me a while back asking for detail about how much I sent Zsta and it sounded like something was going to be done about this whole ordeal. Maybe even get the authorities involved somehow. Anyone know if anything ever happened with this?
I was never contacted, but I was in the High Stacks, so $250.While I think it would be an awesome thing for FCP or PS to refund all the players for this. Personally do not think they have any responsibility towards this and truthfully I am not looking for charity from anyone else in this matter.
JUst read this for the first time, since I never knew anythihng interesting was happening in this thread.Interesting.Clearly this man did not premediate this, IMO. I see it all the time renting cars when people accrue balances and then don't pay them off. After enough of those instances you can tell that these people honestly, deep in their hearts, BELIEVE they are going to pay it off when they return the car. From years of experience, I know they won't. But they think they will. And I think he thought he would. But he won't. Pursuing him still did nothing. At work we have past 90 day balances called "Bad Debt", and while if you get it back you get a credit, you pretty much aren't expecting it back. Time for you all to write this off to bad debt. I won't even say chalk it up to a learning experience since I prob would have shipped it too./buzzed rant
Yup, that is how I am looking at it now. I am actually kind of interested in his story as much as the money.
Problem is, there's probably at least 100 people here who I personally would ship to without hesitation. I've maybe met 10 of those in person. Of the other 90, I may get scammed, but 99% of the time I won't. You gotta play the percentages, or live like a puss, IMO. Yes, 1% of the time you'll get burned. Live with it.
im not saying everyone made a huge mistake by sending him the money all i said was that if there was a spot where it could have been prevented it would have been right there
Yup, that is how I am looking at it now. I am actually kind of interested in his story as much as the money.
even tho i dont know him at all i can almost garuntee that all those personal issues are bullshithe prolly lost a bunch of money and went busto while trying to set it up and then said for people to send him the money so he could play with it, and he prolly just continued to lose and then he went into hiding
even tho i dont know him at all i can almost garuntee that all those personal issues are bullshithe prolly lost a bunch of money and went busto while trying to set it up and then said for people to send him the money so he could play with it, and he prolly just continued to lose and then he went into hiding
My guess is what someone else also said a few pages back in the thread. I think he was meaning to be legit the whole time...started getting all the entry fees from everyone...lost his personal bankroll online...thought he'd use the entry fee money to make himself a quick buck on someone elses dime...lost some of it and went back for more, etc....then realized he had no way to pay it all back and disappeared.
Since you are separating yourself from Ryland you are sounding less like a douche today, by the way.Also, I think I agree 100% with this?
Since you are separating yourself from Ryland you are sounding less like a douche today, by the way.Also, I think I agree 100% with this?
i think u have to know me irl to understand anything i post...almost 100 percent of my posts are complete bullshit, i only respond seriously to things that deserve a serious responseand with the ryland shit, i know ryland pretty well irl and i think hes a complete douche bagbut anyway, the next course of action i think...if everyone is serious about getting their money back would be to go to his employers and have him sign something saying he owes the money and give him one more chance at a responble payment plan, something that would be affordable to him and if he doesnt follow through then i would sue him...that is if everyone is still adimate about getting their money back
i think u have to know me irl to understand anything i post...almost 100 percent of my posts are complete bullshit, i only respond seriously to things that deserve a serious responseand with the ryland shit, i know ryland pretty well irl and i think hes a complete douche bagbut anyway, the next course of action i think...if everyone is serious about getting their money back would be to go to his employers and have him sign something saying he owes the money and give him one more chance at a responble payment plan, something that would be affordable to him and if he doesnt follow through then i would sue him...that is if everyone is still adimate about getting their money back
As far as point one goes, I don't know. All I know is that's how you are perceived.As far as point two goes, yea, that wouldn't work.
As far as point one goes, I don't know. All I know is that's how you are perceived.As far as point two goes, yea, that wouldn't work.
fair enoughwell if you dont have something in writing from him saying he owes it, its gonna be hard to do anything to offical since all this happend on the internet
I was never contacted, but I was in the High Stacks, so $250.While I think it would be an awesome thing for FCP or PS to refund all the players for this. Personally do not think they have any responsibility towards this and truthfully I am not looking for charity from anyone else in this matter.
FCP or PS are not refunding the money for this. That is not what was said. Some of us were contacted by a mod, who I believe was looking into this personally because he happens to live close to Z. This is not anything official by FCP. As I said earlier, I haven't heard anything back in a while.....about 3 weeks. I had received a PM asking for confirmation that I had, in fact, sent money.....that's all.I confirmed that I had sent money and thanked him for his efforts. If he has any success, great. If not, that's ok too. I certainly don't expect anything. Like I said, I wrote the money off a long time ago.
My guess is what someone else also said a few pages back in the thread. I think he was meaning to be legit the whole time...started getting all the entry fees from everyone...lost his personal bankroll online...thought he'd use the entry fee money to make himself a quick buck on someone elses dime...lost some of it and went back for more, etc....then realized he had no way to pay it all back and disappeared.
That would be me.
fair enoughwell if you dont have something in writing from him saying he owes it, its gonna be hard to do anything to offical since all this happend on the internet
Sorry to keep bring up Car Rental nonsense, but when we have people sign a promissary note, those get adhered to, oh, I don't know, about 0% of the time. Suing is irrelevant if they have no money or net worth. And legal documents, I mean real ones, that hold up in court, take a long time and a real law staff to draft. None of this will happen. All IMO, of course.
Sorry to keep bring up Car Rental nonsense, but when we have people sign a promissary note, those get adhered to, oh, I don't know, about 0% of the time. Suing is irrelevant if they have no money or net worth. And legal documents, I mean real ones, that hold up in court, take a long time and a real law staff to draft. None of this will happen. All IMO, of course.
true...so basically ur saying unless he decides to pay it back everyone is ****ed?
  • 1 month later...

This thread must not die, lest we forget and an Emo dressing zit-faced dungeon dwelling fried chicken eating overweight virgin gamer get away with other people's money!ZandMattwindow.jpg

This thread must not die, lest we forget and an Emo dressing zit-faced dungeon dwelling fried chicken eating overweight virgin gamer get away with other people's money!ZandMattwindow.jpg
Haha, nice! I just remembered something about zsta....in the 1st FCP Superstars, in one of the heats we were both in, he raised on the button and i insta-pushed in w/ A6 soooooooooooted. He snap calls with AA. Flop comes 662. GG zsta. Maybe it was karma.......before he had it against him....or something like that. -shrug-

---------------------------------------------------------Debit ----Credit ................................................................... ------------------Feb 13 Bad debt expense ------------------------ 2,000------------Allowance for doubtful accounts .......................2,000

As much as Ihate to bring this up again, for all the people that know him, has he vanished, or what? In hindsight, can't believe a gave this d-bag my money. Goes to show to not trust anyone. Also reminds me to stop shipping LL bets before tourneys.

JUst read this for the first time, since I never knew anythihng interesting was happening in this thread.Interesting.Clearly this man did not premediate this, IMO. I see it all the time renting cars when people accrue balances and then don't pay them off. After enough of those instances you can tell that these people honestly, deep in their hearts, BELIEVE they are going to pay it off when they return the car. From years of experience, I know they won't. But they think they will. And I think he thought he would. But he won't. Pursuing him still did nothing. At work we have past 90 day balances called "Bad Debt", and while if you get it back you get a credit, you pretty much aren't expecting it back. Time for you all to write this off to bad debt. I won't even say chalk it up to a learning experience since I prob would have shipped it too./buzzed rant
So does the bad debt go on peoples credit report? If not, what rental car agency do you work for?just kidding. You're right. There's no way he set this up. It's too bad cause I liked the dude.
i think u have to know me irl to understand anything i post...almost 100 percent of my posts are complete bullshit, i only respond seriously to things that deserve a serious responseand with the ryland shit, i know ryland pretty well irl and i think hes a complete douche bag
I just wanted to point out the awesomeness of this post.
  • 5 months later...